The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Elektron incoming = Model:Samples Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

New Elektron incoming = Model:Samples

Synth Jam on Instagram: “New @weareelektron incoming .... #synthjam #synth #elektron #digitone #digitakt #machinedrum #namm #wnamm #wnamm19 #winternamm2019…”
Sounds great

Last edited by golden beers; 4 weeks ago at 05:20 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

repackaged machinedrum in digitakt style case? that would be cool
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Best to wait for the mk2 which will be released shortly after, making the first device "legacy".
The buggy software editor / sample transfer tool will come 2 years later (for free because Elektron are generous!) and will not be compatible with the mk1 for reasons.

The machine (at least the mk2) will feature a revolutionary monochrome display that will be 5% larger but retaining the crisp 8-bit pixelated type and graphics that you know and love because retro is always cool. I mean, you all played Nintendo games and still do, right? You don't really need to be able to easily read what the controls do, because music is all about feeling.

It will look like an arcade sci-fi machine wilh funky candy coloured illuminated buttons. The arcade quality buttons will still work prefectly long after the cheap display has crapped out and the encoders need replacement ( 3 years later) and the cheaply printed labels of the controls worn out from use.

It will feature mono output because stereo is not really needed and because you can have stereo over Overbridge which will only add a bunch of latency to your DAW and make it unreliable if you have another audio interface piping in audio from other gear. (hint: you should only use Elektron gear). Surely a small price to pay. Similarly there will be no MIDI ports, because Overbridge has you covered.

Staying true to Elektron style, you will not be able to launch patterns without perfrorming elaborate finger dances which will show your audience how much of a master you are. Similarly, the encoders will require 100 turns to make a full sweep because this way it looks like you're really working the machine like an instrument and we all know how good this looks on Youtube Boiler Room videos.

There will still be a lack of decent pattern control over MIDI because that's not the "workflow" you need.

In 2030 the internet will eventually realise that Elektron gear is not cool, after Aphex Twin says so in an interview.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Seems Digitone owners will need to wait for OB VST beta a while longer if Elektron devs are now focusing on this..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Can’t help but suspect it’s a drum machine of some sort given the demo having a focus on drums and the word cymbal splashed across the screen a few times.

Color me curious.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiK777 View Post
I like that
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

The price of a Digtakt here has risen $200 over the last two weeks. Something clogging the manufacture/supply line?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

looks to be some kind of drum & bass synth unit..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

One hypothesis at the Elektron forums is that it’s the addition of drum synthesis to the DigiTakt, and not a new unit.

That would be incredible - and might get me to buy the DigiTakt.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Sounds exactly how I'd expect a next generation Monomachine to sound if it existed.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Luc Cougar View Post
One hypothesis at the Elektron forums is that it’s the addition of drum synthesis to the DigiTakt, and not a new unit.

That would be incredible - and might get me to buy the DigiTakt.
This makes sense and would be less resource intensive than desiging and building a whole new hardware box.

When I preordered the digitakt sight unseen I assumed it would have drum synthesis and was disappointed when it did not. The video seemed to have sampled drums though, it was the synth stuff that was new. So a more complete digitakt groovebox with synth sounds added would be excellent and would also re-establish Elektron's reputation which has suffered some.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebase DMX View Post
Best to wait for the mk2 which will be released shortly after, making the first device "legacy".
The buggy software editor / sample transfer tool will come 2 years later (for free because Elektron are generous!) and will not be compatible with the mk1 for reasons.

The machine (at least the mk2) will feature a revolutionary monochrome display that will be 5% larger but retaining the crisp 8-bit pixelated type and graphics that you know and love because retro is always cool. I mean, you all played Nintendo games and still do, right? You don't really need to be able to easily read what the controls do, because music is all about feeling.

It will look like an arcade sci-fi machine wilh funky candy coloured illuminated buttons. The arcade quality buttons will still work prefectly long after the cheap display has crapped out and the encoders need replacement ( 3 years later) and the cheaply printed labels of the controls worn out from use.

It will feature mono output because stereo is not really needed and because you can have stereo over Overbridge which will only add a bunch of latency to your DAW and make it unreliable if you have another audio interface piping in audio from other gear. (hint: you should only use Elektron gear). Surely a small price to pay. Similarly there will be no MIDI ports, because Overbridge has you covered.

Staying true to Elektron style, you will not be able to launch patterns without perfrorming elaborate finger dances which will show your audience how much of a master you are. Similarly, the encoders will require 100 turns to make a full sweep because this way it looks like you're really working the machine like an instrument and we all know how good this looks on Youtube Boiler Room videos.

There will still be a lack of decent pattern control over MIDI because that's not the "workflow" you need.

In 2030 the internet will eventually realise that Elektron gear is not cool, after Aphex Twin says so in an interview.
Would u like some cheese with that whine? lol
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

The tweet says "new machine" but in elektron terms that does not necessarily mean new box. It would be excellent if digitakt gets a synth machine added via os upgrade.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Drum synth on the 'takt would be great. I love it as is but am still hoping for a big update, like on the other boxes. A4 got poly, AR got that dual VCO thing, Octa got conditional trigs...

I've always wished it was just labelled a sampler, instead of a "drum computer", Having the 8 sample tracks as Kick, Snare... is kinda irritating, as I rarely use all 8 tracks for drums. Would be a much more acceptable situation with an actual drum synth tho
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

or it's a sample pack. 39,99 for the privilege
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Somebody called materialhidden have just posted it on Reddit.

"New Elektron machine graphics from teaser"

Here's the post link:

New Elektron machine graphics from teaser : synthesizers

Last edited by guictr; 4 weeks ago at 08:58 PM.. Reason: Add link
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Can't help but wonder if these are sample or waveform editing icons.

If I tried to interpret them start top left and going down, then top right going down:

Column One:
Disk = save or load
Infinity = Loop or crossfade
Olympic Circles = ?
Cube = reverb or space
Curved Saw and regular saw = waveshaping or fade in
4 S's = ?
Wiggly box = ? or something related to modulation
Wrench and wave = some sort of sample fixing icon
Large circle to many small circles = some sort of slicing

Column Two:
Large circles to small and vice cersa = cross fade
Pencil and Tuning = tune sample or something w/ FM
Circle + venn diagram = join samples
Slope = filter
Recycle arrows = loop sample
back arrow and forward arrow = play forward and then backward
Two arrows overlapping = poly mode
Arrow + volume side = fade in
Multiple arrows = ?

All guesses, but if you study symbols you cant help but try to interpret them.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Could this be maybe an Analog Rytm in a Digi form? Digirytm? Very curious. It’s a good NAMM for percussion apparently.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by guictr View Post
Somebody called materialhidden have just posted it on Reddit.

"New Elektron machine graphics from teaser"

Here's the post link:

New Elektron machine graphics from teaser : synthesizers
This is a simple bass/drum machine, with effects and you can chain your patterns and save them in the internal memory….
Old 4 weeks ago
Please please please let it be a new “pro” product in the full form factor.

It’s been a while, and the little ones with only stereo outs are kind of a c#}*tease.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Physical modelling?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It’s going to be a machine just like Fugue Machine on IOS. Time for playheads sequencing...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

F-ing brill mate. I was gonna make a quip about a mk II of something many already have thus making them feel like fools for buying the now obsolete model but not only did you beat me to it but you added all the other pertinent points as well.

I think you left out the bit about how the sequencer will be hampered by an idiotic limitation which handicaps it severely (no clock divider).
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I wish it will be in the old form factor , same as OT...
And even more I wish it to be TACTTONE in this form factor, combining the two machines in one, in the old form factor, than I will instantly buy to add it to my collection
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

A digitakt (or better yet, an Octatrack) with added drum synthesis and a battery for portability is what I will wish for then. It would be the perfect couch jammer.
Old 4 weeks ago
I’m still gunning for an Elektron DJ mixer with 16 stereo ins, a crossfader, and Octatrack style transition effects.

Sort of like the A&H Xone PLAY mixer, but SPECIFICALLY for line input devices to bring all these machines together in an intuitive way.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

If it sounds that good as in the video then I'm deffo interested in Elektron again.. sounds much more free, less restrained and alive for a change..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Analog Rytm Mk3, finally.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Somebody's got a grudge aginst Elektron

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search