The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Akai pro force
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
Non-flamenco guitarists also use other time signatures. Listen to Tool.
I bet tool can do the basic mental math needed to do 3/4 over 4/4
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0mega View Post
I bet tool can do the basic mental math needed to do 3/4 over 4/4
That's not how time signatures work... and, how ironic, Tool doesn't have any songs in simple triple.
They do have songs in 3/4 + 4/4 -- which would also be super fun if we could do that with Force. Or just 3/4 would be fine... then we could do stuff more like Amon Tobin and less like those ****ing cheesy factory House demos.

Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by olafmol View Post
What are you missing/annoyed about with Live and push?
Nothing at all. Just like the idea of a hardware system that is not reliant on a computer.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
That's not how time signatures work... and, how ironic, Tool doesn't have any songs in simple triple.
They do have songs in 3/4 + 4/4 -- which would also be super fun if we could do that with Force. Or just 3/4 would be fine... then we could do stuff more like Amon Tobin and less like those ****ing cheesy factory House demos.

they make DAWS for that.
This is a looping device so your essentially just dealing with beats and setting it to loop on whatever beat you want so thats what he means by he could do the math. The metronome would be funky but that wouldn't stop me from doing it if I wanted.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoPMiX View Post
they make DAWS for that.
This is a looping device so your essentially just dealing with beats and setting it to loop on whatever beat you want so thats what he means by he could do the math. The metronome would be funky but that wouldn't stop me from doing it if I wanted.
Prove it. Make a two part beat with both phrases in 7/4, using drums and a bass line. Post a video showing the jam....
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Prove it. Make a two part beat with both phrases in 7/4, using drums and a bass line. Post a video showing the jam....

lol what I meant to say was if you want a simple 3/4 which is what he was referring to. I don't make any music in 7/4 so me making any sort of piece of music in 7/4 is going to be stupid. If was going to do it. I would load in a click and an accent and make my own metronome. Do one measure in my preferred TS and then duplicate that measure until I had 4 bars. Or 8 or whatever I wanted my song to be.
Like this

edit: IM not saying this excuses Akai from adding time signatures, ( should be easy to do) but I am saying if I REALLY want to do it... id figure out a workaround. I obviously have no business messing around in 7/4. Even trying to play that drumbeat made my head hurt.

Last edited by HoPMiX; 1 week ago at 03:35 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by oinkbanana View Post
once we get song mode, I'm gonna buy this. been wanting to do ableton style clip lauch from hardware for years. but for 2000$, gonna need it to do a bit more than just that.
Is there any way to arrange a full song or is it still just a clip launcher?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hi all, I'm looking for a new head device and try to understand is it good or not really?
What are the pro, con, bugs etc?
Is possible to use 2 delays for one track?
Does it have p-lock (or something like this) in sequencer?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraku View Post
Is there any way to arrange a full song or is it still just a clip launcher?
arrangement mode is in beta so not yet, but hopefully soon
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Is there any tutorial worth watching out there? May be one that shows how to configure midi and handle midi tracks?

The tutorials i find are all about loading factory content and telling where the play button is and not so much about explaining the machine.

I am coming from a Maschine background and dont find the Force self explanatory.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
Is there any tutorial worth watching out there? May be one that shows how to configure midi and handle midi tracks?

The tutorials i find are all about loading factory content and telling where the play button is and not so much about explaining the machine.

I am coming from a Maschine background and dont find the Force self explanatory.
The Force isn't laid out that well but it's super fun once you know what to do. I just put an order in for one today.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Just bought mine last weekend. Spent about 4 hours playing around with it and will spend this weekend working on Midi out to my synths and work on the sampler. Will be very happy once Arranger mode is working and updated for us non beta testers.

It's a cool machine.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
I'm comming from a Maschine workflow and looking to add another, different way of laying down tracks (also work with cubase 10, for you regular linear daw type of composition) and find myself intrigued by the akai force. Also wondering about the differences between it and the mpc-x, as i'm now in a position to go for either. Don't know if it will make Maschine redundant or not. Love to hear opinions from you experience.

Also, more specifically, as i work with cubase and the akai force has integration specifically with Live, i wonder if it's the right tool for me.
I want to bang out ideas without the need to turn on everything - and then perhaps exporting tracks to my daw. Question is - when exporting wav. from akai force, does it export a drum track as a whole, or individual drum parts (kick, snare etc). Also, from the contrary end - if you lay ideas and start grouping clips into scenes, can you import scenes? Or does it import clips and it's up to you to re-arrange them in your daw?
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 View Post
I'm comming from a Maschine workflow and looking to add another, different way of laying down tracks (also work with cubase 10, for you regular linear daw type of composition) and find myself intrigued by the akai force. Also wondering about the differences between it and the mpc-x, as i'm now in a position to go for either. Don't know if it will make Maschine redundant or not. Love to hear opinions from you experience.

Also, more specifically, as i work with cubase and the akai force has integration specifically with Live, i wonder if it's the right tool for me.
I want to bang out ideas without the need to turn on everything - and then perhaps exporting tracks to my daw. Question is - when exporting wav. from akai force, does it export a drum track as a whole, or individual drum parts (kick, snare etc). Also, from the contrary end - if you lay ideas and start grouping clips into scenes, can you import scenes? Or does it import clips and it's up to you to re-arrange them in your daw?
If you already have Maschine, don’t bother. You already have drag and drop audio directly into clips.

I made the mistake of thinking the MPCx might add something fun or new to the mix. Went right back to Maschine and Live, and only keep the MPCx around for clients.

The time it takes to turn on the MPC OR force, load a new project, and then load a few kits and samples is about 30 seconds different from booting your computer and loading Maschine. There isn’t much to gain in spontaneity.

That said, if you like the workflow better than Maschine (I don’t, but you might) then do it and have more fun making music.

My biggest gripe with the Force (my buddy just bought one... Ive have some time with it) is the file structure. Browsing for individual drum hits is painful compared to Maschine or LIVE. It also crashes on occasion when changing effect parameters while playing the pad buttons.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiBabi View Post
If you already have Maschine, don’t bother. You already have drag and drop audio directly into clips.

I made the mistake of thinking the MPCx might add something fun or new to the mix. Went right back to Maschine and Live, and only keep the MPCx around for clients.

The time it takes to turn on the MPC OR force, load a new project, and then load a few kits and samples is about 30 seconds different from booting your computer and loading Maschine. There isn’t much to gain in spontaneity.

That said, if you like the workflow better than Maschine (I don’t, but you might) then do it and have more fun making music.

My biggest gripe with the Force (my buddy just bought one... Ive have some time with it) is the file structure. Browsing for individual drum hits is painful compared to Maschine or LIVE. It also crashes on occasion when changing effect parameters while playing the pad buttons.
The file structure is a great complaint. It wouldn’t be hard to index every file name and make search actually useful.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiBabi View Post
I know. But the problem is when i have a pattern and i drag and drop it into cubase - it extracts all the pattern as one audio clip without seperating the kick from the snare, the snare from the hihat etc. You get an audio file with everything and after that there's not much you can do with it beside duplicating, moving around or cutting. You can't isolate one of the drums in a kit for individual processing when you import a pattern as audio.
Old 6 days ago
I dont think you need to go buy and relearn another sequencer for that although, you might really dig the Force who knows. I mean, track your drums on separate tracks, learn to chop up the exported audio into individual drums, theres many ways you could split it up for free.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I had a couple questions..

What is the limitations with amount of FX you can use? - i've seen a video with someone cutting a sample down onto pads, then 4 insert fx per pad (?) or is it 4 for the whole group. Also how many FX at once can this thing handle?

Long samples, what are the limits when bringing in minutes of audio

can you send multiple midi tracks to the same channel? so I could have a 2 bar loop send note data to midi channel 1 and a 3 bar loop sending filter changes also to midi channel 1

Last edited by rasseru; 6 days ago at 11:49 AM..
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac
Has anyone been successful at pairing the Akai Force with Bluetooth speakers? I have iLoud Micro Monitors that pair with my iPhone, iPad, and Roland Aerophone Go with no problems. I see the initial connection on the Akai Force but then it immediately disconnects. I had the same issue with MPC Live which leads me to believe it's an Akai problem. I'm asking here because Akai customer service is officially dead. They haven't responded to my last 4 inquiries.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post

I've personally asked MPC Tutor to make an Akai Force Bible similar to the MPC X/MPC Live Bible but I guess that's not going to happen due to a lack of demand. I also occasionally check ask.video, Lynda, and ADSR tutorials but nothing so far.

My go-to sources right now on YouTube are Matthew Stratton and Djmatindus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0vk...PG00w6x6X0CkR7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aOC...ZEP1Z&index=22
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP702 View Post
Has anyone been successful at pairing the Akai Force with Bluetooth speakers? I have iLoud Micro Monitors that pair with my iPhone, iPad, and Roland Aerophone Go with no problems. I see the initial connection on the Akai Force but then it immediately disconnects. I had the same issue with MPC Live which leads me to believe it's an Akai problem. I'm asking here because Akai customer service is officially dead. They haven't responded to my last 4 inquiries.
I thought it was said they can not pair with speakers due to latency.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Bluetooth on the devices is only for midi input. Audio Bluetooth has too much latency.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxdsm View Post
Bluetooth on the devices is only for midi input. Audio Bluetooth has too much latency.
Ok, this would explain why the monitors appear and disappear on the device search screen.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've personally asked MPC Tutor to make an Akai Force Bible similar to the MPC X/MPC Live Bible but I guess that's not going to happen due to a lack of demand. I also occasionally check ask.video, Lynda, and ADSR tutorials but nothing so far.

My go-to sources right now on YouTube are Matthew Stratton and Djmatindus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0vk...PG00w6x6X0CkR7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aOC...ZEP1Z&index=22
Thanks for your answer. I have moved on tho. I didnt gel with it and have to find another solution that works for me.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

I have a few drum sample questions.

To get more drum samples into the force, would it be easier to buy a drum sample pack or just sample some drums off of my Yamaha DTX 12 and save them that way?

Also, once I set up a drum track and load a bunch of drum samples onto the grid, can I SAVE what I loaded up in a kit so I can load that kit later when I make another project?

I have not read the manual much or anything…figured I’d get some answers and thoughts from the pros here!

Thanks.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

A friend uses the Bluetooth MIDI with an Alesis controller Axe. Really tight timing.

I bought one of The Force boxes.

I used the MPC Live many different times. The MIDI clock was whacky.

Giving the Force a shot.
Old 20 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therockfrog View Post
I have a few drum sample questions.

To get more drum samples into the force, would it be easier to buy a drum sample pack or just sample some drums off of my Yamaha DTX 12 and save them that way?

Also, once I set up a drum track and load a bunch of drum samples onto the grid, can I SAVE what I loaded up in a kit so I can load that kit later when I make another project?

I have not read the manual much or anything…figured I’d get some answers and thoughts from the pros here!

Thanks.
If it's anything like the MPC Live/X you can save drum group programs along with the samples. My Force arrived today so I'll chime after I've played around with it a bit more.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search