The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Akai pro force
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP702 ➡️
You can't, but people on this forum are delusional.

https://www.gearnews.com/monster-mac...-from-baloran/
want a smaller akai force?
... stand further away from it... WOW...
looks smaller!

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cresshead ➡️
looks smaller!

Akai better not let Synthstrom make it, because they'll do it with disc streaming too
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
how could you make it smaller but still have 64 pads...?
Quote:
You can't, but people on this forum are delusional.
Delusional? More like Deluge-onal! Of course you can. Here's 144 pads in a smaller package (yes, I am aware the touchscreen needs to go somewhere):

Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 8 ➡️

there is still room to make the pads even larger than the deluge while still making the whole unit far smaller than it is currently.... a force mini is without a doubt very possible
pads only a bairn/toddler would appreciate.
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
looks smaller!

Hey, that actually works
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight ➡️
Delusional? More like Deluge-onal! Of course you can. Here's 144 pads in a smaller package (yes, I am aware the touchscreen needs to go somewhere):

lets see you do a drum roll or 16th hi hats on one of those pads...( as big as 1 finger...)

Here for the gear
Quote:
lets see you do a drum roll or 16th hi hats on one of those pads...( as big as 1 finger...)
There's enough pads on the Deluge that you can afford to duplicate samples on multiple pads. Drum rolls are really easy by having drums doubled up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkh0208 ➡️
There's enough pads on the Deluge that you can afford to duplicate samples on multiple pads. Drum rolls are really easy by having drums doubled up.
hows the velocity on those rolls?
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl ➡️
True, Deluge is sorely missing velocity sensitive pads. For really expressive stuff I'll use the Force, MPC Live or Verselab. For basic drum parts on the Deluge I can manually edit velocity of the notes after I input them. I tend to use the Deluge more for step sequencing anyways rather than performing parts. The main point is that the form factor doesn't present that limitation (inability to do drum rolls, 16th notes, etc.) in terms of the conversation regarding a miniaturized Akai Force, and if one were built it would likely have velocity sensitive pads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkh0208 ➡️
True, Deluge is sorely missing velocity sensitive pads. For really expressive stuff I'll use the Force, MPC Live or Verselab. For basic drum parts on the Deluge I can manually edit velocity of the notes after I input them. I tend to use the Deluge more for step sequencing anyways rather than performing parts. The main point is that the form factor doesn't present that limitation (inability to do drum rolls, 16th notes, etc.) in terms of the conversation regarding a miniaturized Akai Force, and if one were built it would likely have velocity sensitive pads.
Sorry it was a bit of an in joke that only I’m in on...whenever anyone mentions deluge I have to say velocity. Which makes sense in this form factor but I’m not sure how no velocity would translate or be welcome on a mini force.
Here for the gear
Quote:
Sorry it was a bit of an in joke that only I’m in on...whenever anyone mentions deluge I have to say velocity. Which makes sense in this form factor but I’m not sure how no velocity would translate or be welcome on a mini force.
I'm definitely with you on the lack of velocity sensitivity on the Deluge though. It blows my mind that they didn't at least add it in by hardware revision 3. A Mini Force without velocity sensitivity (or even aftertouch, IMO) would be a fatal flaw for Akai, for sure!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I’m an rs7000 nut (don’t currently have one, but have bought sold and rebought it more times than I’d care to admit) and one of the many brilliant things Yamaha added to it was exactly TWO velocity sensitive pads that could be freely assigned to any note on the fly. Now, I’m not one of these finger drumming prodigies on the tiktok or whatever the kids use, but for a drum machine that’s all I’ll ever need. And now I’ll cry into the void once again: “when, Yamaha, when will you bless us with the new rs7000 we so desperately need?!”
Nope, no velocity, no buy...this is 2024 ffs, or 2019, or a year
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I mean - sure. You can't??! Practice your skills, man.

Quote:
pads only a bairn/toddler would appreciate.
You remind me of all the people who complained that the MPC One pads were smaller than the Live/X. How'd that work out?

Quote:
There's no reason to suggest that velocity couldn't be utilized just fine on this imaginary product. We're just talking about pad size anyway, right?

Last edited by EnochLight; 1 week ago at 08:38 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
thing is akai could easily do a Force mini with velocity pads... like I said earlier the deluge pads are quite useable but there is ample room for making them larger and even more playable , and room for an limited touch screen if one has to have one and stillllll be waaaaaaay smaller than the regular Akai Force.....more inspiration you say?....

put 6-8 knobs right across the top

those are 48 pads that are larger than the deluge.... add another 16 pads and some knobs and you'd still be far smaller than the Force
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 8 ➡️
thing is akai could easily do a Force mini with velocity pads... like I said earlier the deluge pads are quite useable but there is ample room for making them larger and even more playable , and room for an limited touch screen if one has to have one and stillllll be waaaaaaay smaller than the regular Akai Force.....more inspiration you say?....

put 6-8 knobs right across the top

those are 48 pads that are larger than the deluge.... add another 16 pads and some knobs and you'd still be far smaller than the Force

just make the screen 10 inches and the force mini and ipad app .. solved!
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
just make the screen 10 inches and the force mini and ipad app .. solved!
Attached Thumbnails
Akai pro force-45e2730c-cd9d-40d1-9d4b-4d1b87f3847d.gif  
Lives for gear

Quote:
where does it end.. apple watch app?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Well it is not like Force Pads are all that great or sensitive, one needs to train quite a bit to get some expressiveness out of them, specially on drums given that one almost always hits the pads at full velocity.

In a future hardware revision I hope they improve them quite a bit, or even better, make them MPE compatible.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Even if they make it too small or even with not sensitive pads, it doesn't mean everyone is obliged to buy it, right?
For me the Force is a bit too heavy to be a bed or sofa device. The MC707 is much better in this regard.
I also use Novation launchpad mini and its pads are small, but fine for me. Not touch sensitive either. Still fine.

i could easily envision cheaper force mini without the small displays, only single touch LCD, no SSD only SD, USB, MIDI and maybe only 4 assignable knobs, with smaller non velocity pads for a half price of big force. Not for pro's, but for "volca" crowd.
Would be a total hit for $500 IMHO, don't tell me it wouldn't. I would get one for toilet time. They are fully aware that the one thing they can beat everyone else is price. Unless behringer comes up with their clone...

The current FORCE has a lot of stuff that can be cut away and still keep the functionality - the force was build a bit luxurious.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Strange - my Force doesn’t recognize my Elektron A4 over USB midi. It sees the Blofeld. My MPC Live had no such issues.
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Double check that the A4 is in USB midi mode and not Overbridge mode. It definitely won’t show up if set to the latter.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Hi newbie here.. anyone know how I can change presets from the force's plugins using automation inside the force? doesn't seem like I can do it.. also i want to be able to change the plugin's macros using an external hardware.. also doesn't seem like i can do it.. tell me I'm wrong..
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by acarlay ➡️
Hi newbie here.. anyone know how I can change presets from the force's plugins using automation inside the force? doesn't seem like I can do it.. also i want to be able to change the plugin's macros using an external hardware.. also doesn't seem like i can do it.. tell me I'm wrong..
I don't believe you can change presets using midi or automation or anything like that.

As far as I'm aware (and I may be wrong) the Force does not have the midi mode that the MPC has so mapping qlinks and stuff is not possible at the moment? I've never tried but I think that's the case.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone been able co control drum synth with an external midi controller, like playing it with the keys or pads externally?
Thanks!
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
So I picked up a Force again. Had several offers in on Reverb.com but the seller was playing the long game. Reached out to my Sweetwater rep and he scored me a Force new in the box for $825 USD shipped, with a 2 year warranty. Not too shabby! Sorry to step away. I knew I should have kept my first one. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentokan ➡️
Anyone been able co control drum synth with an external midi controller, like playing it with the keys or pads externally?
Thanks!
Did you set your MID controller hooked up to your Force under preferences to: Control?
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight ➡️
So I picked up a Force again. Had several offers in on Reverb.com but the seller was playing the long game. Reached out to my Sweetwater rep and he scored me a Force new in the box for $825 USD shipped, with a 2 year warranty. Not too shabby! Sorry to step away. I knew I should have kept my first one. Lol

Did you set your MID controller hooked up to your Force under preferences to: Control?
My controller wasn t going low enough in keys.. solved!
Old 23 hours ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Guys, please please give me a hand!
How to set up the Force not to have a midi loop when using external keyboard and modules.

Somehow, on the digital synths doesn’t create me problems , but on all analog ones it does big time…
I tested and it’s all got to do with some midi loop, because when I disconnect midi in port it’s all good, but I am a keys player, so I need the keys.
Thanks!
Old 23 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
The only thing really keeping me from buying a Force at this point is the lack of time signatures outside of the most elementary ones. I could go back to making 4/4 industrial but I kinda moved beyond that about 17 years ago.
Old 10 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentokan ➡️
Guys, please please give me a hand!
How to set up the Force not to have a midi loop when using external keyboard and modules.

Somehow, on the digital synths doesn’t create me problems , but on all analog ones it does big time…
I tested and it’s all got to do with some midi loop, because when I disconnect midi in port it’s all good, but I am a keys player, so I need the keys.
Thanks!
Anyone?
📝 Reply