The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Akai pro force
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro One View Post
Force can't use MPC software though, to my understanding. How does that work without it?
When you import an expansion into the software it creates a folder with all the relevant files, including the jpeg. Take this folder and move it to your expansion folder on your Force and it will appear as a thumbnail on your browsers expansion view
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by flextone View Post
Thanks. What I want is rather simple. Same sound playing on two pads, one with note repeat on and one without.

On my mpc1000 and 3000 I have a pedal connected so that I can turn note repeat on and off with my foot. Very comfortable while performing. I need some workaround for that on the force.
So Im not quite sure if there is a way to have macro pads and other pad modes active but at least in macros this can be done with a note repeat macro. It would be cool if Akai would let us have custom rows locked to whatever mode we choose or at least the top row like the "arrangement always first row" setting. However you could assign a note repeat macro to a knob and have it activate upon touch or you could assign it to the cross fader. Different note repeat zones even if you are a badass.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The MV-1 is an interesting device but I keep thinking with just $99 bucks more you can get Force that does almost everything the MV-1 does and more in terms of arrangement capabilities). It’s basically a DAW in a box. If Akai created a template with everything laid for ease of use that would make it super easy for anyone to use, but give them room to grow if they so choose down the line.

Maybe they can add some vocal effects or amp sims.

I found this video interesting

Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I found the less than jake poster in the background interesting.
Old 23 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse View Post
The MV-1 is an interesting device but I keep thinking with just $99 bucks more you can get Force that does almost everything the MV-1 does and more in terms of arrangement capabilities). It’s basically a DAW in a box. If Akai created a template with everything laid for ease of use that would make it super easy for anyone to use, but give them room to grow if they so choose down the line.

ehh.... where I live (Europe) there is a 300 euro difference between the Force and the MV-1 ... Force goes for €999, MV-1 goes for €699
Old 22 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

I've been going back and forth on this or the M+, looking for a clear delineation. Looks like the Force is the one to get.
Old 22 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Force doesnt have the zen core synth engine or the huge range of roland/boss effects or the vocal processing.

Verselab doesn't have the massive track count or sample time of the force.

both offer different things... choose one or buy both!
Old 21 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cresshead View Post
Force doesnt have the zen core synth engine or the huge range of roland/boss effects or the vocal processing.

Verselab doesn't have the massive track count or sample time of the force.

both offer different things... choose one or buy both!
I personally think just based on all the YouTube/Twitch producers out there that Splice integration is probably far more useful to burgeoning hip hop producers (which seems like the crowd Roland is marketing the MV-1 too) now than something like Zen core, but that could just be my perception.

The vocal effects, 100%, the autotune effect etc. are extremely popular and I can see that being a big selling point. Like I wrote, if Akai added some vocal effects they could easily cater to those users.

After the 3.0.5 update I think the Force is very underrated. Most of that is Akai's fault for dragging their feet with updates, but they did eventually nail it.
Old 21 hours ago | Show parent
I think the MV-1 is marketed at a distinct section of the market...I think it looks like a great little tool for sketching out ideas or recording demos if you are a vocalist/electronic based artist.

I dont think its even in the same realm as the Force...the Force is the brain of my entire studio now...Id have the MV-1 sitting on my coffee table where my MC707 sits now. I think Roland are going to add to this range but without the full zencore engine Im not going to use them as a studio tool, not if youve someone who's acquired a decent amount of hardware.
Old 19 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
I think the MV-1 is marketed at a distinct section of the market...I think it looks like a great little tool for sketching out ideas or recording demos if you are a vocalist/electronic based artist.

I dont think its even in the same realm as the Force...the Force is the brain of my entire studio now...Id have the MV-1 sitting on my coffee table where my MC707 sits now. I think Roland are going to add to this range but without the full zencore engine Im not going to use them as a studio tool, not if youve someone who's acquired a decent amount of hardware.

It's a good thing the Force is the brains since a total idiot is using it.

Hey kcearl, I heard the 80's called again- and this time they don't even want their music back cause you make it sound so sh*tty.

It's one thing to mold your cheese after 80's music, but you're making nothing but throwaways brah

No wait, you're making throwaways of throwaways
Old 18 hours ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSC View Post

Hey kcearl, I heard the 80's called again- and this time they don't even want their music back cause you make it sound so sh*tty.

It's one thing to mold your cheese after 80's music, but you're making nothing but throwaways brah

U mad bro?

Old 16 hours ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
if Akai would just overhaul the FX in the force and mpc they would triple their sales.... I'm not saying that you can't get creative with uncle Air's Fx package cause you obviously can but even so the fx are hardly on par with the rest of the beatmachine.... in this day and age there is really no reason for this, air is cool but give somebody else a chance for Petes sake, change your ideology.. have a meeting that focuses on making the dopest fx package that a beatmachine has ever had and put in the freakin machines please.... the reason why people would like it is not a notion that can be attributed to rocket science.
it's like the opposite of native instruments where their Fx are great and everything else is crap

not just the quality of fx either, the workflow and ui really need updating to inspire creativity, the x/y pad is nice but so much more can be done with that juicy touch screen ffs......
Old 16 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:

When one disses Earl, one disses oneself
Old 16 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Goddamn - you’re not even trying to hide the trolling. Let’s hear your music? Would love to have some perspective.
Old 16 hours ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
So now that we have all basked in the afterglow of the 3.0.5/6 update and how amazing it is. It's time for some feature requests. LOL. We are on GS after all.

So of course the workflow ones:

- Being able to freely re-order FX plugins and Tracks.
- Better templates that can get users to more quickly use the arranger to finish a track. Newbs would like that I think.
- More than 16 banks of qlinks. I don't need this but the DrumSynth shows how limiting this is for certain plugins and I imagine it will only get worse as new plugins are added.
- The sampler is in deep need of a major refactor/update. Better modulation routing, some modes (wavetable, granular) and maybe an interface redesign to make working with it a bit easier.

Things I would like:

- Better effects. The Air FX are great meat and potato effects but its time to get crazy and some cool effects.
- A vocal effect with pitch, harmony, vocoder etc.
- Amp Sim would be nice.
- Hype is pretty cool but let's get some nicer synths in there.
- Why not something like scale detection.
- Class compliant audio interface support maybe?
- An External Instrument track/effect. Right now you have to set these up old school. Setup the midi track and then set up an audio track with monitoring turned on. Not necessary but would be nice to have.

Things I would like to see in a Force 2:

- Foot pedal support please.
- An updated layout. Maybe move the shift button somewhere else. I feel like the Force's design focuses too much on the top half of the device. Especially the top left.
- SD card slot cover. My SD card always comes out of the slot.
- A way to easily recess the Phones and Cue Mix knobs. Some devices have this press-in click knobs. That would be nice.
Old 15 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
All good suggestions. I am a bit repitetive but hopefully Akai are listening as so many of us are playing the long game with these devices:

- move track and FX orders
- rename scenes
- chain scenes
- external instrument/FX plugin is a great idea
- export drum programs as a drum group I'm Ableton
- Ableton control mode to enable better use of the pads (e.g. allow step seq, note mode, etc). This would allow me to use the Force as a controller once arrangement has moved into Ableton.
- Step sequencing of key parameters can be done by holding a pad in step sequencer mode and then turning a qlink. Similar to how the Push does it.

Currently finding I don't use drum programs as my intention is to complete the arrangement in Ableton, but a drum program will be exported as a stem. Which is a shame as drum programs have great functionality (certainly the best part coming from the old MPC world for me).
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwolf View Post
When one disses Earl, one disses oneself

Sage like bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
Goddamn - you’re not even trying to hide the trolling. Let’s hear your music? Would love to have some perspective.
I heard one of his tracks, a tempest cover of something...it was pretty good. Hes nuts though, has some made up beef with me, probably fairly common in the Trap world
Quote:
So now that we have all basked in the afterglow of the 3.0.5/6 update and how amazing it is. It's time for some feature requests. LOL. We are on GS after all.

- Better templates that can get users to more quickly use the arranger to finish a track. Newbs would like that I think.
- More than 16 banks of qlinks. I don't need this but the DrumSynth shows how limiting this is for certain plugins and I imagine it will only get worse as new plugins are added.
- The sampler is in deep need of a major refactor/update. Better modulation routing, some modes (wavetable, granular) and maybe an interface redesign to make working with it a bit easier.

Things I would like:

- Better effects. The Air FX are great meat and potato effects but its time to get crazy and some cool effects.
- Amp Sim would be nice.
- An External Instrument track/effect. Right now you have to set these up old school. Setup the midi track and then set up an audio track with monitoring turned on. Not necessary but would be nice to have.

- An updated layout. Maybe move the shift button somewhere else. I feel like the Force's design focuses too much on the top half of the device. Especially the top left.
- A way to easily recess the Phones and Cue Mix knobs. Some devices have this press-in click knobs. That would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robleighton22 View Post
All good suggestions. I am a bit repitetive but hopefully Akai are listening as so many of us are playing the long game with these devices:

- move track and FX orders
- rename scenes
- chain scenes
- external instrument/FX plugin is a great idea
- export drum programs as a drum group I'm Ableton
- Ableton control mode to enable better use of the pads (e.g. allow step seq, note mode, etc). This would allow me to use the Force as a controller once arrangement has moved into Ableton.
- Step sequencing of key parameters can be done by holding a pad in step sequencer mode and then turning a qlink. Similar to how the Push does it.

Currently finding I don't use drum programs as my intention is to complete the arrangement in Ableton, but a drum program will be exported as a stem. Which is a shame as drum programs have great functionality (certainly the best part coming from the old MPC world for me).
Great suggestions
Old 12 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Sage like bro

I heard one of his tracks, a tempest cover of something...it was pretty good. Hes nuts though, has some made up beef with me, probably fairly common in the Trap world
We are not all crazy. Maybe EDM trap, not hiphop lol. Will not claim that idiot
Old 12 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
External midi mapping of parameters is my number one. But I just bought a faderfox ec4 after too much scotch the other night and am now desperate to justify my purchase.

Quote:

Things I would like:

- Amp Sim would be nice.

Old 6 hours ago
Here for the gear

Want to move from pc/ ableton to hardware. used mc909 in the past, to work with Parts that I could choose on the Flow.
Q: can I put programchanges in clips to select patterns on my model:cycles!
Old 3 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Yep, but only one PC per clip.
📝 Reply