The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Akai pro force
Old 4 days ago
  #4801
Lives for gear
 
HoPMiX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxdsm View Post
Some pretty nice surprises in 3.0.5....

Edit: Wow.
Lol. He’s just Firing you guys up. Funny how quick the Facebook page got a “leak the beta”
Post.
Old 4 days ago
  #4802
Gear Maniac
As usual, we're all back on NDA. But without giving details - it is a big improvement over the previous features in the last beta. They have worked hard on workflow and I think I can now use my unit for the reason I bought it - a DAWless setup. There's also other things in it that were theorised earlier in this thread... It should make some people happy I think - probably would get into trouble talking about them. I'm sure someone else will leak.
Old 4 days ago
  #4803
Gear Addict
I'll check out the beta later tonight. It's supposed to feature a new GUI for the arranger. The other notes were just boring gibberish to me.......now back to work
Old 4 days ago
  #4804
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
I think daddy's....gone, sorry....
But he said he'd be back before Q3 and now moms saying that we have to go live with her new friend Gary!!
Old 4 days ago
  #4805
Lives for gear
 

What did I do to make akai hate me... I’ve requested in the beta on 2 force serial numbers and can’t get in
Old 4 days ago
  #4806
Lives for gear
Bros I haven't requested VIP room - I just ass-u-me-d Dan would wave me in
Old 4 days ago
  #4807
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP702 View Post
I'll check out the beta later tonight. It's supposed to feature a new GUI for the arranger. The other notes were just boring gibberish to me.......now back to work
Boring gibberish? There's some huge huge stuff in there, below the arrangement walk through. Starts with M.
Old 4 days ago
  #4808
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus2 View Post
Yep, it doesn't bode well for the Force, especially for a product that was still big on akai's homepage a few months ago.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200211...w.akaipro.com/

Hopefully they'll still release the next OS but clearly it's not a priority from a PR perspective on Akai's own website.

The fault lies with AKAI itself. Had they deferred its release for a year or so with a better OS they wouldn't have had to slash its price by 1/3 in order for it to sell.

I have hard time believing now that the MPC and the Force will converge into a single OS like previously stated, but wait and see.
Yeah. I think they should have waited. It seems they bit off more than they could chew.

It sucks to be an early adopter sometimes. Well I'm packing it up and hopefully I can sell it somewhere. No use waiting another half year to see an update.
Old 4 days ago
  #4809
Here for the gear
 

Wow l have to say the last few pages of comments reminds me of the issues most of us had with Pioneer and the Toraiz SP-16. They also received a lot of complaints of an unfinished product with many customers saying they will never buy another Pioneer device. I also own the force and never thought this could be happening to me again. In comparison they both promise features but never deliver they do this to encourage sales. This is a dangerous approach because once the customer looses trust it's bad news for the company. If l was Akai l would definitely anounce a little of what is going on to reduce tensions this would go along way. Like Pioneer the longer this goes on the worst it will get.
Old 4 days ago
  #4810
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxdsm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP702 View Post
I'll check out the beta later tonight. It's supposed to feature a new GUI for the arranger. The other notes were just boring gibberish to me.......now back to work
Boring gibberish? There's some huge huge stuff in there, below the arrangement walk through. Starts with M.
But that's an obvious one.
Old 4 days ago
  #4811
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
tbf the X isnt on that home screen either...its not discontinued, and theres two pics showing the MPC Live MkI which is
To be fair they are probably showing the devices that actually sell as that's probably why people are going to site to begin with. The Live may be discontinued but the Live brand in general probably has a lot of interest at the moment as well as the MPC One. I'd be really surprised if the X sold that well either. It probably sold to those who really needed/wanted one but I'm sure the Live and One completely eclipse it in-terms of sales.

But maybe we are just reading too much into a site change. Either way I'd be very surprised if the Force sold all that well so I can definitely see them drop it from their front page.
Old 4 days ago
  #4812
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse View Post
To be fair they are probably showing the devices that actually sell as that's probably why people are going to site to begin with. The Live may be discontinued but the Live brand in general probably has a lot of interest at the moment as well as the MPC One. I'd be really surprised if the X sold that well either. It probably sold to those who really needed/wanted one but I'm sure the Live and One completely eclipse it in-terms of sales.

But maybe we are just reading too much into a site change. Either way I'd be very surprised if the Force sold all that well so I can definitely see them drop it from their front page.
tbf I wouldnt read into anything on the home page, its half a dozen pics, they currently have more than half a dozen products for sale
Old 4 days ago
  #4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxdsm View Post
Boring gibberish? There's some huge huge stuff in there, below the arrangement walk through. Starts with M.
M?

Multi/Massive/Meaningful/Magic/Missing(not), disk streaming?!!


Oh Fck Yeah!!!
Old 4 days ago
  #4814
Lives for gear
 
HoPMiX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
tbf the X isnt on that home screen either...its not discontinued, and theres two pics showing the MPC Live MkI which is
the first tab is MPC SERIES. Which the x falls under. Then they go into controllers. Software. The force is the last item in the products menu. Normally you'd list products in alphabetical order. Not here though. They even list legacy products before the force.
Old 4 days ago
  #4815
Special Guest
 
starcadian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
M?

Multi/Massive/Meaningful/Magic/Missing(not), disk streaming?!!


Oh Fck Yeah!!!
More like misk dreaming *crying profusely emoji*
Old 4 days ago
  #4816
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoPMiX View Post
the first tab is MPC SERIES. Which the x falls under. Then they go into controllers. Software. The force is the last item in the products menu. Normally you'd list products in alphabetical order. Not here though. They even list legacy products before the force.
Omg they rate discontinued products more than it! Akai truly hate the Force...though after reading this thread I think Im a little closer to understanding why
Old 4 days ago
  #4817
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoPMiX View Post
the first tab is MPC SERIES. Which the x falls under. Then they go into controllers. Software. The force is the last item in the products menu. Normally you'd list products in alphabetical order. Not here though. They even list legacy products before the force.
There is a blink- and-you’ll-miss-it appearance by the X in the film loop at the top of the home page - at least I’m pretty sure I spotted it, couldn’t be bothered to watch a second time.
Old 4 days ago
  #4818
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solapse View Post
As usual, we're all back on NDA. But without giving details - it is a big improvement over the previous features in the last beta. They have worked hard on workflow and I think I can now use my unit for the reason I bought it - a DAWless setup. There's also other things in it that were theorised earlier in this thread... It should make some people happy I think - probably would get into trouble talking about them. I'm sure someone else will leak.
Sounds good. Hopefully they'll fix it all and get all the features in place. At that point I'd be interested again.

But I'll say it again...if they would just release bug fixes on a regular basis it would eliminate the teeth gnashing and ill-will.
Old 4 days ago
  #4819
From the interwebs

Quote:
NEW: Arranger with updated GUI for faster editing, easier navigation and efficient song finalization. Properly structure your and complete your songs.
NEW: MIDI Multi support for independent control of up to 32 USB devices. Force is the centerpiece of your MIDI setup.
NEW: Updated macro controls with expanded parameter assignments. Assign and control multiple parameters simultaneously with 8 knobs.

NEW: From Sample Edit you can now use the Force pads to audition samples and input slices.
PLUS a host of workflow refinements including the Mixer, File Browser, Pull Down Menu, Sample Edit and much more.

No mention of the drum synths? An update to far?


Glad they took longer to get the multi midi in...is brilliantly implamented on the mpc, for multi sequencer setups its a must...now someone send me the beta please
Old 4 days ago
  #4820
Gear Head
 

Hi all,

Soo .. all 8 assignable knobs on my recently acquired Force make a noticeable mechanical/physical(not electrical) clickish type noise when turned or just handled in general.

Have made a video to attempt to demonstrate: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qOFk...

And this is a old thread I was pointed to on another forum I think describing a similar issue on the MPC Live:
https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=184420

Thoughts anyone ?
Old 4 days ago
  #4821
Lives for gear
 

wow, the moral at Akai must be quite low, we're lucky to get anything at all
Old 4 days ago
  #4822
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 8 View Post
wow, the moral at Akai must be quite low, we're lucky to get anything at all
They have no morals for lying in their ads. I bet their morale is low too
Old 4 days ago
  #4823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 8 View Post
wow, the moral at Akai must be quite low, we're lucky to get anything at all
I know sometime in the future I'll be sitting with my kids


Me: remember the horrific year 2020 was?

Kids: you mean when akai were late with that update?

Me: yup kids, yup <stares out of the window>

Kids: the bastards...

Camera pans out to street, heavy rain, a black crow flies off scene from left, cellos swell...
Old 4 days ago
  #4824
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0mega View Post
They have no morals for lying in their ads. I bet their morale is low too
but you know their morale has to be affected, they probably just wish the folks who don't like their products would just not use them and quit stalking them at this point.
Old 4 days ago
  #4825
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 8 View Post
but you know their morale has to be affected, they probably just wish the folks who don't like their products would just not use them and quit stalking them at this point.
Lol oh I sold mine. I just like watching the slow train wreck. Akai has a lot of work to do to ever get my money again.
Old 4 days ago
  #4826
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 8 View Post
but you know their morale has to be affected, they probably just wish the folks who don't like their products would just not use them and quit stalking them at this point.
Let's just say that if Akai was the police department, they'd be telling their users to "stop resisting".
Old 4 days ago
  #4827
Lives for gear
 

I keep hearing people talking about using something else but they never name the machine that they are going to for those features they are waiting on Akai for, I'd like to know what it is for sure though so I can try it out?
Old 4 days ago
  #4829
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
lol

I think the xw-pd1 might have had the FX scenes feature of the electron rytm before the rytm... gotta check the date on that one to be sure
Old 4 days ago
  #4830
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 8 View Post
I keep hearing people talking about using something else but they never name the machine that they are going to for those features they are waiting on Akai for, I'd like to know what it is for sure though so I can try it out?
I agree. For me, as of 3.0.4, there's nothing quite like the Force. As soon as it gained the ability to record clip performances into a linear sequence it elevated itself to a plateau that for whatever reason, no other manufacturer seems to be able or willing to go to.

There are all kinds of pattern and clip based sequencers out there with rudimentary "sequence chaining" or nothing at all. But nothing that just literally records what you do with your patterns to multiple tracks and lets you edit or replace it afterwards. There's no real limit to this concept in the Force, either. You can technically treat a single clip as a whole track and just record one big long collection of lead lines or play long pads across all your other shorter clips for the duration of your song, etc. You can stop any of the parts while they're playing and try a different part in a different clip -- just like in Ableton Live. I think it's really cool and very forward-thinking for a piece of hardware.

I'll just ignore the fact that it came to the market without that ability and that technically it's still not an official feature. But I'm running the beta, so I don't care.
📝 Reply
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump