The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Akai pro force
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Part of my is optimistic that they're trying to put so much into it and want it perfect, but the more realistic side of me thinks its probably just Akai being the usual sh1t show we've come to expect in the last few years. Im sure we'll see it at some stage, at this stage I've no expectations so whenever it arrives it'll be a bonus. The only absolutely confirmed is this being the last Akai product I'll ever buy from new. Putting it simply, they don't deserve my business.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I’m sure it will come, there’s some movement on the Beta Forum with bugs being assigned and more questions asked. But nothing at all from Akai on dates or features.
No matter how good the update will be, even if amazing and way beyond what anyone could have imagined, they will not get any more money from me.
In case, I’ll wait and go second hand.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Yeah but by the time it comes no one will give a ****. I’m officially ready to move on to other gear instead of sitting on my hands waiting for another six months for akai to fill the gaps it promised to fill.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Akai is DEFINITELY not done with the Akai Force.
  • If you can't use it how it is now - Sell it.
  • If you don't like it - Don't buy it.
  • If you find something better - Use it.
  • If you don't find something better - Buy it.

I get the frustrations (to a point), but the longer, the more chance of better features...a lot better.

Everyone likes new things but hates change...

Just out of curiosity: What could Akai say that they haven't already?
  • They've said the next update will be a public, no beta.
  • They decided to make big changes instead of small updates/fixes.
  • It's going to take as long as it takes.
  • They still believe in the Force product line.

If they showed anything they're working on, and it changed, they would open themselves up for even more grief *yes, they still read posts on this forum*

I'm remember when I used to mention any news I discovered, folks would still complain...and I don't even work for Akai.

I expect to get hammered for this now.

Anyway, for those who enjoy the Force, as is, especially those who got it at the lower price, you know it can only get better from here.

Right, I'll go back to just posting my tip videos.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

What could they say that they haven’t already?? Literally ANYTHING since they’ve said nothing at all publicly that has ended up being true.

If you know something it’d be cool of you to share instead of throwing out all these vague “trust akai” statements.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicethings View Post
How about ANYTHING at all with an ounce of truth and transparency.

Literally every single other manufacturer of every other device I own in my studio (which is quite a lot of gear) does a far better job than Akai at providing an honest and accurate picture of developments and progress with updates and product life cycles.

Lets not forget Akai have a horrific track record when it comes to just abandoning products with no prior warning so all concerns here are valid. Theres a whole community of users who paid for high end Advance/VIP controllers who'll back that up.

They also have a terrible track record for keeping to deadlines, but the thing is people understand when these things slip when there's some transparency. Akai give zero transparency which in turn creates resentment with users. They don't have to hit every milestone and date, but some proactive updates go a long way.

Also f*ck off with that whole "if you dont like it sell it" nonsense. People paid good money for a product under the pretense that certain functionality was included. If it hasn't been delivered years after product release then every single complaint here is justified. They haven't even implemented a functioning assignable midi implementation yet. Yes I'm aware MPC has it now (only took 3 years after product release) but my Force still doesn't have a way to assign incoming midi channels. I'm guessing from your constant gushing over this device that functionality isn't important to you, but for a lot of others it is.

I get that *you* think that Force is great, I'm happy for you. Dont be such a moron to assume your use case fits everyone else's usage.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriticalMass View Post
Half a year has now passed since NAMM. The pressure on Akai to make good on their promises has been intense and unrelenting, not least on this thread. The amount of potential sales they must have lost now because of their failure to deliver an arranger must be incredibly significant, with the recent improvements to the MPC line surely further persuading potential Force buyers to look elsewhere.

At this point, one wonders if they are selling any Forces new - I would imagine the only movement would be on the second hand market, making Akai no money at all.

Given the serious economic and PR implications of their failure to deliver the arranger, you have to think they would have released it long ago if they had been able. But they haven’t, and their silence remains deafening.

So for me the question is, when should we start concluding that the reason there’s no arranger is because they have found they just can’t pull it off?

Except the arranger does work already...its just not as refined editing as the one shown at NAMM

Im 100% sure theres still an update coming, but as its Q3 now its late...how the Force progresses from this is anyone's guess though. With a pandemic, low sales, lay offs etc I could see developement stopping and just focusing on the MPC, which is the better machine at the moment imo, but really without communication its just totally hypothetical...nothing was "promised" beyond the official arranger update.

Id be happy with the arranger as is, add on the multi midi and be done with it...drum synths, or addition instruments are far less interesting than just getting the core product working with an arranger and bug free.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Last day of Q2, there could be a miracle lol.

Either way, I’m comfortable working with it the way it is. I’d like an update, but I’d keep the force either way.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinters View Post
I get that *you* think that Force is great, I'm happy for you. Dont be such a moron to assume your use case fits everyone else's usage.
I didn't say it did?
I guess I should've said "If you don't like it...keep it and buy more?"
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

The most annoying thing is that I have a bunch of tracks made on the Force which are ready to go for final mixing/tweaking.
And I'm stuck at that stage waiting for a feature that was shown by Akai, not leaked, around September last year.
Sure, I could use the beta, which breaks other functionality and has a few huge bugs, or I could try to campaign to pressure Akai into delivery on what they promised or come out of their shell and make a ****ing official communication to give people a bit of faith in them...

Also, I don't see why people get upset if consumer insist on companies behaving correctly and delivering on their promises, note I'm talking about promises, not user expectations. I'm not asking complaining Akai still hasn't delivered on disk streaming (which I don't think they ever showed) but on the sequencer...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Whether the arrangement works or not in the beta, Akai made promises at NAMM that go above and beyond the beta arranger.

I, and probably lots of other gullible dopes, bought the Force due in large part to its lower price AND those explicit promises.

Those promises are now unfulfilled, and there's no indication that they will ever make good on them.

Those promises were made at NAMM specifically TO SELL FORCES; so it seems to me that there's significant reason for a lot of people to feel ripped off at this point.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicethings View Post
Akai is DEFINITELY not done with the Akai Force.
  • If you can't use it how it is now - Sell it.
  • If you don't like it - Don't buy it.
  • If you find something better - Use it.
  • If you don't find something better - Buy it.

I get the frustrations (to a point), but the longer, the more chance of better features...a lot better.

Everyone likes new things but hates change...

• They've said the next update will be a public, no beta.
  • They decided to make big changes instead of small updates/fixes.
  • It's going to take as long as it takes.
  • They still believe in the Force product line.

If they showed anything they're working on, and it changed, they would open themselves up for even more grief *yes, they still read posts on this forum*

I'm remember when I used to mention any news I discovered, folks would still complain...and I don't even work for Akai.

I expect to get hammered for this now.

Anyway, for those who enjoy the Force, as is, especially those who got it at the lower price, you know it can only get better from here.

Right, I'll go back to just posting my tip videos.
Honestly it would have been better to issue several small bug fixes on a regular basis than to leave users in limbo. That's poor product support.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoPMiX View Post
the force isn't even on the homepage. you have to menu dive to even find a trace of it.
https://www.akaipro.com id be surprised if we get an update. Im not really tripping though. Just think its pretty obvious its a low priority.
Yes, this signals the death of the Force. It was a great ride......wait a minute......no it wasn't
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP702 View Post
Yes, this signals the death of the Force. It was a great ride......wait a minute......no it wasn't
tbf the X isnt on that home screen either...its not discontinued, and theres two pics showing the MPC Live MkI which is
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
I wouldn't go so far as to say I think Force is being discontinued, but seeing no update on this last day of the quarter is definitely not encouraging. I really wish Akai could provide SOME information on what's going on and what they've been up to. Seems like they have so many balls in the air just with this one product that I can't imagine the update containing all of them:

- Arranger
- New synths
- Live's MIDI enhancements
- Disk streaming
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

How did it happen that the beta leaked? Don't you think it was controlled leak to calm down the users?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibnexus View Post
How did it happen that the beta leaked? Don't you think it was controlled leak to calm down the users?
It wasn't leaked. It was given out to users on the Facebook users forum by an (ex)Akai employee who was still working for Akai at the time (Nick, who was pretty awesome). It was most definitely an attempt to quell some of the rising irritation of the delays, and probably to save some face on his part since he's the guy in the NAMM video demoing all the cool new stuff and saying that Akai learned its lesson about over-promising and under-delivering while stating clearly that the update would be here in Q1.

EDIT: And I'll add that the promise of Q2 was made by Nick at the same time he offered it to Facebook users (poor guy... I'd be livid if I were I thrown under the bus multiple times in such a short span by my bosses...).

Last edited by legsmechanical; 1 week ago at 07:50 PM.. Reason: More info
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
tbf the X isnt on that home screen either...its not discontinued, and theres two pics showing the MPC Live MkI which is
Nukai's marketing and customer comms (Dan aside) has always been a steaming pile bro. Everything they churn out is some horribly dated hurting black/red megafont like they are in some 1980s Hamburg sex shop
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwolf View Post
Nukai's marketing and customer comms (Dan aside) has always been a steaming pile bro. Everything they churn out is some horribly dated hurting black/red megafont like they are in some 1980s Hamburg sex shop
ah hamburg in the 80s <scratch n sniff>
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Just had a banging session with The Force.
It made my wish so hard for something like Live's 'play next' feature as the whole track was build around 4 variations of a loop to be played in no particular order.

Before I am accused of praising Akai, I obviously could not have laid such a cool groove if I had not been powered by my rightful anger at Akai.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

New 3.0.5 beta was just posted.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Some pretty nice surprises in 3.0.5....

Edit: Wow.
Old 1 week ago
But, but, its abandoned
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Leak that shit or stfu.
Old 1 week ago
No, beta test it...beta test it within an inch of its life!

Then leak it on Thursday
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

game changer.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

So we can assume the beta is going to be full of bugs and gremlins, right? It's very clear why it was released today, and I'd bet it's not just b/c it happened to be ready for user testing. This fucking company, man....
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by legsmechanical View Post
So we can assume the beta is going to be full of bugs and gremlins, right? It's very clear why it was released today, and I'd bet it's not just b/c it happened to be ready for user testing. This fucking company, man....
Seriously?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Seriously?
Hell yeah. They knew plebes like me would be flipping cars downtown when Q2 passed without a release, so they dumped the beta so smooth-brains like myself would go back to patiently waiting for daddy to finally come back from the store with his pack of cigarettes after 20 years away.

Last edited by legsmechanical; 1 week ago at 09:08 PM.. Reason: more jokes.
Old 1 week ago
I think daddy's....gone, sorry....
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear