The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Akai pro force
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac
Disappointing to read over on the Live thread there are so many bugs in 2.8. I was kinda hoping that now Akai had put that update to bed the Force might get some TLC. Looks like the engineers are going to be occupied awhile longer with the MPC...
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KriticalMass View Post
I think you have misunderstood me, or perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I totally agree that of course it is Akai and only Akai that are at fault when it comes to over promising and under delivering etc. It's not your fault and it's not mine that they communicate so poorly with the Force community on this forum and elsewhere. And we all of us have every right to raise these issues.

But I wasn't talking about blame. The point I was trying to make was pragmatic. I was just raising the possibility that it may be totally self-defeating to come on here daily, as many of us do, and airing the same (totally legitimate) complaints over and over again.

By focussing so relentlessly on what it can't do, instead of the many incredible things that it can (I would have died to have a Force when I was setting out in music), we are dissuading people from buying the Force, decreasing sales and making it less financially desirable for Akai to commit to the cost of the changes we wish to see made.

In a nutshell, what i'm suggesting is that, as a strategy to compel Akai to deliver on what we want, repeating that the Force is a pile of crap ad nauseam is perhaps not the best. And if Akai should fail to provide the updates we are wishing for, and we decide to stick our Force's on eBay, we certainly won't be increasing our profits.
I get the self full filling prophecy thing but I don’t think AKAI comes anywhere near this forum. The guy with the time signatures ran them off several months ago. The hang at the AKAI forum and the Facebook group. If you’re bitching here all you’re doing is making this thread suck ass.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Disappointing to read over on the Live thread there are so many bugs in 2.8. I was kinda hoping that now Akai had put that update to bed the Force might get some TLC. Looks like the engineers are going to be occupied awhile longer with the MPC...
If only they had some kind of beta testing group where tons of existing users had signed up to help beta test this stuff and iron out issues before releasing to the public. If only such a thing existed.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoPMiX View Post
I get the self full filling prophecy thing but I don’t think AKAI comes anywhere near this forum. The guy with the time signatures ran them off several months ago. The hang at the AKAI forum and the Facebook group. If you’re bitching here all you’re doing is making this thread suck ass.
I don't know whether or not Akai lurk on this forum, but that's kinda irrelevant to my point.

My point is that a lot of potential buyers almost certainly come by here, it being the most active Force forum. And I'm saying that if we heavily outweigh positive posts with negative ones as I get the impression that we do (I haven't actually counted), then a fair number of people are inevitably going to chose not to buy a Force.

That's what Akai will pay attention to; a lack of sales. Not the comments we make on here. And that's why, as cathartic as it is to come in here and vent with sympathetic co-owners, it just might be the worst strategy we could employ if our goal is to get the updates we crave sooner rather than later - or at all.

Anyway, I've belaboured this point enough. Sorry!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I don't know whether or not Akai lurk on this forum, but that's kinda irrelevant to my point.

My point is that a lot of potential buyers almost certainly come by here, it being the most active Force forum. And I'm saying that if we heavily outweigh positive posts with negative ones as I get the impression that we do (I haven't actually counted), then a fair number of people are inevitably going to chose not to buy a Force.

That's what Akai will pay attention to; a lack of sales. Not the comments we make on here. And that's why, as cathartic as it is to come in here and vent with sympathetic co-owners, it just might be the worst strategy we could employ if our goal is to get the updates we crave sooner rather than later - or at all.

And you’re missing my point. Which reinforces your point. Why come here to bitch? No one from AKAI is reading this stupid thread. So if you’re bitching here all it’s doing is making this thread suck.
Old 2 days ago
Quote:

i Agree with you, "protecting" a company from bad reputation will "protect" partly what you bought from them, especially concerning products which lives are based for a part on updates. A lot of people would certainly prefer that the bugs sent under the hood, using the means the company puts at their disposal received some kind of answer. When those means are not followed, things change. When you sell a MPC with multiple midi connexion, expect that people will use them, it's not only for the picture to be nice. Akai will go thru this. The part of musicians using their gear in this forum must be small compared to the real life. So, I'm not sure it would affect sales so much. But the majority of musicians using their gear whom will never visit the forums, will take advantage of the bug fixes and new features, even without thinking where they came from. I'm partly a small sound designer for synths and when i speak with some people they just don't realize that when they buy a keyboard actually someone program the sounds.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoPMiX View Post
And you’re missing my point. Which reinforces your point. Why come here to bitch? No one from AKAI is reading this stupid thread. So if you’re bitching here all it’s doing is making this thread suck.
I did miss your point, and I do agree with it

...Which is not to say that people shouldn't feel free to come on here and share issues and concerns - just perhaps not repeat the same ones again and again and again.

Last edited by KriticalMass; 2 days ago at 04:45 PM.. Reason: Addendum(b)
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac
I think Akai will make good on at least some of the promises on the most glaring issues and implement advances that are already working with the MPCs -- arrangement mode and MIDI connectivity, respectively. I just prefer to live in that world and it doesn't seem totally unrealistic. I hope they do these quickly so we could also get to some other things that bother me:

- No portamento in key groups
- No free running LFOs in drum and key groups
- Limited modulation possibilities in drum and key groups -- would like to see more LFO and envelope destinations
- No time signatures
- No ability to delink automation clip length from note clip length

I'd also love to see some more experimental sound design facilities in the effects and sampler engine -- some granular stuff and weird MIDI effects would be amazing. I mean you can get in there and FSU but it's more geared toward conventional stuff... Right now I feel like we're on some point in the continuum between what a tablet app can do and what Ableton can do and I want to go more toward the latter.

Could be some of these are already possible or have a work around -- I'd welcome any info on that.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
Hold the step sequencer button and the buttons will light up to show the pages.
Sweet, much obliged!
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjudge View Post
... I hope they do these quickly so we could also get to some other things that bother me:

- No portamento in key groups
- No free running LFOs in drum and key groups
- Limited modulation possibilities in drum and key groups -- would like to see more LFO and envelope destinations
- No time signatures
Except for time signatures, these ones seem like such small things to do (in terms of cost to implement). Honestly, I'd take these before the arranger and MIDI (though I want those too). If they gave keygroups similar capabilities to Ableton's Simpler... I would be so happy with just that. With a bit more flexibility we would have a lot more possibilities for design. These basic sound design things drive me a bit mad (but only a bit, still love force).
Old 23 hours ago
Gear Head

Does it make sense having an akai force and an MPC live? I own the live and love it and been eyeing the force as well. I found one for $640 all in. Is that a good used price? I know these haven’t been selling well, so I’m not sure what a good used price is.
Old 22 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crevice View Post
Does it make sense having an akai force and an MPC live? I own the live and love it and been eyeing the force as well. I found one for $640 all in. Is that a good used price? I know these haven’t been selling well, so I’m not sure what a good used price is.
Great price. I havent seen one that low before
Old 22 hours ago
Quote:
I think thats a good combo, its what i use...add a mc707 a sub37 and a microfreak...and its pretty much crazy what you can do
Old 22 hours ago
Gear Head

Missed out on that price, but it’s crazy that they are reaching that low already. I’ll keep my eyes peeled on the used market.
Old 21 hours ago
Here for the gear

I finally pulled the trigger after being on the fence for a year. Very impressed with the build quality, I was expecting a cheaper and more plastic feel, but it feels pretty solid. Very happy I'll be able to port all my MPC X kits and keygroups over as the included sounds lean a lil too heavily towards white people dance music(NTTAWWT). I'd say my only real gripe so far is the epilepsy-inducing light show.

Old 15 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleScratch View Post
I finally pulled the trigger after being on the fence for a year. Very impressed with the build quality, I was expecting a cheaper and more plastic feel, but it feels pretty solid. Very happy I'll be able to port all my MPC X kits and keygroups over as the included sounds lean a lil too heavily towards white people dance music(NTTAWWT). I'd say my only real gripe so far is the epilepsy-inducing light show.

If society breaks down I'll use the Force as a shield, it's built like a ****ing tank and the metal plate at the bottom will protect you from blade weapons and lasers.

Blunt weapons might be an issue.

I really disliked the original sounds too, but they've grown on me once I started to consider them outside of their kits.

Browsing being painful doesn't help though.
Old 11 hours ago
Lives for gear
I need a new stand alone solution but out of principle i Will not feed the greedy akai Corp untill they take customers seriously. If i find one cheap second hand i might indulge
Old 2 hours ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakapow View Post
I need a new stand alone solution but out of principle i Will not feed the greedy akai Corp untill they take customers seriously. If i find one cheap second hand i might indulge
Buy used. Won’t help Akai.
Old 42 minutes ago
Gear Head
Quote:
I thought it may be but in hindsight I would stick to the Live - you can get your 64 pads or being able to play your 8 banks on the live in full now with an external controller no problem

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search