The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Max Martin Bass
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Max Martin Bass

Im trying to re create this max martin bass from Ariana Grandes 'Into you' YouTube the bass starts at around 1 min. I'm having trouble getting it to sound as big and punchy. I know it sounds like a saw tooth with some major saturation and filtering but I cant get it right..

I'm using massive. but also have the other NI stuff and omnisphere. If any gurus could re create the patch for me I would be forever grateful.

Cheers,

Harry
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Hard sync.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Here, I gave it a shot... You're gonna have to use more than saw - you'll have to sweep through a wavetable and also use the phase modulation. I used the hard clipper for saturation. I used 7 voices so I could get that width, plus the delay and verb are giving it width as well. Sidechain the hell out of it.

Love that Ariana tune, btw. Reminded me of Jon Hopkins the first time I heard it lol.

Last edited by bloodybob; 1 week ago at 08:49 AM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search