The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
EMI RFI HUM HISS GROUND LOOPS and MORE with the ROLAND MX1 Mixers (Analog)
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

EMI RFI HUM HISS GROUND LOOPS and MORE with the ROLAND MX1

I will try to be brief and specific in the post, I am a user of Roland Mx1 and from the first day I have faced a problem with noises that I still do not know where they come from, the following symptoms occur with instruments, midi, usb, all connected and disconnected Also, in the different modes and in the different sampling rates with which the Rolandmx1 can operate, I must also include that I have the latest update and work without a computer or software.

channels 1-4 and the sendings make noises. very noticeable noises that can be controlled by lowering gain in the channels but still present in the master, I read in forums and others that there are other people in the same situation but none provides answers, I would like to know if the mx1 is a prone device to problems of this type or is there is a hack to reduce noise, I would like to know if someone had this problem and how to solve it or if they have heard of any possible solution without having to say goodbye to the unit because I consider the mx1 important for my workflow , Greetings and thanks to all.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Paging @Eigenwert
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

I can use the mx1 without noise

The prime culprit for ground loops is usb either to aira synths or pcs (guess this doesn't explain ch1-4 tho)

Make sure:
* Everything connected to the mx1 is powered by the same power strip, if poss
* ditto for any pc peripherals e.g. monitors
* ch gain is as hot as poss - max before distortion

I had a crazy situation with noise caused specifically when a monitor HDMI cable was plugged into a docking station for a particular brand of monitor

Edit: the send/return can be a little noisy at high gain so careful gain staging (e.g. ch send levels max poss, then lower send/return gain)
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

1 -4 are analog inputs...so I thing some noise is always there.
Just mute the channels you dont use.

You could also shorten the physikal inputs with a wire, I think.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

As I mentioned before, without cables of any kind the noise is listenable, I have been looking for information about filters, radiofrequency and isolators but I only find information and equipment with American power socket and I need european current outlet.
that's why I ask more about a hack than about a power conditioner or another device, although I think I should accept that it is perhaps the only solution.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search