The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kurzweil hints on a new model on their FB page, probably PC4 Keyboard Workstations
Old 10th January 2019
Here for the gear

Kurzweil hints on a new model on their FB page, probably PC4

Kurzweil Music Systems | Facebook

Kurzweil Music Systems | Facebook
Old 10th January 2019
Gear Addict

aha!

Hopefully a PC4 rather than Forte OS 4 (or both, to keep them Forte owners happy Something more affordable and smaller than a Forte would be well interesting for me.
Old 10th January 2019
Gear Addict

A 61 key Forte basically?
Old 10th January 2019
Lives for gear

Whatever it is, I hope they put the touch strips and breath control input back in.
Old 10th January 2019
Lives for gear

As much as I'd like to see what a PC4 could be, it's probably more likely that it's Forte OS 4.0.
Old 11th January 2019
Lives for gear

Even if it is Forte OS 4, they have to be aware that there’s very real interest in a 61-key version of that keyboard regardless of the specific name they give it. Here’s hoping there’s a little of something for everyone!
Old 11th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
As much as I'd like to see what a PC4 could be, it's probably more likely that it's Forte OS 4.0.
I really hope you are correct, because I was so enthusiastic to buy a Forte, that actually I hoped Kurzweil won't emerge with a new flagship model this NAMM.

The Forte is still pretty new in today's terms IMO, and since all keyboards manufacturers slowed down their release rate in the last decade, I actually feel pretty comfortable to purchase a model that was released for the first time in 2015.

I just wanted to wait to NAMM to get confirmation that everything OK, and to order the Forte immediately after that.

Anyone has a clue whether an OS update should effect the Forte's price point, and if so, about how much?
Old 11th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post
Even if it is Forte OS 4, they have to be aware that there’s very real interest in a 61-key version of that keyboard regardless of the specific name they give it. Here’s hoping there’s a little of something for everyone!
It doesn't bother me if Kurzweil will decide to manufacture a 61 keys version, if there is a demand for that, why not?

I just want them to keep manufacture a 76 weighted version, because that was what I was planning to get...

Anything less then 88 keys it's a big compromise for me, but I can't compromise on portability, also can't play anything on unweighted action, and 61 keys is really too less.

Actually it will be best if the will keep with Fatar TP/40, after all my efforts to find out whether it fits me...
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Addict

It DOES SEEM that PC4 is coming

Musikmesse, Frankfurt, April 2-5 2019

The year of the 4

Kurzweil

A guy replied Spoiler alert: It's an OS update, not a new synth/workstation and they replied with the gif You know nothing, Jon Snow

Let's wait

Wonderful news if true

Old 21st March 2019
Lives for gear

K4000 in K2000 case with sliders pots and knobs and TFT LCD for 1299euro?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search