The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
The One SINGLE Synth you are most excited about in NAMM 2019?
Old 9th January 2019
Gear Addict

The One SINGLE Synth you are most excited about in NAMM 2019?

For me, it would be the Waldorf Valkyrie
Old 9th January 2019
A new Nord Modular and Half-Life 3.

*A man can dream*

Old 9th January 2019
Lives for gear
oh yes. definitely interested in the Waldorf Valkyrie and to see what it has become since the last time we saw it.
Old 9th January 2019
Gear Head

Roland's new Poly Synth made in conjunction with SE .... SE08
Old 10th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthJam View Post
Roland's new Poly Synth made in conjunction with SE .... SE08
is that real?
Old 10th January 2019
Gear Head

Anyone think we see a new drum machine/sequencer or two at NAMM? Really close to pulling the trigger on a DrumBrute, Digitakt or TR-8S but feel there might be other options announced.
Old 10th January 2019
Lives for gear

1. The Roland/SE poly, if it sounds anything like the tibbs poly chained SE02 demos (sounds way way better than the Moog one and any DSI/Sequential). I love a good Roland analog and it's been far too long since we had a GOOD one (JD-Xa doesn't count, but nor does jx-8p/10 )

2. Sequential new synth *IF* it's full analog and has 5 octaves, I doubt they can beat roland on tone (ex prophet 6/ob-6/rev2 guy here btw!) but if Roland disppoint as usual these may be my back up plan. Not interested in any P12/Hybrid/Digital follow up.

3. Behringer Clones... If the above 2 let me down

that's it.

The rest will be digital stuff that doesn't move me at all enough to pay the thousands of pounds they ask.
Old 10th January 2019
Virus TI3. A man can dream...
Old 11th January 2019
Gear Addict

logue OS 2.0
Old 11th January 2019
Lives for gear

An Arp Centaur that actually works.
Old 11th January 2019
Lives for gear

Native Instruments Massive X
Old 12th January 2019
Lives for gear

Korg Krome EX

Although I’d much rather have a new Roland flagship like the Fantom or Jupiter, but that ain’t gonna happen.
Old 12th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLstudio View Post
Anyone think we see a new drum machine/sequencer or two at NAMM? Really close to pulling the trigger on a DrumBrute, Digitakt or TR-8S but feel there might be other options announced.
AKAI was teasing something so there's a chance. They haven't revealed enough to tell if it's a full-fledged hardware synth/sampler or just a controller for software. We'll see.
Old 12th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
Native Instruments Massive X
forgot about this one for the past while. Definitely excited to hear it!
Old 14th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLstudio View Post
The UK Arturia distributor just sold off all their ex-demo/tradeshow DrumBrute units on eBay for cheap (I know this because I bought one, price was too good to say no to even if something else was coming).

So that's certainly a good sign that something new might be coming.
Old 14th January 2019
Here for the gear

Behringer arp quadra - if only.....
Old 15th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo C View Post
A new Nord Modular and Half-Life 3.

*A man can dream*

Yes Nord Modular III and Halflife III would be real nice I am ready to write the check.
Old 15th January 2019
Lives for gear

Korg Minilogue XD - already ordered mine here in the UK to replace my OG Minilogue. Updated nearly everything i disliked such as - new filter that doesn't die when you add resonance, digital effects, 3rd multi OSC, CV in x 2, stereo out, filter drive etc.

2 more voices would have been nice but not that fussed as have other synths that have.

Now eagerly awaiting my delivery date
Old 15th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital 1010 View Post
Korg Minilogue XD - already ordered mine here in the UK to replace my OG Minilogue. Updated nearly everything i disliked such as - new filter that doesn't die when you add resonance, digital effects, 3rd multi OSC, CV in x 2, stereo out, filter drive etc.

2 more voices would have been nice but not that fussed as have other synths that have.

Ditto. I had zero interest in the original minilogue but this looks like it’ll add what I felt was missing in the first place. Eagerly awaiting mine as well.
Old 15th January 2019
Quote:

The filter bit never bothered me... minimoog does the same thing, and I found it just means bass takes overdriving the amp better.
Old 15th January 2019
Here for the gear

It's definitely the Waldorf Kyra for me as well.. I'm very excited to learn about the finalized specs and any Waldorf-ication of it. I wonder how much the design has been tweaked and what the keyboard version looks like.

Something new from Sequential would be exciting. If they do unveil something, I feel like we may see stereo filters/oscillators again..
Old 17th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmpahStomping View Post
It's definitely the Waldorf Kyra for me as well.. I'm very excited to learn about the finalized specs and any Waldorf-ication of it. I wonder how much the design has been tweaked and what the keyboard version looks like.

Something new from Sequential would be exciting. If they do unveil something, I feel like we may see stereo filters/oscillators again..
It'd be nice to see the Oberheim stuff that's been shown at the last couple NAMMs, like the euro maestro phaser and SEM-x, get rolled into DSI's lineup since it looks like Tom Oberheim has gone silent, his website just points to DSI now, not even making SEMs anymore. I was so hoping for a modern 4 voice from him, but I probably couldn't swing it now anyway as I ended up with a One that I'm quite happy with.
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:

Sweetwater has a waiting list for their customers to sign up to get the first models when they are available. They use that tactic to get Pre-orders that they sell for MAP. Its not an expensive synth in comparison to full KB 8 voice synths, but US musicians are always looking for some kind of discount. Sweetwater gets deliveries from Vendors first because they sell a lot of product for the big 3 and provide a 2 year warranty in addition to the mfg warranty.

I don't know what kind of delivery schedule you folks get in the UK. There is definitely Sweetwater preference in the US. They don't give anything away, but their business model costs more $$$$ than warehouse stores.
Old 19th January 2019
Lives for gear

One that's real, available, reasonably priced, and does what I want it to.

Ya - I know - "Good luck with that".
Old 19th January 2019
Lives for gear

Of the officially announced gear so far? The Yamaha CP88 Isn’t exactly a traditional synthesizer but it gives me hope that they’re continuing to try to find new ways to make their technology accessible. It’s the piece of gear that has impressed me the most in that it makes has me thinking about what else they’re working on that might better fit my needs (and frankly there’s a part of me that wonders if I wouldn’t enjoy the constraints of working with a relatively fixed array of sounds to focus on songwriting, much as sitting down at my piano or with a guitar can be inspiring.)

There’s a lot that hasn’t been formally announced yet that I’m curious about. I’m keenly awaiting news from Roland about their rumored new poly, from Kurzweil regarding whatever they’re teasing with the number 4, from Line 6 about the new Helix 2.8 firmware, and from Waldorf regarding the Kyra. Perhaps there’s even a surprise we know nothing about just yet. Sequential? Something else from Roland in the ACB family?
Old 19th January 2019
Gear Head

Moog Subharmonicon.....pretty please....
Old 19th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by David PS View Post
Moog Subharmonicon.....pretty please....
Im 100% with you on this.
Old 19th January 2019
Lives for gear

So far, I never thought that my answer would be the Minilogue XD. These are crazy times.
Old 19th January 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffybox View Post
So far, I never thought that my answer would be the Minilogue XD. These are crazy times.
Korg made some significant improvements in the synth. They may have addressed what buyers were asking for in terms of improving the instrument. With 4 voices and a new filter, the XD can more than cover lead synth solos without sounding whimpy. With all the improvements, Korg only raised the price $100. Apparently, the XD struck the right chord with musicians, there is a Prebuy waiting list at Sweetwater, and similar arrangements at music dealers in the EU.

It looks like a winner.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search