The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
NEW: Korg Minilogue xd
Old 30th December 2018
Gear Nut

NEW: Korg Minilogue xd

Korg Minilogue xd, with custom digital oscillators, like the Prologue.

Yum.
Attached Thumbnails
NEW: Korg Minilogue xd-894c04ec-1d59-4c79-b2f1-39a772be7bbf.jpg  
Old 30th December 2018
Deleted c985153
Nice! I thought that was just bernware, be glad to see it come out
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

Price?
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

Will it include the "click of doom" ?
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

I assume the MULTI oscillators will be compatible/interchangeable between Prologue and XD, which means that the market for custom oscillators is going to be MUCH bigger for developers, which means we will see many more custom oscillators being developed.

So the XD is great news for the Prologue too.
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

I hope its at least 6 voices. Bi-timbral would be amazing. Probably have a fixed VCA so no more click too.
Looks like a killer ! (Well, not a Polysix or Monopoly killer, but a Prologue killer)
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

Can somebody explain what custom oscillators means?

It means you can roll your own?
Old 30th December 2018
Looks interesting...
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
Can somebody explain what custom oscillators means?

It means you can roll your own?
If you're a DSP programmer then yes you can make your own little oscillator and stick it in there. Look up the prologue, it has that feature and various people have already made custom oscillators and effects for it.
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
If you're a DSP programmer then yes you can make your own little oscillator and stick it in there. Look up the prologue, it has that feature and various people have already made custom oscillators and effects for it.
Thanks. Will do.
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

OK I guess. Not the excitement the Prologue brought. But It also brought issues.
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

I'm really curious to see how they're going to price this. I thought they had place for something between the minilogue and prologue, around the 1k mark or so, but this is a lot closer to the minilogue than I expected. More of a microKORG S/XL situation. Which is cool but it seems too early for that kind of iteration/variation.
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

One thing's for sure, I'll stay tuned for the first demo.

Try the veal folks.

Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

No way 6 voices, I’m guessing just 4.
Old 30th December 2018
Theyre not going to cannibalize the prologue so Im guessing four voices still too
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

Hope they keep it four voices, monotimbral, and CHEAP!

I'm in if this is priced same as v1 and has the new filters (or monologue filter that I loves)
Old 30th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Still no desktop version
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

I think of all the announcements that could leak before NAMM that an updated Minilogue is probably the least interesting one I could think of. I just never gelled with V1 and how I tried. That said I’m always curious and if this sounds more Prologue than V1 then I just might pay attention. More leaks please! I think it’s awesome Korg have started the hype machine early, I like a good build up.
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

So after Korg asked if we want a new Mono/Poly reissue, to which question a great number of Slutz were about to wet their pants, we got trolled and were presented with "custom digital oscillators" and a new toy.

Good.
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

Other pic posted earlier/in another thread.

Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

Hope they fix the envelope restarting from zero always, which is just a stupid thing to do onam an analog poly...
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

Def gonna think about swapping from my Minilogue to this depending on specs. Cant wait to see/hear.
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
I'm really curious to see how they're going to price this. I thought they had place for something between the minilogue and prologue, around the 1k mark or so, but this is a lot closer to the minilogue than I expected. More of a microKORG S/XL situation. Which is cool but it seems too early for that kind of iteration/variation.
We don’t know the features yet, if it has full set of effects and a decent step sequencer, 4 or 6 voices polyphony, 2 VCO’s per voice plus the digital oscillator, well, in this case the initial price will be logically about 1k…

But, who cares about the custom digital oscillators anyway, why recently Korg always blur the waters? I mean, please give to the people a better Minilogue and that is all about, why I have to pay extra money for the digital oscillator if for me, and thousands of other users, is pretty much useless?
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

Korg stopped being relevant to me years ago. The re-release of the Wavedrum was the last thing they did that impressed me (sonically).
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

If it costs the same as the minulogue I'm sold on it. I actually like digital stuff, especially if there's a bit reduction mode or something similar. Stick an analog filter on top and it sounds like fun to me
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

Digital oscillators with analog filters? I'm guessing hell yeah!
Old 30th December 2018
Gear Addict

If it replaces the Minilogue, I might consider it, but if it is 1 dollar more expensive, that mini keyboard breaks the deal.
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

if it is real then it sits where the ML sits and ultimately supersedes it in time, it doesn't come close to the PL so why go near it is cost

500 quidder maximum
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice187 View Post
why I have to pay extra money for the digital oscillator if for me, and thousands of other users, is pretty much useless?
1. Nobody forces you to "pay extra money". Did Korg put a gun to your head to purchase this new thing? Don't be ridiculous.

2. I am pretty sure thousands of other users that aren't hampered by Gearslutz way of thinking will absolutely enjoy this thing. And there are way more people out there that don't have the "GS blinds" on them.
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
1. Nobody forces you to "pay extra money". Did Korg put a gun to your head to purchase this new thing? Don't be ridiculous.

2. I am pretty sure thousands of other users that aren't hampered by Gearslutz way of thinking will absolutely enjoy this thing. And there are way more people out there that don't have the "GS blinds" on them.
Ok, I got it, there is no way Korg to make a proper portable and decent featured analogue synth!

People can enjoy whatever they want, but reality is reality…if you can't see the reality that doesn't mean that some other people can't see it, especially outside the gearslutz....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search