The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Can't decide between Cirklon or Pyramid
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

so, there's the ultimate answer to „cirklon or pyramid?“ question:
get Pyramid, because you should have something to use while waiting for Cirklon.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
You can always build Midibox Seq V4+ while waiting for the Cirklon Pretty much the same functionality, slightly different inteface.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Yes I was looking at that Sequencer , looks nice ,

I like to have the option of Intelligent Realtime Programming Functionality which the Cirklon has , the new updates are looking really nice too and I'm still interested , if they call me I will jump in ,

My interests are also leaning towards the up and coming Dada Instruments Composer Pro which is going to be realeased shortly , the bigger the grid the better , Open Source too ,

I'm using Deluge and it's really nice but what it offers is good but my programming needs are moving into a wider frame of ideas which points towards a more intelligent sequencer .
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleclockdivid View Post
JUst a word about customer service
I was almost pretty sure that I have signed up for the circklon waiting list around september 2017 but never received a confirmation email .
So I decided to sign up again and ask if they could check their database ( you never know )
Today I received an email that I already was on the waiting list and will receive my unit around the beginning of 2020
YUY ..6 more months to go
For me it should be end 2019 and I signed up in June 2017...
So, we are in about the same boat

Each time I have asked about info I got a nice mail back from Barbara a few days later.
Now I have been contacted to know if I wanted one of the last Cirklon v1 or if I preferred to wait for the v2.
They are very honest, they communicate and they are supportive.
They have had issues with relocating and with some parts suppliers.
People not able to be patient or not understanding/accepting that a small supplier can have issues should just buy something else and asked to be removed from the waiting list.
People know in advance that you may wait 1 year and half / 2 years...
it has been a bit more for us but I have no problem to wait to get this great sequencer.

And to come back to the topic of Cirklon vs Pyramid: Cirklon all the way even if more expensive and more waiting time.
My personal reason is based on the feeling I got watching YT videos and people manipulating the sequencer.
I much more prefer the Cirklon and its 16 buttons/dials on 1 row with a display showing at once the status of the 16 steps than on the Pyramid with 2 rows and cryptic screen (at least it was looking like that from videos).
When reading the Cirklon manual (unfortunately quite old now) I also add the impression to directly understand the structure and the possibilities while I didn't get that feeling by going through the Pyramid one.

Of course, reality of things may differ and I may be wrong. In that case I can always sell my Cirklon at the price that I bought it (but don't expect that ;-) )
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodweather View Post
And to come back to the topic of Cirklon vs Pyramid: Cirklon all the way even if more expensive and more waiting time.
My personal reason is based on the feeling I got watching YT videos and people manipulating the sequencer.
I much more prefer the Cirklon and its 16 buttons/dials on 1 row with a display showing at once the status of the 16 steps than on the Pyramid with 2 rows and cryptic screen (at least it was looking like that from videos).
When reading the Cirklon manual (unfortunately quite old now) I also add the impression to directly understand the structure and the possibilities while I didn't get that feeling by going through the Pyramid one.

Of course, reality of things may differ and I may be wrong. In that case I can always sell my Cirklon at the price that I bought it (but don't expect that ;-) )

"the Pyramid with 2 rows and cryptic screen (at least it was looking like that from videos) "

Anyway, you might be able to sell that Cirklon back if you don't like it. But what you will not get back are these 2+ years you spent fantasizing about Cirklon, and how you will be such better musician when the box finally arrives, instead of making music now with Pyramid.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodweather View Post
For me it should be end 2019 and I signed up in June 2017...
So, we are in about the same boat

Each time I have asked about info I got a nice mail back from Barbara a few days later.
Now I have been contacted to know if I wanted one of the last Cirklon v1 or if I preferred to wait for the v2.
They are very honest, they communicate and they are supportive.
They have had issues with relocating and with some parts suppliers.
People not able to be patient or not understanding/accepting that a small supplier can have issues should just buy something else and asked to be removed from the waiting list.
People know in advance that you may wait 1 year and half / 2 years...
it has been a bit more for us but I have no problem to wait to get this great sequencer.

Not only are we in the same boat , we both live in belgium
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by time_zone View Post
"the Pyramid with 2 rows and cryptic screen (at least it was looking like that from videos) "

Anyway, you might be able to sell that Cirklon back if you don't like it. But what you will not get back are these 2+ years you spent fantasizing about Cirklon, and how you will be such better musician when the box finally arrives, instead of making music now with Pyramid.
You are indeed not wrong but it depends on the situation of each of us.
I'm more "here for the gear" and I have also noticed that I didn't like too cryptic screens with acronyms or short words.
I have also already different sequencers in the synths I own whereof an 8 part one in my RT Accelerator + 2 Radias
So, the goal is to replace all those sequencers with only one and thus i can wait without any issue.
Moreover, this is for me just a hobby and in that situation, I have time
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFEPASS4 View Post
I'm told next summer my Cirklon will be available but since they have moved to Berlin , i understand delays and Barbra has contacted me ,

I just bought second hand Synthstrum Deluge ,
It's quite enjoyable ,
It's perfect for guitar headbangers who are crossing the fence into electronic music for the first time and want to check out a basic sequencer ,

The no screen is a weird omission , half the time I go back to it I can't remember what I was had previously learned ,

Sometimes I go back to it and it's like a blank slate , it would be great if the program overlay functions were hilighled but for Johnny boy starting out it's a great machine ,
I find there's limited control compared to Cirklon and limited midi .

Cirklon will arrive and it will be a wonderful arrival .

I have Deluge too , i like it , yes its a keen crossover product for headbangers who love headbanger trance , I am creating a spazzy jazzy Triphop feel on my pieces and it's cool and the no screen isnt great and it's limited too , they don't seem to want to build the next edition , cramming in all in with updates . Yes there's times where I switched it on and I'm at a blank and also over running 50 tracks and CPU is straining and notes are dropping , , I'm ready for Cirklon , I'm nearly 2 years and not in a hurry ,
Old 3 weeks ago
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yeah preach brother. When I ordered my Cirklon I didn't make any music from that day on until it arrived. It was a difficult discipline but I succeeded! It was a shame because I missed out on 2 years of progressing with my craft and in fact slid backwards via atrophy. Oh well... live and learn (I guess).

also: WTF?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I always send an offer of £1000 to those people just to troll them a little.. but I will be doing the same because it will be nice to recoup some of the thousands I have spent on this hobby. It is up to Sequentix to stop this situation by limiting sales to one unit per credit card/ shipping address and hire people to speed up the assembly.It's pretty obvious that some people are only buying to sell at a profit.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddoggie View Post
Yeah preach brother. When I ordered my Cirklon I didn't make any music from that day on until it arrived. It was a difficult discipline but I succeeded! It was a shame because I missed out on 2 years of progressing with my craft and in fact slid backwards via atrophy. Oh well... live and learn (I guess).

also: WTF?
Yeah I tried to make some music while I was on the waiting list. They sent me some legal notice which I promptly threw in the trash and continued but then an hour later a swat team kicked in my door and confiscated all my gear. I spent the next 6 months staring at the walls of my empty studio... I shoulda stopped making music when I got on the list.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

When I get Cirklon , I will keep the Deluge and the QY700 , I love them all

Didn't mean to sound too harsh on Deluge , it's a great little portable powerful machine .
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFEPASS4 View Post
Didn't mean to sound too harsh on Deluge
?

You said it’s for “Johnny boy starting out”.

Last edited by ljefe; 3 weeks ago at 10:19 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

That was where I was at the early sticky moments of no Screen blank state of creativity , the Updates gave me more direction and freedom , I'm flying around it now , the 3.0 updates are coming , a pure lift that will take us further is a welcoming arrival .

Johnny Boy is gone back to his wonderful Cajun Fiddle .
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

IN loomer architect ( modular midi toolkit +sequencers ) we have these per step fuctions like divide (plays faster ) and multiply (slower ) by integers
The beauty of this is that we can play a simple dotted note ( on one step ) by simply dividing that step by 2 and mutiply by 3 , or divide by 3 and multiply by 2 for triplet duration .
Does anyonhe know if this is possible in the cirklon , been going through the manual but can't find anything .
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Loomer architect allows you to build a mega cirklon in software the only issue is how to get all the good io and tight timing
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Sure , I love loomer architect ( bought it instantly during first beta release )
But that's not the point .
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
You really should check out the Japanese synth sellers on eBay, they're way worse.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsitamon View Post
Hmm, maybe I'll start a little side business selling these things for twice what I paid for it. Thank you Sequentix for your clever planned scarcity marketing campaign that has allowed this to happen. You charge 4 times what the thing is worth and claim you can't find people to assemble a box no more complicated than many many other electronic devices assembled by manufacturers every day of the week.
There is always some sucker who's willing to pay these ridiculous prices. I was looking for a Yamaha CS2X synth, there was this seller from Japan selling this synth for nearly 500USD. While others sell this synth for 100-200eur. I got the synth for 150 euro. But still, who the heck is going to pay 500USD for this synth? I;ve noticed that the Japanese sellers on eBay really overcharge for the gear they're trying to sell on eBay.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsitamon View Post
Hmm, maybe I'll start a little side business selling these things for twice what I paid for it. Thank you Sequentix for your clever planned scarcity marketing campaign that has allowed this to happen. You charge 4 times what the thing is worth and claim you can't find people to assemble a box no more complicated than many many other electronic devices assembled by manufacturers every day of the week.
Millenial Troll allert !

So according to you the circklon should be sold at 1/4 of the actual asking price , so 380 euro ?
Lol you're ****in nuts and drank too much behringer cool aid
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Millenial Troll allert !

So according to you the circklon should be sold at 1/4 of the actual asking price , so 380 euro ?
Lol you're ****in nuts and drank too much behringer cool aid
Don't worry Uncle Uli will clone the Circklon AND the Cool Aid!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It's called the behringer effect , expecting that everything can be produced dirt cheap and sold for peanuts .
I am glad to play 1400 euro for a cirklon , and that goes for every boutique company .
It really ain't that much considering all it's features , and how it's constructed /designed etc..

1/4 th of the original price
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
It's called the behringer effect , expecting that everything can be produced dirt cheap and sold for peanuts .
I am glad to play 1400 euro for a cirklon , and that goes for every boutique company .
It really is not that much for all that t can do , and how it's constructed .
Uli can keep those prices so low because he has his own manufacturer plant, he doesn't need an external company to assemble everything for him. Smaller companies can't compete against him since Behringer is a big company probably bigger than Yamaha and Roland.

Now I can call myself a Behringerolist.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

expected arrival 10/10/32 rrp $1milly
Attached Thumbnails
Can't decide between Cirklon or Pyramid-cookin.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It really ain't that much considering all it's features , and how it's constructed /designed etc..

It's also called Economies of Scale, and almost anything can indeed be produced for "dirt cheap" and "sold for peanuts" if made in sufficient quantities for said demand.

Now, obviously, no one will ever want as many Cirklons as, say, iPhones or Hamburgers, so those extreme examples of the phenomenon will never be realized, but make no mistake - an increase in production will indeed make more of them available and allow the price to drop. Maths is maths.

And, it's absolutely true that any one of dozens of companies worldwide could assemble these, much less starting a new one or expanding...

So whatever it is that keeps that dude from pursuing this sort of thing, it's not because it doesn't work, it's because he just doesn't want to, or has some other philosophical issue getting in the way.

That's certainly his prerogative, as a sole proprietor of a private entity, but it is what it is, an arbitrary or philosophical choice, not a problem with the method itself.

And how convenient for them... his choice also keeps supply low, demand high, and prices redonk.

Frankly, the normal thing to do in this situation is precisely to scale up production to add supply, lower costs, and eliminate the hella long waits, none of which has a thing to do with Behringer or anyone else beyond very basic economics 101.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_W View Post
Uli can keep those prices so low because he has his own manufacturer plant, he doesn't need an external company to assemble everything for him. Smaller companies can't compete against him since Behringer is a big company probably bigger than Yamaha and Roland.

Where did I state otherwise ?
I was just trying to explain that some people expect that everything can be done /manufacured the behringer way , hence the cheap prices and critisizing the cirklon for being expensive .
If colin chooses to have a life besides his business and not opting for full mass.prod, that's his full right
The only downside imho is the waiting list
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_W View Post

I believe Yamaha and Roland are two of the largest and most profitable musical instrument manufacturers in the world. Yamaha makes motorcycles, pianos, appliances, all kinds of products. Roland makes stage pianos and of course all the Boss gear. I don’t think Behringer (Music Tribe) is close.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljefe View Post
I believe Yamaha and Roland are two of the largest and most profitable musical instrument manufacturers in the world. Yamaha makes motorcycles, pianos, appliances, all kinds of products. Roland makes stage pianos and of course all the Boss gear. I don’t think Behringer (Music Tribe) is close.
Behringer owns: Bugera, Coolaudio, Midas, Klark Teknik, Lab Gruppen, Lake, Tannoy, Turbosound, TC Electronic, TC Helicon. Their new factory is insane huge.

Quote:
Where did I state otherwise ?
I was just trying to explain that some people expect that everything can be done /manufacured the behringer way , hence the cheap prices and critisizing the cirklon for being expensive .
If colin chooses to have a life besides his business and not opting for full mass.prod, that's his full right
The only downside imho is the waiting list
I know but not all companies can own a huge plant like Behringer city:

https://www.musicradar.com/news/behr...is-also-a-city
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

For Cirklon owners , what are your top favourite features that grab you and make you feel your at the front line of pure artistic creativity ?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search