The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Novation Mininova Modulation Wheel question
Old 13th December 2018
Here for the gear

Novation Mininova Modulation Wheel question

I've been playing around with a novation mininova the past few weeks. I noticed something on the Classic synth sound "Tearsinrain DC"

When you flip the modulation switch on this particular sound the actual pitch of the notes moves up a half step.

On every other sound I've played the modulation wheel does not change the actual pitch. It only enhances the sound of the patch.

Is this just a glitch? Is there any way to fix this?

I'm bummed out because the sound is really cool, but can't have the pitch change. Especially since I use the modulation wheel for different sounds and have to switch back and forth.

Thanks for the help.
Old 13th December 2018
generally mod wheels can be assigned to different things. I don’t have a mininova but my guess is it’s not a glitch but a setting you can change. You probably want the mod wheel to control filter cutoff or mod amount of vibrato. Dig in and read the manual. Copy the preset to another slot before you mess with it in case you accidentally screw it up. Go for it. You can do it.
Old 14th December 2018
Here for the gear

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if I can adjust it.
Old 14th December 2018
Lives for gear

You can definitely use he mod wheel to affect osc pitches...either individual ones or all of them. It’s cool because you can have it go with the lfo and add vibrato to one osc, etc...ton of possibilities.

I just used it to make a thx Dolby sound kind of thing
Old 15th December 2018
Lives for gear

Mods, can we move this to the correct forum? @ Reptil
Old 17th December 2018
Gear Guru

I think that's intentional. "Tearsinrain" is a reference to a part of Blade Runner where the synth has this beautiful pitch slide. The patch was likely designed to have the pitch slide around at will. If you don't like it, you can reprogram it in the modulation matrix or whatever Novation's equivalent is.
Old 6th September 2019
Here for the gear

I have the same problem, if i use the pitch wheel it affects somenof the sounds ( not all of them ) changing the pitch a half step and if
I turn the mininova off and then turn it on, the potch on all sounds are normal until i use the pitch wheel again, something is wrong
Old 6th September 2019
Here for the gear

Novation mininova problems

I just boight a MiniNova and it is habing problems, if i use the pitch wheel it affects some of the sounds or presets ( not all of them ) changing the pitch a half step and if I turn the mininova off and then turn it on, the pitch on all sounds get normal again until i use the pitch wheel again because they get out of tune
I don’t know if i moved something or the keyboard is defective
Is there a way to reset the synth to the factory settings?
Old 6th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
Mods, can we move this to the correct forum? @ Reptil
< excuse me please, I seem to have missed that. Threads merged and moved. >
@ jeremymusicman @ Pyro Frak have you contacted Novation? I don't know if you checked the manual, seems to me like this is an issue of assigning the mod and pitch wheels and setting their value (ranges)? I could be wrong, of course.
Old 6th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro Frak View Post
I just boight a MiniNova and it is habing problems, if i use the pitch wheel it affects some of the sounds or presets ( not all of them ) changing the pitch a half step and if I turn the mininova off and then turn it on, the pitch on all sounds get normal again until i use the pitch wheel again because they get out of tune
I don’t know if i moved something or the keyboard is defective
Is there a way to reset the synth to the factory settings?
This was fixed in a fairly recent(!) firmware update, 1.5.
https://customer.novationmusic.com/s..._type=software
Old 7th September 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks a lot this answer helped me to solve the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonPath View Post
This was fixed in a fairly recent(!) firmware update, 1.5.
https://customer.novationmusic.com/s..._type=software
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
This info solved my problem the MININOVA is working fine now

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search