The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I think I must be musically inept! Desktop Synthesizers
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimal1210 View Post
The technical side of putting them together is incredibly simple, but the art (or science) of finding the right sounds eludes me - finding samples and synths that come anywhere near to those I hear in my favourite records eludes me.

This is a bit of outpouring of frustration, but I guess my questions are,

- Is it ever possible to get past this, or should I resign myself to the fact I am tone deaf?
Sound design-wise, bringing a house mentality to "proper" techno might not work because it is often not going to go far/weird/deep/? enough. With techno are you having trouble with just your deep clanks and short phrases or are you talking other elements as well? Having a signature sound in a techno track might mean a lot of sound design steps and stages to get a really unique sound, which you then may have to sample just a short part of. You cant let the strict tasteful aesthetic of techno stop you. Tastefulness and restraint come after.
Old 1 day ago
Bro, fret not. Someday you'll be like me. I'm 2 years in, 70 or so acid techno tracks, 4 on the floor, every tune, different tempo, with variations of the same acid line, ripping through a RAT pedal.

Things are on the up and up, with an insane 250 YT subscribers. I'm thinking of hiring a video production manager and a personal assistant to help me out with everything. This can be you too my friend. Keep on keeping on.

Depends on what you do. I have fun. I don't spend too much time on tweaking and mastering. I don't get paid enough. My interest is in crunching out the same tune over and over.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteaxxxe View Post
Listen through the Rolling Stones list of 500 best albums of all times. There is a reason, that there is not one house or tekkno album amongst them. Guess why that is?
Because it's a magazine for bearded men who like to Rock N' RollA ?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search