The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DHL Express messed up delivery of my SH-101 (solved) Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I eventually got my SH-101. It wasn't stolen. I wish I could change thread title, but I was $^%$&^ beside myself when I posted.

Oops.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Machinery View Post
I eventually got my SH-101. It wasn't stolen. I wish I could change thread title, but I was $^%$&^ beside myself when I posted.

Oops.
Where's it been this whole time? Seaside holiday in Brighton?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Oops.
You can contact the mods and they will change it for you.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

I recently had good luck with them... simpler and quicker than dealing with UPS or FedEx.

Sorry to read about your issue.

Did you ask for a signature hold? I do that for everything since you can't trust anyone.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVidiot View Post
I recently had good luck with them... simpler and quicker than dealing with UPS or FedEx.

Sorry to read about your issue.

Did you ask for a signature hold? I do that for everything since you can't trust anyone.
Oh yeah.

This was DHL Express International Japan to the US. Signature is required. DHL "delivered" my package to the wrong address with the signature of some random person, and delivered bedsheets to me. Then the fun began!

I should make it clear that DHL Europe, DHL Express Int'l, and DHL final leg in the US appear to be different entities. DHL all but disengaged from the US domestic market back in 2008 (they had purchased US based Airborne Express). They appear to be attempting a comeback.

However, it is ultimately their US based phone support that is utterly appalling, regardless of service level. I am hesitant to get into the whole tedious saga, but it suffices to say that I would never again use DHL Express International.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Mitch View Post
You can contact the mods and they will change it for you.
'Was just inconvenienced and horribly worried about an SH-101' doesn't have the same ring to it, though.

Probably the thread should just die. For me, I have heard the guy from the DHL hold recording for the last time!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Glad to hear you got it.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Did you at least get an apology?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for the conversation between the phone CSR and their manager:

"Someone is saying we delivered a piano to them they didn't ask for"
"Isn't a piano above our weight limit? Did we charge them extra?"
"What do you mean some guy says those aren't his bedsheets?"

<cue 10 second clue-in countdown...>

"Hey, waitaminute!"

Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
'Was just inconvenienced and horribly worried about an SH-101' doesn't have the same ring to it, though.
At least you wouldn't have a misleading title that's untrue.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
At least you wouldn't have a misleading title that's untrue.
Do you claim to have some special knowledge of this case? The reason I suspected theft was entirely due to DHL's incompetence and negligence.

First, by delivering my package to the wrong address. Second, by accepting the signature of a random person. Third, by marking the package as signed for by me (even though my name was not the signature collected.) Fourth, by taking my package back to their shipping hub (after the homeowner immediately recognized the package didn't match her address,) rather than turning around and fixing the problem then and there.

Fifth by leaving my package with the status of "Delivered--signed by Bad Machinery" for four days after delivery was refused by the homeowner (albeit, after she had signed) and the package was apparently sitting in a warehouse. Sixth, by having a 15 to 30 minute wait time each of nearly ten or so times I had to call to straighten this out, with the DHL reps never once promising to follow through, providing a case #, a direct line, a last name, or annotating my waybill number with any notes about the case whatsoever, leaving me to explain my case anew on each call. Seventh, by telling me on two separate occasions (other than the scheduled delivery time, mind you) that a delivery will be made, only to not show (remember, the tracking read "Delivered--signed by Bad Machinery this whole time, so no updates there!)

So, I was left for several days trying to explain to a foreign trading partner that I had not in fact signed for the package DHL said I had, and that nobody at DHL seemed to care much about it. I'm not sure if he believed me. For a second, I wasn't sure *I* would have believed me, given how official everything looked. Lucky thing I had the aforementioned bedsheets, as well as video of the DHL driver delivering the wrong package to my home (without collecting any signature, of course).

So, it would be nice if the title were more accurate. But seeing as I didn't accuse anyone in particular of theft, I'm not sure the title is the only thing that needs clarification.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Do you claim to have some special knowledge of this case? ).
All I know is what you have told us.

Quote:
But seeing as I didn't accuse anyone in particular of theft, I'm not sure the title is the only thing that needs clarification.
You accuse dhl of robbing you in the thread title.
You weren't robbed, you just received poor service.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
DropHideLose have ALWAYS been horrendous
Old 5 days ago
Quote:

Oops.
< done >
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Considering how long he spent on the phone I'd say it was theft of valuable time.

You have to wonder:

If a not-so-nice courier employee were theoretially to erm... liberate a package and have an airtight paper trail (showing the reciever accepted and signed for the item) this is probably how it would go down, right smack in the middle of the busiest time of year. It's only because the OP kept pushing the issue did anything get resolved.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

The question is, has anyone checked bedding forums to see if someone is posting distraught messages about stolen bedsheets?
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
This is still going to be driven around in the van the whole day.
Not for me. It delivers at the FedEx Kinkos near my house about the same time it comes to my house (about 11:00AM).
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

My question is, who would use DHL for bed-sheets?
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

I'm slightly off topic, yeh I'd like to hear some of the more enraged phone conversations couriers and the like get. I tend to get mad fast with these people when they put obstacles in the way, I don't hold back, basically tit for tat. "Wanna pee me off? Then get a load of this" <-that's me.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

The real take away here is that while it is not likely, there is a possibility that a Roland Jupiter 8 or Yamaha CS-80 that we didn't pay for could be misdirected and end up at our door step. And that's a wonderful thing.

Also, this event inspired the script for "The Grinch Who Stole My Synth," which will play in theatres near you in 2020.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

bedsheets
glad you got your 101

i'd have a sense of humour failure pretty fast as well.

thing is - and i've had a very bad experience with this this year -
faced with faceless corporate telephone people who don't really
give a damn about service, and send you their appraisal form
afterwards. ordering, paying online is all very well until something
goes wrong and it's important. quite often, you've got not recourse
and have to get engaged in a monstrous waste of time, stress and
effort that costs them nothing. actually it happened twice this year,
with a combined result: one company, i would call malicious and
acting in bad faith, and the other just plain useless. and there's
another one rolled in recently, a refund for something small that
simply wasn't in the order for the day the work was done. some
bright spark decided not to put two in because he thought it was
a double order so i had to pay full local price, and then
they forgot to refund me, and i get the email three months later,
saying they've paid money into my account, except it hasn't
appeared. so i ask the girl, look could you put this explicitly in
writing so i know what you're talking about, specifically, and then
get a one line email that effectively says nothing remotely binding
at all. so i still have to get back to them and say well, that's hardly
what i asked you for, is it? she still had the cheek to send me the
appraisal questionnaire, what did you think of my performance...
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cake100 View Post
If it meant getting my favorite percale sheets? I'd fly to wherever to buy a set...
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I've had nothing but bad experiences with FedEx in the same fashion. They delivered a box of Yamaha (Dx200, An200, Su200) to the wrong house. Fortunately, I had honest neighbors, who after opening it by mistake, left it on my stoop. They also claimed they were unable to deliver a computer as I was not there. I was, and had specifically taken the day off of work to be home to accept delivery. The driver either couldn't find my address, or couldn't be arsed to finish his deliveries. Somebody, or several somebodies, at FedEx now sports a second ahole due to my scathing phone call over that matter. Their pick up office is incredibly inconveniently located on an island with exactly one entrance/egress to said island (although its technically no longer an island.) I now avoid FedEx like the plague.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad machinery View Post
i eventually got my sh-101. It wasn't stolen. I wish i could change thread title, but i was $^%$&^ beside myself when i posted.

Oops. Diddlydoo
he IS real you guys!!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
All I know is what you have told us.

You need to practice being a more careful reader. I never did any such thing.

And I object to changing the "I would avoid DHL bit". Even though nothing was "stolen", I WOULD STILL AVOID DHL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Ocelot View Post
You have to wonder:

If a not-so-nice courier employee were theoretially to erm... liberate a package and have an airtight paper trail (showing the reciever accepted and signed for the item) this is probably how it would go down, right smack in the middle of the busiest time of year. It's only because the OP kept pushing the issue did anything get resolved.

Thank you. This is exactly what I suspected. If I were a courier looking to steal an expensive item, I would look at an expensive customs declaration, mark something as delivered, then "misplace" the item for a while, to see if anyone complained. You are also correct in that nothing was done about this until I complained.

Last edited by Bad Machinery; 5 days ago at 08:29 PM..
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cake100 View Post
DHL Express International, shipped from India to the USA. I expect they were some of those high thread-count jobbies! Of course, they were delivered at least five days late, because DHL refused to come get them/drop off my package. So much for "Express".

True story: the night of the missed delivery, we CALLED the sheet people (their number appeared on bedsheet package.) They told us they had refused delivery of my package, which is only reason we knew that DHL still had it. Thanks for the info, guys, right?

Well, three days later, we're getting multiple phone calls from those same homeowners (both husband and wife call) THEY WANT US TO DELIVER THEIR PACKAGE TO THEM--DHL takes too long they say! And since I sympathized, I was going to do it, too. Of course, DHL forbids us from doing so. It turns out that would be a security risk (you can't make this up.)
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylonpanic View Post
bedsheets
glad you got your 101, i'd have a sense of humour failure pretty fast as well.

thing is - and i've had a very bad experience with this this year -
faced with faceless corporate telephone people who don't really
give a damn about service, and send you their appraisal form
afterwards.
(edited quote for compactness.)

Yeh that damned appraisal form! Insult to injury! Questions that are mostly in their favour, I check the "total rubbish" replies until there is a text box, no matter what the question is, I get critical there.

Just a brief point, not all phone-in lines are hard work and frustrating, I know of a few where the people at the end are really switched on. They give me the answers I need fast and with accuracy, if I'm puzzled I tell them and they usually help out. These have all been from one type of business, nothing to do with music or logistics.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search