The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Arturia announces...a new synth? A new VST? A new what? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict
Arturia announces...a new synth? A new VST? A new what?

Anyone have any idea what Arturia has planned for December 11th?

Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut
Wow maybe it’s beatstep pro in ocean breeze colour everyone wanted so much
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

An acoustic guitar?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Looks like a VI synth
Attached Thumbnails
Arturia announces...a new synth? A new VST? A new what?-screen-shot-2018-12-06-10.08.56-am.jpg  
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthonymusic View Post
Looks like a VI synth
Wow, good catch. I totally missed that. But if it’s just a new VI synth, then what’s with the for the past 20 years thing? So it’s a new Arturia original VI synth? That’s more anti-climactic than I want it to be.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head
My guess is FX plugs - like FabFilter style
Old 4 days ago
M32
Lives for gear
A VI with wavetables, wavesfolding and phasemodulation distortion.

Unless this has a great, unique sound, or is significantly cheaper than the ones already out there (which i doubt) a big Meh.

I've been thinking i haven't got anything wavetable in my sound-arsenal, but i'm not very familliar with how it sounds or what it can do. I know the typical dubstep sounds, but that doesn't really entice me.
Does someone have examples of music where wavetables are being used that isn't overtly Techno, Minimal or EDM- oriented?

I know Waldorf have been making wavetablesynths for years, but i don't have any characteristic sounds to associated with them, like a minimoog, oberheim or prophet. Anyone care to enlighten me?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffybox View Post
what’s with the for the past 20 years thing?
Maybe they're packing 20 years of synths into one VI, but it's probably standard marketing fluff to call attention to the "legacy" of the brand, blah blah blah.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Rumoured to be wavetable synth, possibly a Waldorf PPG.
Old 4 days ago
It's the new Drumbrute: "Annihilation" (same product just with red graphics).
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

the video says it will give tips on what the synth is , the video begins with

1. a wave !!!! - obviously the PPG WAVE

Then

2. a splash of colour. - signally the release ? signallig lots of colour (all the wavetable choices) ??

I quote "Arturia announced that it will be introducing a new something new on Dec 11.

They have not shared any details, only a teaser video. If you watch closely, though, you may get some hints about the new synth’s capabilities. "

Based on my research and that arturia copy classic synths for their collection -

I will say this is the mighty Waldolf PPG - probably with all classic ppg versions and perhaps a arturia special vs.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I think Roland has forever ruined the Countdown Clock thing announcing and revealing a new product.
It creates wild speculation and sets people up to be disappointed and winds up being one big FAIL in my opinion...just announce the dang thing and then do what Yamaha did so brilliantly with the Yamaha MODX.
Get it out to reviewers so you can have YT videos ready to go and have it in retailers hands within a week or two.
Everyone's happy!!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
A reminder if you want to examine the video directly, that when paused youtube lets you frame advance with . and frame uh.. retreat.. with ,
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

They've acquired both Roland and Korg....
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
just announce the dang thing and then do what Yamaha did so brilliantly with the Yamaha MODX.
They learned after being soundly skewered over the Reface campaign.

Since it's just after Black Friday sales, it's probably a new edition to Collection. Maybe not v7, but just a new synth to add on for a small fee.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict
I guess I'm trying to manifest an end of the year shocker but I doubt there's a December Surprise in the works. I think the good stuff is probably on hold until NAMM...or the week before when some manufacturer could really shake things up by announcing a big product outside of NAMM. The Waldorf PPG is, yeah, kind of a big meh for me, too. The last thing I need at this point is a new soft synth. And I agree, seamonkey, Yamaha's roll out of the MODX was perfection. I need to see if I can get any of the down low from my SW rep.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

PolyMatrixBrute !
32 voices.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
BrickStep Amateur
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

It's just a few days before Xmas, so I think it's probably going to be software, so they can start selling it immediately.

I doubt it's going to be any kind of hardware: unless they managed to distribute it silently in the past few weeks, only a few store would have the item avaible before Xmas (unless it's something big/expensive, so it makes sense for musicians to change their plans and spend/save their Xmas/NAMM budget for it)... In my opinion, it's way more likely it's going to be software (but I wouldn't mind bein wrong).
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M32 View Post

I know Waldorf have been making wavetablesynths for years, but i don't have any characteristic sounds to associated with them, like a minimoog, oberheim or prophet. Anyone care to enlighten me?
The only famous example I 100% know for sure is the PSB - West End Girls bassline was the PPG Wave(I think lol). I'd like to know some more examples too...
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutantt View Post
PolyMatrixBrute !
32 voices.
I would even take a PolyMatrixBrute with 8 voices..
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

It's something new, in the sense that it is actually a synth designed by Arturia. It's a wavetable synth, with PD/PM and WS/WF. Which is pretty cool, if you ask me.

Also, Waldorf and PPG are different synth companies. Waldorf has a VST emulation of the PPG wave, but the PPG Wave was a synth long before Waldorf was founded.
Old 4 days ago
I like the pigments in the video
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmixer View Post
The only famous example I 100% know for sure is the PSB - West End Girls bassline was the PPG Wave(I think lol). I'd like to know some more examples too...
west end girls is not wave line - its a fairlight and i think moog mix. the farilight bass is within the arturia vs - its a preset - gives it the punchy bit
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

in sos they said the ppg by waldorf was really close - they gave great praise.

having used it i find its got a kind of dull tint to it , i love the ppg and like what they did but it does feel a bit of photo of the real thing. if arturia do a better vs i would like that , but would feel v sorry for waldorf , its their best synth they have made and these days they are making the quantum and blofield and ive heard no word on a reissue , someone else might remake it and thats a tough one.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscent View Post
west end girls is not wave line - its a fairlight and i think moog mix. the farilight bass is within the arturia vs - its a preset - gives it the punchy bit
Well I knew something was 100% about my info, 100% wrong.

Wtf did the PPG appear on, my guess is maybe Depeche Mode then.

BTW I thought the strings on PSB - WEG was fair light but bass was ppg, so I stand corrected.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

They've fixed Korg's Prologue tuning problem for them coz Korg suck?

Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Christmas and French .. that must be something with foie gras decorated with colorful flowers
logical would also be a "le minimoog" or "le troizerotroi"
Old 4 days ago
Kja
Lives for gear
I think it's gonna be a sampler pad thing. I guess it's time...
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

dos this come with a free yellow jacket?if it does count me in
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search