The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Transposing sequence and controller vs synth arpeggiator Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Transposing sequence and controller vs synth arpeggiator

Hi guys.
I would like to transposing the sequenced pattern by keyboard notes. I tried to do it in Ableton live and I could find info on YouTube, but it is not that easy. Not too complicated either it needs some midi learning (mapping) procedure which is not more than a couple of seconds but still I was hoping it is much easier like a default feature. I found the Arturia Keystep as it could do that if I am correct. My question is are there any other midi keyboard with this function?

The Keystep has an arpeggiator function as well and I was wondering is there any pros and cons of using the midi keyboards arp versus the synths built in arp. Or is it just the same midi signal mapping what it does either way…

Thanks.

EDIT: I went on a bit in the topic and find out that the Keystep cannot do real time sequencing which is less cool. So I am looking for now even a vst or a synth, anything which
- can sequence in real time
- can be transposed in real via keyboard note

I found Monologue can do everything BUT unfortunately as I read it is not working properly when you use it with external midi clock (in slave mode).
So anybody?
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search