The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best sounding club tracks today and all time Ribbon Microphones
Old 3 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
Thank you Sir. I’ve searched for songs with this vibe and never quite found what I was looking for. I always searched under “Deep House”. Guess I was wrong.
Maybe try all the A Guy Called Gerald solo stuff too. He was in 808 State before they all fell out. He’s pretty great.
Old 2 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apiento View Post
Maybe try all the A Guy Called Gerald solo stuff too. He was in 808 State before they all fell out. He’s pretty great.
I would also focus specifically on late-80's Detroit techno, and stuff by the Belmont Three (Kevin Saunderson, Derrik May, and Juan Atkins; JA basically invented that brand of synth-heavy melodic techno, which all the UK folks were heavily influenced by)
Old 2 hours ago
Lives for gear

Old 2 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ruff View Post
I would also focus specifically on late-80's Detroit techno, and stuff by the Belmont Three (Kevin Saunderson, Derrik May, and Juan Atkins; JA basically invented that brand of synth-heavy melodic techno, which all the UK folks were heavily influenced by)
I second a healthy dose of Model 500 (Juan Atkins).
Old 2 hours ago
Here for the gear

This, especially the drop at 1:59 for old school stuff.

YouTube

This if you want tear the roof off.

Speedy J - Punnik - YouTube

and obviously anything that involves Ian Tregoning
Old 2 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
I’m really digging this song. Is there a specific genre or name for electronic music that sounds like this?

I want to find more songs that have this kind of sound and feel. Such a great vibe.
I'd say 808 state were more Techno than house, but it would be nitpicking, these guys were amongst the first wave of British artists to adopt the USA Techno/House sound along with Guru Josh - Infinity, Adamski - Live & Direct, Orbital - Chime, A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray, Baby Ford, most was a Housey take on acid/techno. Another big 89 tune from the UK was Richie Rich - Salsa House, which was more Deep House and Quartz - Meltdown, another classic 89. Actually UK put out quite a lot that year, I've missed more I know.
Old 1 hour ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by trick fall View Post
Always thought this sounded amazing on a good system.

beat me to it. how those chime tones resonated in a big room; massive!
Old 46 minutes ago
I have seen some great suggestions (Francois Kevorkian and Hardfloor amongst others) in this thread already. Here are a few classics that sound awesome on PA:

Old 10 minutes ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
No disrepect, but if you are looking for bass:

LFO - LFO. A timeless masterpiece.
(The sub kicks in at 0.52)

Was going to mention this myself

A few serious bass frequencies, besides the sub

Everytime i've moved speakers around over the last 25 years it's the first record I pull out. It's how I know my studio is unfit for purpose at the moment, despite a lot of acoustic treatment.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search