The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Controlling Ableton lives's X and Y pad with a Korg KP3 Desktop Synthesizers
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear
Controlling Ableton lives's X and Y pad with a Korg KP3

So I have combed the internet and originally I couple years ago I just hooked up my kp3 via usb and it was already auto map to the X and Y pad at whatever vst I was using at the time. Recently I had installed the sound editor, updated my drivers and brought the updater to version_104. I went into the sound editor and hit shift [8] on the KP3 to clicked the tab to bring it into EXT. CTRL. My midi tracked is armed and in live and so far I cannot get it move or control the X and Y pad, however it seems only with Arturia's vsts that I can get knob movement of the parameters of the soft synth I have selected which also has midi learn. T. Through midi lear I can configure the knobs to any CC#70-92 I think. It works to mapping the midi parameters to touching the kp3 but its a little sketchy and don't get a smooth as control or get to pick up right how I'm trying to translate my motions in the kp3 to smooth knob movement or parameter changing. I just don't understand why or how the hell I can do that but not be able to configure the X and Y pad to the kp3. I do have all my tabs turned on in Lives midi preferences section. I can see very little midi signal coming through but I'm not sure where to go from here since for instances I can get any knob to move in my access virus ti but if I touch numbers 1-8 on the pad it will change the synth patch I have selected.
Im not look to have abeltons midi be controlled by the kp3 alone like I said just be happy to get it connected right to the X and Y pad again. Im not looking to do what that guy does in that one youtube video where he makes his a midi controller with 8 faders or whatever he did thanks again for your time and patience cheers. Sorry about the indents I swear I keep putting them in and going back not seeing I don't know whats going on haha.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search