The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
13x13 room.. roughly. Upgrading speakers.. Studio Monitors
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

13x13 room.. roughly. Upgrading speakers..

Been wanting to upgrade my "monitors" for a while.. Can't use a sub due to being in an apartment.

Was wanting more bass response, as much as I can get for my current situation. I currently have some av42s anddd... Needless to say they don't really translate well from my m40x's and overall the sound quality isn't up to par for what I want. Was wanting more bass response and over all better monitors.. Was looking at the HS7's or the HS8's..

Would this be a reasonable upgrade for the size of my room and or just good speakers? Other suggestions would be appreciated.

I'll be acoustic treating and bass trapping here soon.

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Perhaps check out Fluid Audio FX8. They extend down low pretty well, and cannot be beat for the price. I'm looking at upgrading my Equator D5mk2 with them, since Equator is no more. They don't have onboard EQ unfortunately, but I absolutely recommend using Sonarworks for room correction.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It is pretty widely accepted now that smaller monitors + a sub are easier to place than a couple of bigger monitors in small rooms, especially as your room is square which is far from ideal. If you think about it you only need to find the sweet spot for one woofer (the sub) rather than two. Also the position of bigger monitors that gives the most even bass response might not be the place that gives the best stereo imaging.

My room is 11' x 11' and I use a pair of monitors with 5" drivers with a sub and I have got a really good frequency response for such a difficult sized/shaped room.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuntManne View Post
Been wanting to upgrade my "monitors" for a while.. Can't use a sub due to being in an apartment.

Was wanting more bass response, as much as I can get
Google Subpac, they work with monitors too.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I wouldn't discount a sub. I have an isolation platform, high density foam with an MDF board and nothing transmits to the floor.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search