The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MPC Live Sampling Chopping - Save Chops Issue
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

MPC Live Sampling Chopping - Save Chops Issue

Sruggling here with sampling and chopping. I’ve watched and read a lot of stuff but this step is missing. I get my sample in and I chop it manually or however. Everything is cut trimmed and good. But then when I go back to the main track page to use the pads only pad 1 works and it only plays the whole recorded sample. Not the chopped up parts that show 1-2-3-4-5 etc. why?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap217 View Post
Sruggling here with sampling and chopping. I’ve watched and read a lot of stuff but this step is missing. I get my sample in and I chop it manually or however. Everything is cut trimmed and good. But then when I go back to the main track page to use the pads only pad 1 works and it only plays the whole recorded sample. Not the chopped up parts that show 1-2-3-4-5 etc. why?
there's a field on the SAMPLES page called "slice". right now its probably set to PAD or ALL. change that to the slice number you'd like to use on that pad.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

i should also add that if you want Live to build a new program for you automatically, in SAMPLE EDIT, press SHIFT, and hit CONVERT. choose "new drum program using slices".
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xparis001 View Post
i should also add that if you want Live to build a new program for you automatically, in SAMPLE EDIT, press SHIFT, and hit CONVERT. choose "new drum program using slices".
I think this is what I need to do. I saw something like this before but couldn’t find the actual directions on how to do it. hope this work.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search