The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
November 2018 new gear thread Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

November 2018 new gear thread

Couldn't deal with the old sticky knobs on my MWXT everytime I would touch the knobs it would leave a crappy/sticky residue on my fingers.
I can't stand dirty hands or anything sticky on them so I finally found some replacements & now my shadow is fully pimped!!

Also some other utility items... A couple of 2 TB HD's and another 24/io..
They may not be the latest & greatest but they do the job & a great deal as well!

Last edited by NEXUS-6; 2 weeks ago at 09:02 PM.. Reason: spellinz
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Heard a little rattling inside the innards of my latest acquisition, which arrived in the mail today...so I opened it up and snapped this photo. Fortunately it was just a little piece of glue.

Time to hook this fella up!

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEXUS-6 View Post
Couldn't deal with the old sticky knobs on my MWXT everytime I would touch the knobs it would leave a crappy/sticky residue on my fingers.
I can't stand dirty hands or anything sticky on them so I finally found some replacements & now my shadow is fully pimped!!

Also some other utility items... A couple of 2 TB HD's and another 24/io..
They may not be the latest & greatest but they do the job & a great deal as well!

]
If I may ask, how do you like that Korg AM8000R unit? I'm thinking of getting one. Demos on YT were kinda sparse...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I really like it, so much so that I have two of them. Great under the radar unit fairly inexpensive as well.
Old 2 weeks ago
Ended up getting an Moog MF-101 before they run out, fits in nicely already.

More fun than I thought, working on a new track now using my TTSH Attack / Release envelopes in this photo to modulate the cutoff and mix of the MF-101 and the amount on the MF-103 via the CP-251 multiples. .
Attached Thumbnails
November 2018 new gear thread-mf101.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I never post in the "new gear threads" but this is the first time I bought something I think is worth to mention because it is a magic box.
Also found it at less than half the new price (second hand) which is a fantastic value.

MERIS POLYMOON - ambient heaven

P.S. I'm not a guitar player but I love magic delay pedals from Meris, Chase Bliss, Empress, Source audio and others
Old 2 weeks ago
Some video game sound emulation VSTs, 8 and 16 bit.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by earwolf View Post
My guess:

Dominion 1, Telemark, Leipzig?

Last edited by flat earth; 2 weeks ago at 05:01 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hot Pizza sounds good.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Electric cooking plate?
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEXUS-6 View Post
I can't stand dirty hands or anything sticky on them so I finally found some replacements & now my shadow is fully pimped!
congratulations, those are rev2 Q knobs

i switched my aging XT knobs to these a long time ago, and prefer the translucent look, as well as their feel.

im still hoping, just like XT and Q did before, that one day a bright coloured special edition of Quantum comes out, red or yellow or something like that, and then i would put these knobs on it again , that is if the shaft remained the same (D-Shaft).
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

strangely enough I ended up selling my original prophet, but I enjoy this one much more. sounds great, lots of modulation options. got it new under $1350

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

This Month's haul of new toys...

Mr. Black Downward Spiral, ESP Vampire Bio Tech, Source Audio Ventris , Meeblip Triode v2, Elta Music Polivoks, Emma Discumbobulator, Future Retro XS, Hologram Infinite Jets, Radikal Technologies Accelerator, Vox Continental 61.

Needless to say, you won't be seeing much of me for awhile...

Attached Thumbnails
November 2018 new gear thread-mr-black-downward.jpg   November 2018 new gear thread-esp-ec-vampire-bio-tech-limited-edition.jpg   November 2018 new gear thread-ventris.jpg   November 2018 new gear thread-triode.jpg   November 2018 new gear thread-elta_polivoks-2_001.jpg  

November 2018 new gear thread-discom-v2.jpg   November 2018 new gear thread-xs.jpg   November 2018 new gear thread-infi-jets.jpg   November 2018 new gear thread-radikalacc.jpg   November 2018 new gear thread-vox-continental-61.jpg  

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I haven't bought a fixed-architecture synth in ages, especially a ROMpler, but I found this at a pawn shop $450 and had to put it on layaway.

If it sucks, I can make a mondo profit on it. Hopefully it'll sound less like my Fantom G and more like a Fantom XR, in which case, I'm thinking of pairing this with the Virus TI2 and an MPC1000 to make a little preset-based micro studio.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I haven't bought a fixed-architecture synth in ages, especially a ROMpler, but I found this at a pawn shop $450 and had to put it on layaway.
Stellar price on that mate!
Old 2 weeks ago
PES
Lives for gear

Wow, that’s a steal. I’ve considered those for more than that.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage View Post
Stellar price on that mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PES View Post
Wow, that’s a steal. I’ve considered those for more than that.
I know, right? I'd been looking at them in the past, but the lowest I could find was still a grand, so a bit out of my immediate budget/needs. It's just dumb luck that I stumbled on this and that nobody else was interested in it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I know, right? I'd been looking at them in the past, but the lowest I could find was still a grand, so a bit out of my immediate budget/needs. It's just dumb luck that I stumbled on this and that nobody else was interested in it.
At that price it would be years before I'd let it go if ever? I'm very happy for you Derp.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:

If it sucks, I can make a mondo profit on it. Hopefully it'll sound less like my Fantom G and more like a Fantom XR, in which case, I'm thinking of pairing this with the Virus TI2 and an MPC1000 to make a little preset-based micro studio.
In the same vein as that, I ran across a fully working Novation Ultranova (with some minor, but odd damage) on a pawn brokers website a few days ago for $107 (USD), which was far too good a price for me to ignore.

It has done nothing to change my mind about hardware digital synths, but it is ok as a keyboard controller and should I decide to sell it I would be able to get much more than what I paid.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I just bought something.....I’m hoping to buy something else this month, too.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamesAreAPain View Post
In the same vein as that, I ran across a fully working Novation Ultranova (with some minor, but odd damage) on a pawn brokers website a few days ago for $107 (USD), which was far too good a price for me to ignore.

It has done nothing to change my mind about hardware digital synths, but it is ok as a keyboard controller and should I decide to sell it I would be able to get much more than what I paid.
I'm jelly. That's one that's been tickling my gas lately for some reason. I miss having the Novation VA sound, and though Ultranova looks like a chore to program, its functionality is tempting.
Old 2 weeks ago
ORIGIN EFFECTS Cali 76 ( compact Bass )

Thanks to a bass player friend of mine ; i tried it on Bass Guitar ; bought it some days after . Already tested it live for a Techno / Acid live P.A last month ( insert on the kick Channel of the Mackie 1402 ) ; AWESOME . Producing since 10 days with it attached to a 303 !!! This pedal is an 1176 class A comp ; with a Dry / wet and a sidechain ( HPF ) . Build like a tank ; like they say . Added an 18 v DC outlet for more headroom. .Again ; it s awesome rock out

PEACE

MORDICUS
Attached Thumbnails
November 2018 new gear thread-46b1272d-b0d7-4f2f-a579-0ca664049f20.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Clue:

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
clue:
it's an electric blanket!!!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
it's an electric blanket!!!
Dangit. Thought this might take longer to decipher.
Old 1 week ago
Oscine tract, EtherealWind's Harp, and Zither plugins.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

SP-12
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Clue:
Camping gear?
Old 1 week ago
Got Rhythmus, Ocet and other plugins.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search