The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
korg asking if we want a mono/poly remake
Old 19th October 2018
mp3
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataumplane View Post
Not sure if they’ll be able to nail the sound without the SSM filter chips... the VCOs could be covered with a discrete design or use the 3340 reissue, but the filters haven’t really been replicated outside of euro.
SSI2144

Home | Sound Semiconductor
Old 19th October 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
Didn't Uli ask the same question about a year ago?
Yeah. I think that Korg should step back from the re-make business and instead focus on making their modern offerings more capable. Let Uli pick that carcass so Korg can make a Prologue that has a less meager complement of modulation options... and that tunes.
Old 19th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
Yeah. I think that Korg should step back from the re-make business and instead focus on making their modern offerings more capable. Let Uli pick that carcass so Korg can make a Prologue that has a less meager complement of modulation options... and that tunes.
A KORG by KORG is like a MOOG by MOOG just right...

I hope KORG keep making the olden ones...

Old 19th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by iksrazal View Post
Lets see ... for starters my costs in 2015 (roughly), PCB's and things from the humancomparator $520 (sort of mass produced) , mouser BOM $450, Thonk rare parts $150.

Things like a road case, dual spring reverb tank (dual outputs even though its a mono synth), dual speakers and the sheer size of the thing adds up too. Would hate to transport this thing without a case, what would it fit into? Maybe the original box for as long as that lasted.

Here's mine thru the speakers and recorded with a Zoom Q8 external mics, can't get more pure of a sound than that! Trying to get a demo via my lunchboxes, foogers and API 5500 to my ME for a new youtube video in the next day or so.

Before I forget, what I really want reissued from Korg is an MS50! Combined with a MS20M that gets you somewhat into 2600 territory.

Going for a Black Sabbath style down tuned bass here with the spring reverb patched in, not going to be everyone's cup of tea ymmv. The ringmod comes in and out as synced from the VCO 1 square wave. Otherwise a simple patch ... will take me a lifetime to fully grasp this synth.

What do any of these numbers have to do with “mass made?”
Old 19th October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
What do any of these numbers have to do with “mass made?”
Since you asked, the human comparator built PCB's and metal face plates etc for I am guessing close to 1500 units over 5 years and 3 revs. The first step of building a TTSH is ordering his kit.

(IIRC there were 3 batches of 500) . .

So more than the total run of the MS20M kit - I think 1000?

The parts list is a separate BOM, sure, though I guess I see mass produced as including PCB's and face plates.
Old 20th October 2018
Lives for gear

I would prefer a slightly modern version of it but it looking the same.
Old 21st October 2018
Gear Maniac

We (ok I) want a new analog stinger, with divide-down technology, there is none on the market, and so much mono & poly synths..
Old 21st October 2018
Mono/Poly, the only synth I really regret selling....... That an the 101.....and the Juno.....MicroWave XT.......and......
Old 21st October 2018
I’m sick of seeing nostalgia over features and modern workflow.

I’d rather Korg make something new that takes advantage of their newer tech:

- FPGA VA
- advanced physical modeling.
- cat6 network compatibility; soundgrid would be amazing.
- a multitrack version of the wavedrum with sequencing and multi outs.
- nutube
- an update to their zero series production mixers
- a new Kaoss pad with pro I/o.
- a new electribe that doesn’t suck.
Old 21st October 2018
Lives for gear

what is the advanced physical modeling?
Old 21st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice187 View Post
what is the advanced physical modeling?
Mainly the ability to precisely model acoustic instruments/systems. Then modify things, go to strange places parameter wise, mix with other (more familiar) synthesis methods and you have quite exciting synthesis that can go new places.
Old 22nd October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
Mainly the ability to precisely model acoustic instruments/systems. Then modify things, go to strange places parameter wise, mix with other (more familiar) synthesis methods and you have quite exciting synthesis that can go new places.

I would love to see a Yamaha VP1 remake (but this time with all parameters editable from the device)

Only 4 were ever made. The original by the designers and 3 to be sold.....or so I have heard.

VL synthesis needs a revisit.
Old 22nd October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
I would love to see a Yamaha VP1 remake (but this time with all parameters editable from the device)

Only 4 were ever made. The original by the designers and 3 to be sold.....or so I have heard.

VL synthesis needs a revisit.
Shouldn't this be on the Yamaha suggestions thread?
Old 22nd October 2018
Gear Addict

Would like it as a module. Am borrowing a mono/poly at the mo and it's so huge and heavy it has its own gravitational field in my studio
Old 22nd October 2018
Old 4th December 2018
Deleted 41eb90e
Great sound the Mony/Poly has.
I really like the old Korg stuff from the 70s, especially (in my mind) the best synth of all, the 800DV Maxi-Korg. But somehow I would better like if Behringer gave the old Korg gear a new life. Maybe it's the feeling that they would make it better and cheaper?
And I fear Korg will continue to supply the world with tiny stuff.
Of course I would like to buy a Mono/Poly as a 2U rack version, or an MS50, SQ10, MS20m, VC-10, DV800, Polysix, Lambda, Sigma, PE-1000, 900PS etc. for a reasonable price.
ARP, yeah, but don't forget something like the special ARP Pro Soloist. Give all that devices finally a rebirth! And never forget: many devices need effects to impress.

Roland is out. They don't get it. They built great devices in the 70s and 80s. Above all, the fantastic, neglected RS-505 string synth. My hope rests on Behringer.
What will Korg do? People want their vintage synths, YES! But make it affordable, update it with some modern functions, don't reduce the original seize, if not necessary, and you will have success. I want new AND old stuff.
But Korg, if you read this, please, give us the fantastic 800DV again. THIS was a sound monster!!!
Maybe this needs an extra thread
Old 4th December 2018
Lives for gear

No, but I do want a Wavedrum with USB and an editor
Old 4th December 2018
Lives for gear

Came out of lurking just to chime in: Hell yes we do.
Old 4th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Not another analog synth, fix the magnificent Prologue first
Old 4th December 2018
Gear Head

I've had 2 Monopoly's in the past and loved both of them...but still sold both which I kind of regret.

While I do have a number of Korg products and love them, I still liked the idea of how the MP was designed. This got me thinking a bit about how the Oberheim 4 voice was designed as well...which led me down a path thinking about the Monolouge.

How cool would it be to have 4 (or more) Monolouges in one system, yet having the same various voice structures that the Minilouge supports, so with a flip of a master switch you could stack all voices in unison, or poly, chord mode, etc...BUT unlike the Minilogue front panel, you would have full set of parameters for each voice board (like the current Monologue has including the seq/arp, patch memory, etc...) but 4 of them to tweak independently in real time.

So this setup would look like the OB 4 Voice using 4 SEMs in a single unit all controlled by one keyboard but instead of the SEMs you would have 4 Monologues, each one with all pots,switches, seq/arps, program memories, etc...

I would love to see something more like this than the original MP to be honest.

What do you all think?
Old 8th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiBabi View Post
I’m sick of seeing nostalgia over features and modern workflow.

I’d rather Korg make something new that takes advantage of their newer tech:

- FPGA VA
- advanced physical modeling.
- cat6 network compatibility; soundgrid would be amazing.
- a multitrack version of the wavedrum with sequencing and multi outs.
- nutube
- an update to their zero series production mixers
- a new Kaoss pad with pro I/o.
- a new electribe that doesn’t suck.
Wavedrum with USB port and a software editor so we can actually edit the sounds would be great.

But none of this will happen because Korg don't have what it takes anymore. The company is a shadow of its former self and hardly anything they have made in recent years outside the Kronos is much more than a toy. Volca mixer...
Old 15th January 2019
Gear Addict

Off topic but didn't wanna start a new thread for this... But I'm about to buy a monopoly for 1700 bux. . That's a fair price these days right? It has new walnut wood though(by synthwoods), it looks nice but I'm kinda wondering if not having the original wood would actually devalue it some. Looks to be in great condition. Will probably by it either way just want someone to tell me that's a good price hah.
Old 16th January 2019
Lives for gear

It seems like it’s on the high end of normal these days (I haven’t paid attention)

I was seeing them a lot for $1400ish in NYC.

To be safe, I would check EBay sold auctions as a reference.
Old 16th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Luc Cougar View Post
It seems like it’s on the high end of normal these days (I haven’t paid attention)

I was seeing them a lot for $1400ish in NYC.

To be safe, I would check EBay sold auctions as a reference.
I ended up just ordering it aha. I could probably have got one cheaper if I waited, but have already been waiting for a good condition monopoly to pop up for a while now and didn't wanna wait any longer haha. And also dude made a couple thourough videos going thru all the parameters so I know everything works on it. Pretty stoked, even though I might have overpaid
Old 18th August 2019
Lives for gear

Necro. Thread. Time.

So Korg, whatever happened to this?

Don't go asking if we want a M/P reissue, go radio silent and then release another Minilogue iteration and pretend you never asked the question!
Old 19th August 2019
Lives for gear

Yeah I was pretty excited for this.
Between this and expressing lack of interest in doing a 2600 I just think Korg isn't really doing it for me.
They go to all the trouble to secure the Arp name, to only make one synth. Bonkers.
The MS-20 Mini is great, it's a shame they didn't keep going down that road.
Old 19th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiBabi View Post
The iPad app is soo good, I’d feel underwhelmed if they didn’t add all those cool features.

But yes. The answer is a conditional yes.
Is it up to date? iPolysix seems completely forgotten and the SC integration didn’t work last time I checked.
Old 19th August 2019
Korg should have already reissued the mono/poly and polysix. They still have time, don't see these on Behringer's list yet..
Old 19th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids View Post
Between this and expressing lack of interest in doing a 2600 I just think Korg isn't really doing it for me.
They go to all the trouble to secure the Arp name, to only make one synth. Bonkers.
exactly ...what are they thinking?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

How about a Volca Mono/poly ?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search