The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
NAMM 2019 - Your Predictions, Rumors and Desires... Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 14th October 2018
Lives for gear

NAMM 2019 - Your Predictions, Rumors and Desires...

Winter NAMM 2019... January 24-27...

Your Predictions, Rumors and Desires...?

In the interest of saving the forum from multiple threads, please feel free to post and discuss the smaller NAMM leaks and announcements that may not really justify a whole new thread, before, during and after NAMM closes...

If you do find a new product worthy of a new thread, please check using search to ensure it has not already been posted...

Old 14th October 2018
Lives for gear
Choo-choo! All aboard the NAMM train!
Old 14th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
Choo-choo! All aboard the NAMM train!
That's the spirit...

Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

- A fully-integrated sampler with analogue and/or Morpheus-style digital filters from Rossum Electro-Music
- A polyphonic VCO analogue synthesizer module from Tom Oberheim et al
- An analogue VCO monosynth from Sequential
- Another ARP reissue from Korg
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

Classic SonicBern....
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice187 View Post
Classic SonicBern....
I am vintage, and my oscillators can detune and than what...

Phase lock free...
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern View Post
Winter NAMM 2019... January 24-27...

Your Predictions, Rumors and Desires...?
I predict that my Waldorf Quantum pre-order will not have yet been shipped

Definitely a prediction that I hope to be proven wrong on.
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

I predict that this thread will reach hundreds of posts, contain dozens of arguments and tons of disappointment and bitching when NAMM actually happens

Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSpaceChild View Post
I predict that my Waldorf Quantum pre-order will not have yet been shipped

Definitely a prediction that I hope to be proven wrong on.
Your Quantum will be on display in a glass case. Look don't touch.

We had one for you but decided you would be ok with it sitting in a music store in New Zealand.

Old 15th October 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
Your Quantum will be on display in a glass case. Look don't touch.

We had one for you but decided you would be ok with it sitting in a music store in New Zealand.

they could also announce it will be out officially in a few weeks
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear
I predict:

- The new Sequential will be unveiled
- Young Brashears will have hooked up with Tom Oberheim to endorse the Relic-8, but won't be at the show
- Uli will release some disruption videos during NAMM: maybe UB-Xa tease or Jupiter-8/Memorymoog tease [Maelstrom FX will be unveiled in December already]
- Moog won't be there but will rent a house nearby again, letting people play with Moog One, Grandmother, and get their beard oiled or hair braided for free
- Yamaha will just be showing Montage/MODX and maybe they'll have a new digital oboe or interactive Miku hologram or something
- Korg are rumoured to have a Prologue 16 rack, but it turns out to be a joke and instead show the new Volca Cowbell.. and all the Waldorf stuff like Quantum that has "just started shipping in the US", STVC "maybe May" and a new STVC module
- Roland won't have anything new and will wait for 303 day
- Access won't have a Virus TI3
- Alesis will have nothing, but it's found out they are the main manufacturer of synthesizer fridge magnets
- Akai will have a few effects pedals
- Black Corporation will be showing Kijimi in a much more stable state and Xerxes prototypes and will announce a Voyetra inspired synth called Nozokimi
- Arturia will have the keystep pro that Nick Batt has been beta testing in secret for the past 2 years, along with a giant PolyMatrix prototype
- Nord will have nothing new
- Casio will have a new $139 keytar
- Elektron will be showing off overbridge
- Novation will have a Peak keyboard version, and will have managed to make rack ears for the original
- SOMA Labs will have a new synth that you swallow, and when it comes out the other end you have a 20 hour ambient drone on internal flash storage
- Studiologic will have a Sledge rack

There will be a few things from modular companies in ca.us but most of them will wait for Superbooth
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

Roland is finally going to release their full analog poly tribute to the Jupiter 8...

I kid, I kid.

I do look forward to the semi-annual quenching of my thirst for tears from all the diehard Roland believers though.

On a more serious note, I am curious what Sequential is going to do... not that I'm in the market. I think the only thing on my wishlist at the moment is some controllers and some Buchla.
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

Desire would be a machinedrum MKiii with new synthesis, fx and stereo hifi sampling.
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

Let's keep the 'NAMM 2019 Wish List', and 'NAMM 2019 Prediction' threads separate from the 'NAMM 2019 Leaks' threads.

My wish list hasn't changed for about 30 years, so no need to repeat it.
Old 15th October 2018
Gear Maniac

NAMM 2019 thread... finally? Shouldn't it had to be started back in January?
anyway, I expect nothing valuable/interesting to me...
apart from Waldorf Kyra, probably Synthamster One hardware, and Deluge v2.1
Old 15th October 2018
Gear Addict

Now that the analog renaissance is in full swing, I would love to see some quality, reasonably priced "real" effects, like actual spring reverb, tube distortion, tape effects... I know there are some options available in various forms already, but they are all either really basic, or really expensive. Hopefully someone will "volca-ize" them

Prediction wise, I think Nick and Gaz will have a falling out and Gaz will leave Sonicstate to join Cuckoo and start a new channel called "Hair tips and synthesizer reviews with Gaz and 'koo
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

1) This thread is way too early

2) That said will Tascam or Zoom PLEASE make a multi-track recorder that has some form of sync options. MIDI out, MIDI in I don't care. I just want something my Cirklon can sync to and synchronize with every time, like the old FSK sync. I have limited analog synthesizers so I need some good synchronized overdub options. I would be fine with a newish up and coming company doing this too, someone with a more Teenage Engineering type sensibility. Otherwise I'm going to have to probably go the USAMO/DAW rout.
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

I'm not much for predictions. I like to be pleasantly surprised without much in the way of expectations. There are, however, a few things that seem nearly certain:
  • Waldorf will fully unveil the Kyra. It's anyone's guess whether it will actually be in production or shipping any time soon.
  • Roland and Yamaha will both be talking up something that is not aimed at the sorts that frequent this forum, making some people very upset.
  • Kurzweil will not have a K3000 to show, talk about, hint at, or otherwise suggest that they realize some of us have been waiting more than two decades for it.
  • There will be some very silly guitars with unusual numbers of necks, pickups, or strings. Has anyone done an electric guitar with no pickups yet?
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

Will 2019 be the year of the hardware sequencers? My guess is things are shaping up for it.

Though, it's not NAMM many of us are looking forward to. Superbooth is where it's at and has been for some years already.
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

Early rumors about Eventide HX ?
Merger of Moog and Waldorf ?
Yamaha's True Historical Reissue of CS series analogue synths ?

Full-fledge Pro Tools (96 ch realtime mixing + up to 256 of cloud computing and mastering) with Wi-Fi ultraspeed interface for Android smartphones? (ending era of large and cumbersome laptops in the pro studios)

First real robotic mixer with True Golden Ears of Top 100 mixing engineers of all times by startup of Peter Thiel and TLA/CLA.

Exciting times.
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

Digitana Halia please
Old 15th October 2018
Gear Head

I just want the Kyra at the 2k or under price point. I will be there with cash in hand.

Also looking forward to the next Elektron box, because you know that they will have one.
Old 15th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYang View Post
Merger of Moog and Waldorf ?
sounds unlikely - so far I remember that Waldorf has teamed with Korg to distribute its products in US
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

i just a rompler in a small desktop format with bread and butter sounds and multiple outs. or an electribe pro with actual midi sync (and not whatever the joke that the current range has) and no crap voice stealing. maybe better labelling on the buttons. or a desktop king korg. i'd cue up over night for something like that. more thunderbolt sound cards and more hardware midi tools.
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

Work it baby...
Old 15th October 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
Desire would be a machinedrum MKiii with new synthesis, fx and stereo hifi sampling.
and they will call it digitakt
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

Bloody hell SB have you put ya Xmas lights up too
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

Namm and nobody is there
I think that's how it is after the last Namm
Old 16th October 2018
Lives for gear

Well as far as predictions go, who really knows. We can make educated guesses because gear news comes out so early now. The element of surprise with NAMM is a thing of the past. So I will focus on hopes. Major OS update for the SP-16 or an SP-16 mkII. A new KURZ 61 key synth, based on the SP series, always my hope. If not a NL5 with 61 keys, aftertouch and a proper LED. Think G2X. A new Roland sampler or groove machine. Some new keyboards stands.
Old 16th October 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRAZZ View Post
... A new Roland sampler or groove machine. ...
Now that they have all the plugouts they need to find more ways to sell them.

A new MC with plugouts. 1 plugout for every TR drumkit.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search