The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
NAMM 2019 - Your Predictions, Rumors and Desires...
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

Old 25th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern View Post
You know that's not new, right?
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbenjamins View Post
You know that's not new, right?
At NAMM though

Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

Old 25th January 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio460 View Post
Yah, and one of only two NEW instruments in the Roland Cloud, "SRX World" (the one I'm most interested in) he didn't download into the demo machine. Instead he said, "Maybe I'll download it when I get home." WTF???
I downloaded the SRX World and I really like it. It's as good as the original SRX expansion board.
Old 25th January 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Lol @ arp in the physics class
Actually, they would hook it up to an oscilloscope and we'd discuss waveforms.

(I was a physics major which was the only reason I knew to borrow it from them....)
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

A three month countdown for one of the most dissapointing namm events ever
I'm off to bed , gotta wake up at 05:30
Old 25th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by studio460 View Post
Our sister high school, Rolling Hills High, had an Arp 2600 (I went to Palos Verdes High in SoCal).
I think we had a commodore 64 for the entire school
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneKontrol View Post
If all we've seen is all there is then this is the worst NAMM in recent memory. After this massive hype countdown thread, various misleading rumours from bs artists... to end on such a whimper is sad.

I can only hope that sequential and Roland are holding back for later in the year because if the arturia low effort toy is meant to be held up as the shining synth beacon of 2019 due to it being basically the only new thing then I think synth heads are truly f****d this year!

Don't think an end result like this needed a countdown that long, a week would have done if that.
Haha, you‘re probably the most negative guy on this board and that tells a lot. :D

Apart from that, every NAMM is the worst in recent history!
Old 25th January 2019
Gear Nut

Request for someone actually there at NAMM - what new competitors are you seeing to Roland's Go:Mixer Pro?
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian N View Post
Cookie Monster Filter..
Old 25th January 2019
Gear Nut

Old 26th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmboos View Post
Request for someone actually there at NAMM - what new competitors are you seeing to Roland's Go:Mixer Pro?
Out of curiousity what about Go:Mixer Pro would you like to see improved? I somehow just learned about this thing and it's been a gamechange for Instagram videos...
Old 26th January 2019
Gear Nut

Old 26th January 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveElbows View Post
I would like to announce that all our announcements have been announced, although further announcements about announcements may be announced at any moment, stay tuned for further announcements.
If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is worth noticing.
Old 26th January 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModularOverkill View Post
Out of curiousity what about Go:Mixer Pro would you like to see improved? I somehow just learned about this thing and it's been a gamechange for Instagram videos...
Not so much improved, but after the letdown on my JD-800 (red glue issue, post warranty, service center won't do it, not even enough parts left to get it repaired), I honestly try not to give Roland my money as a result. Left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm hoping to find something else to fill the need...
Old 26th January 2019
Lives for gear

Old 26th January 2019
Gear Nut

This vid is great on the Model Samples:

By my count this theoretically shows off 96 of the 300 sounds (presuming each of the 16 patterns has a set of 6 unique sounds within it). I'm getting closer to learning what sounds are on board.

Last edited by pmboos; 26th January 2019 at 01:43 AM.. Reason: added details
Old 26th January 2019
Lives for gear

Where are the GS members who hinted that they had inside info about a Roland poly?

What is Roland doing?
Old 26th January 2019
Gear Nut

Music Radar had a photo of a PianoArc, which I had never noticed. Looks really neat, so I googled, found the site. Been around for a bit, but you have to request a quote. Naw no thanks... Instantly tells me it is too expensive for me.
Old 26th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowkast View Post
Where are the GS members who hinted that they had inside info about a Roland poly?
Running

Old 26th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Not so much improved, but after the letdown on my JD-800 (red glue issue, post warranty, service center won't do it, not even enough parts left to get it repaired), I honestly try not to give Roland my money as a result. Left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm hoping to find something else to fill the need...
get over it, you're only screwing yourself at this point.
Old 26th January 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
get over it, you're only screwing yourself at this point.
Yeah, I sort of realize it... I just keep hoping Korg or Yamaha will save me.

Korg is a like a keyboard/synth saint in my book, I have one of their synths from like 1984-85 that keeps working like a champ and I have never done ANYTHING (not even an internal battery replacement).
Old 26th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, I sort of realize it... I just keep hoping Korg or Yamaha will save me.

Korg is a like a keyboard/synth saint in my book, I have one of their synths from like 1984-85 that keeps working like a champ and I have never done ANYTHING (not even an internal battery replacement).
Plenty of Korg PolySix owners would argue about them being super reliable.

Point being that many companies have both good and bad products and experiences. Roland has made some of the greatest synths of all time, and also some of the bigger duds. We somehow can't get enough Waldorf despite the Blofeld's firmware issues, XT/Q encoder issues, Q+ analog filter crashes, etc.

The Go Mixer Pro is amazing for what it does, and it's cheap enough that even if it's a pile that you're probably fine.
Old 26th January 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModularOverkill View Post
Plenty of Korg PolySix owners would argue about them being super reliable.

Point being that many companies have both good and bad products and experiences. Roland has made some of the greatest synths of all time, and also some of the bigger duds. We somehow can't get enough Waldorf despite the Blofeld's firmware issues, XT/Q encoder issues, Q+ analog filter crashes, etc.

The Go Mixer Pro is amazing for what it does, and it's cheap enough that even if it's a pile that you're probably fine.
Thanks for giving some confidence... I will definitely give it another thought. I will say, the JD-800 would have been amazing for me, had it not been for this problem.
Old 26th January 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Actually, they would hook it up to an oscilloscope and we'd discuss waveforms.

(I was a physics major which was the only reason I knew to borrow it from them....)
In looking back at photos (it got me thinking), I think it was an Arp Axxe. OK, got off-topic, though I presume Behringer will get this out next month, or at least an announcement.
Old 26th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hey when did you buy your JD800 vs when you had the problem?
Old 26th January 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewtershmit View Post
Hey when did you buy your JD800 vs when you had the problem?
I got the JD800 from a friend that was moving in roughly the 2011 timeframe, so I really wasn't upset about the warranty issue since I didn't buy it. I noticed the problem in 2015 :-( I really wanted to get it repaired. What I learned was Roland didn't do anything to help make it repairable even for those that wanted to pay to do so.

To me this very much a f--- you attitude. Own the error and help make it right, even if you can't do it for what should have been for free.

Last edited by pmboos; 26th January 2019 at 04:13 AM.. Reason: more to add
Old 26th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey13 View Post
OK, sonicstate seemingly starts uploading their videos.

I'm always impressed with Casio, and this latest sounds really fantastic. To be able to power that extremely slim board with 6 AA batteries, and the whole shebang weighing in at about 27 lbs. (board, bag, and pedal)... Wow. And the price is amazing.

I know a young kid who wants to start taking piano lessons, and this is just the thing to recommend to his mom. I may buy one, too!
Old 26th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
But we didnt have electricity and had to watch b&w tv in candlelight
Does not compute

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search