The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The ultimate high-end reverb for synths- Eventide, Lexicon, or Bricasti?
Old 20th December 2019
Here for the gear

Is there no love for the Kurzweil KSP8? The Hall and other emulations sound wonderful. Any thoughts on the comparison with other units? I have one, but it's all I know really.
Old 20th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenotype View Post
Is there no love for the Kurzweil KSP8? The Hall and other emulations sound wonderful. Any thoughts on the comparison with other units? I have one, but it's all I know really.
Very nice unit, crunchy tones, beautiful algorithms, great efx.
Bad choices? Yes... 5.1 and no higher than 48KHz sampling rate! That alone killed the machine right away. Kurzweil should be ashamed as they had really amazing engineers working on that project without supporting them in the right way. You don't let your guys go the day after such a product goes out on the market. A very sad and stoopid story.
Anyway... it's great machine, hard to find. Keep it well as there's a lot to enjoy there... many other high end products don't even offer.
Love those verbs! I consider them as something to add to Lexicon/Eventide/Bricasti tones as they have an unique color...
Old 20th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenotype View Post
I had one. Didn't get along with the Kurzweil OS/FUN mentality. Had it with the remote which made life a lot easier.

I kind of put it in the same class as the Roland R-880. Nice sounding units, very useful, but not quite top tier.
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

I ordered a Bricasti M7 today - one of the composers I have worked with has 3 of them patched in at all times, would not be caught dead using anything else, and his obsession must have rubbed off. When it comes to reverbs that "disappear" into the sound nothing I have heard so far comes close to his M7s.

I have come to the realization that, even with synths, I tend to have a preference for an acoustic vibe and I end up treating electronic sounds with an orchestral slant anyhow, so I think the Bricasti is still the best choice for me.

At least I hope so...
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

The KSP8 is in the top tier for natural spaces and plates, but it has a ton of other usable bread and butter effects that one would use in a studio environment. Easy to use, just rtfm. It would stand to reason they do good reverbs it is said some of the developers went on to start Bricasti. Stands toe to toe with the upper tier TC stuff, also in that category.
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Not gonna fault you if your ears hear a difference, or your clientele has demands, but a lot of people in blind rests on different forums and more either can’t pick out a Bricasti or prefer something else (even a $50 plugin). It probably depends on the source material a lot. Just sayin’ - there’s a lot of amazing reverbs out there for less, and I believe that money may be better spent on a Moog one, Solaris, etc.
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by apessino View Post
I ordered a Bricasti M7 today - one of the composers I have worked with has 3 of them patched in at all times, would not be caught dead using anything else, and his obsession must have rubbed off. When it comes to reverbs that "disappear" into the sound nothing I have heard so far comes close to his M7s.

I have come to the realization that, even with synths, I tend to have a preference for an acoustic vibe and I end up treating electronic sounds with an orchestral slant anyhow, so I think the Bricasti is still the best choice for me.

At least I hope so...
It’s the only Reverb I heard that sounds fantastic on synths.
It’s part of the sound. Sure you can get lush tails, caverns, canyons, etc.
But nothing compares to the M7.

I hope I eventually break down and buy one.
Until then I prefer Delay because my DSP based and hardware reverbs sound great on samples, but not synths.
Old 26th February 2020
Ksp
Lives for gear

you need more than one reverb to qualify on this forum.
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Source Audio Ventris
Source Audio Collider
Eventide Space
EQD Transmisser
EQD Afterneath
EQD Levitation
EQD Avalanche Run
EQD Disaster Transport SR

Yes, I own 8 reverb pedals plus two rack units, Lexicon/TC, making that a very slutty 10

Enough variety for my ragtag fleet of ambient synth machines, with the Source Audio Ventris the coolest reverb I’ve ever owned and much prefer it over the overly used Strymon offerings.
📝 Reply