The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Converting other formats into Roland S7xx CDs? Digital Converters
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Converting other formats into Roland S7xx CDs?

I got a good deal on a Roland S-760 that had the DA-400 converter, the OP-7601 board and full RAM installed. The LCD had a few of those nasty dead lines, but otherwise it was a bargain. I hooked it up to a SCSI CD-ROM drive, and everything works fine for Roland CDs.

Now, I've got a ton of sample CDs from a bunch of manufacturers like Akai, Ensoniq and Kurzweil. I've been trying to use Chickensys Translator to try to convert them into Roland S7xx CDs (which I've heard you can do?) but no luck.

In Translator, I've created a "Virtual Drive" in Roland format, then dragged the files from an Ensoniq CD (for instance) from right to left. Everything seems to go ok, and I end up with a 600MB+ .IMG file, but when I burned it and tried to load it in the S-760, it sees it, but it's completely empty - nothing to load.

(By the way, I burned it using Mac's "Burn Image To Disk" command...so that might be where I mess up...should one use something else?)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search