The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Overbridge 2.0 ! Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by idm0r View Post
So, no first hand experience then.
Ok.
I have. And just told you my experience working with the plugin. In Studio One however. Too busy next week but I'll try to check thoroughly what latency I get and report back. You are taking about single/couple of users' experiences without any background info of the computer specs and audio settings etc.
I have a lot of experience with OB 1. But, I don't have a DT to test OB 2, and right now, the DT is the only machine for which they've released the plugin.

I hope the latency is lower than what the users have reported so far. We'll see I guess.

Thanks for reporting.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Im finding the latency is not an issue at all, its pretty tight, even thou according to Ableton OB is reporting 49ms for me, everything is pretty much bang on tight, even when playing via Push2 in Ableton drum rack
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by goony View Post
Im finding the latency is not an issue at all, its pretty tight, even thou according to Ableton OB is reporting 49ms for me, everything is pretty much bang on tight, even when playing via Push2 in Ableton drum rack
Yeah this has been my experience as well.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

As mentioned . The technical requirements of beta , and the relevant companies version of beta might not quite match , and each company obviously has the right to claim whatever they like
As an ‘editor’ , there could be many interpretations of that but features and bugs are very distinctly different things.
In the scheme of things , my personal opinion is worthless , I don’t work at elektron , I’m not coding it , managing it or responsible for it in any way.
Some might class zooming into a waveform as a feature , some might not. It is capable of streaming audio , and the editor itself is doing more than could be matched by editing midi cc’s / nrpn. (Eg selecting soundpool sounds , defining tags etc ) . An editor for a device such as digitakt could encompass renaming patterns , projects , tracks , sample management , step editing and pushing it further than the functionality of the hardware device (project backup , defining my own preset delay settings , my own preset compression settings ) , a big screen , mouse control could offer many more convenient features.

Whatever I comment on has no impact on its’ development , it is just my opinion. It’ll be interesting to see which features have become ‘plugins’ as apposed to overbridge ‘beta’ . I’m probably being quite pedantic on terms used too , the difference between EDITOR and SOUND EDITOR is quite big imo ( confused even more if you stick to digitakt terminology of samples , sounds , sound pool etc) , but sometimes sticking to industry expectations can ensure higher quality , it entirely depends on the individual company and their methods to track / prioritise features and risk .
Overall , the hard work seems to have been done (usb audio streaming) , making the editor usable shouldn’t be so difficult , digitone would inherit so much of the underlying structure (sound editing) I doubt it’ll be tricky to get that one out the door.
That’s enough , and might give context to my initial comment .

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search