The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Moog Model D and Taurus 3 Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Moog Model D and Taurus 3

Awaiting my Taurus 3 bass pedals that I pla. To use for all the bass in a new project...ended up playing a moog model D today and fell in love.

Wondering how they compare sonically for bass duties? Anyone use both of these simultaneously? Thinking of using the Taurus for long held out deep bass tones, and the model D for more syncopated/riffs that have a low mid growl. Not sure if they would clash if used together or if it’s redundant to own both.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Bump
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

There is some overlap but one doesn't make the other redundant.
Old 3 days ago
^^ What Moonwhistle said. Having Taurus/Mini won't clash. If you wanna hear both in action, Rick Wakeman used them on the Yessongs tour/album (try Six Wives of Henry VIII). It'll just mean the synths will sound Moogy.

The Minimoog is a great bass synth: classic Kraftwerk, Gary Numan, Giorgio Moroder and post-disco used Mini for bass.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Can the mini do everything the Taurus can do for bass, just without foot pedals? Or does the Taurus have the better low end if I only had one for bass? Love the Taurus but after playing a minimoog, I see a lot of applications it can do that the Taurus can't...just wondering if the Taurus can do things the Minimoog can't in the low end. Thanks
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo69 View Post
Can the mini do everything the Taurus can do for bass, just without foot pedals? Or does the Taurus have the better low end if I only had one for bass? Love the Taurus but after playing a minimoog, I see a lot of applications it can do that the Taurus can't...just wondering if the Taurus can do things the Minimoog can't in the low end. Thanks
That's difficult to answer. I wouldn't say better low end but different. Both are bass monsters. The Minimoog is much more versatile, but if you can have both it's worth keeping the Taurus. You might decide that you prefer the mini for bass once you have them both. A matter of taste.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search