The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The MOOG or BOOG Dilemma Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenstino View Post
That’s pretty much what I’ve been struggling with the Boog with a waldorf kb37 will set me back about 2k - and leave me with some room to buy a few euro toys. The Moog reissue will set me back almost 4K to get it in Toronto but I have a legendary instrument. I’m sure the boog in a kb37 will be fun to mess with. I’m torn and it seems the opinions here have also gone 50:50
How into modular are you? I think it would be kind of crazy to buy a Waldorf KB37 to stick a Boog in when you can buy a Grandmother for cheaper. I'd understand getting the Waldorf to fill with modules but sticking Boogs in there seems like a waste of expensive euro real estate.

You could get a Grandmother, have a Boog positioned directly above or next to it and get basically the same experience, but far more synth & still cheaper!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
How into modular are you? I think it would be kind of crazy to buy a Waldorf KB37 to stick a Boog in when you can buy a Grandmother for cheaper. I'd understand getting the Waldorf to fill with modules but sticking Boogs in there seems like a waste of expensive euro real estate.

You could get a Grandmother, have a Boog positioned directly above or next to it and get basically the same experience, but far more synth & still cheaper!
I actually don’t have any modular- so maybe your suggestion on a grand mother may make sense- I should give the grand mother a chance. . I was just thinking that I really like the mode d sound I just miss the hands on immediacy I get from having an instrument that’s completely i front of u. Truthfully I have a matrix brute, OB6, and a system 8 so no shortage of keyboards I could midi control the model d thru. I just really miss the form factor of having the instrument complete in front of u. That’s the magic of a real model d, I thought though for about 2k less I could almost achieve that with the Waldorf kb37. But maybe a dedicated grandmother to the Boog could also be sweet.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

If Behringer do a keyboard D like the upcoming Odyssey you'd really kick yourself for buying a kb37!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock View Post
If Behringer do a keyboard D like the upcoming Odyssey you'd really kick yourself for buying a kb37!
Yeah I was thinking that as well.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search