The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Volca DW Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Volca DW

New Volca coming.

I wonder if it will be modeled after the DW-6000 or DW-8000?

Thoughts, wants?

Edit: I am blind. XD, sorry people.

But there still is a new Volca coming out soon.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Volca Polka?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Volca midi sequencer, with 16 midi channels.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
2 new volca threads already…
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice187 View Post
2 new volca threads already…
Well this is about one that is coming soon.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Wish it was an ER-1 mkIII instead of a volca.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut
Miss my DW-8000 (curse you, river!) so happy to learn about this!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
Well this is about one that is coming soon.
So Korg has confirmed a Volca DW? That would be cool.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotunes View Post
So Korg has confirmed a Volca DW? That would be cool.

There was a Volca case holding the various ones at SynthFest 2018. A blank spot was open with just paper giving a description of the new upcoming Volca and there were waveform diagrams. Based on the avalible evidence most likely will be based on/inspired by the DW-8000. It could be different, but that is just what it appears to be.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
There was a Volca case holding the various ones at SynthFest 2018. A blank spot was open with just paper giving a description of the new upcoming Volca and there were waveform diagrams. Based on the avalible evidence most likely will be based on/inspired by the DW-8000. It could be different, but that is just what it appears to be.
That placeholder paper is the parameter list included with the volca FM, it's not new:

Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
That placeholder paper is the parameter list included with the volca FM, it's not new:

So there is going to be a second Volca FM? HMM

Maybe an FM based drum machine?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post

Oh well, thought it was something different. Didn't notice it was the one from the FM.....but anyways a new Volca is coming, A DW-8000 Volca would be different and fun though.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Yes ! a mini DW-8000 with three-voice polyphony
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Volca volca what else
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sextuor View Post
Yes ! a mini DW-8000 with three-voice polyphony

Haha no it would be atleast 8.

I am not too big of a fan of the Volcas, but I like them as a gateway means of getting more people into synthesis/sizers. Plus good for taking places for fun.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

can someone explain how korg can put 8 analog voices (Korg dw) into a volca box?. Its not going to happen. They are very cheap 2hand and full size.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
I think the volca series already looks outdate and behind in competition with the other more recent offerings. See the IK Multimedia analogue mono Uno synth for only $ 199 etc.

Even Akai yesterday revealed a tiny rompler for $ 129 yea I’m not kidding. It is called MPK mini play [based on their well known best seller mini keyboard] and it has 128 built –in sounds, from acoustic instruments to electric pianos, to analog ish electronic sounds, analogue bass sounds, analogue pads and lead sounds etc. and 10 different drum sets, and among them the Roland Tr 808 sounds.

But, the features don’t stop there, guess what, you can modulate these sounds through its knobs in real time having access to sound parameters such as filter resonance, attach and release. But hey, now you want some effects am I right? Guess what it has reverb and chorus effects and on top of that EQ low and Hi, and all those you can modify in real time. The interface is simple and it has and a cool very clear LCD screen and can be battery powered.

Of course this 25 mini keyboard is and a midi controller as well and it has all the other features of the classic MPK mini 25, such as arpeggiator [now with the extra addition of the hold function], note repeat, MPC style velocity sensitive pads, and you can download and the editor [from Akai’s website] which permit to adjust a lot of parameters if you want.

Korg should do something more functional, practical and a little bit bigger.

Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Based on the avalible evidence most likely will be based on/inspired by the DW-8000. It could be different, but that is just what it appears to be.
What available evidence? I saw that clip and the blank space had algorithm and parameter cards from the Volca FM. Is there other info about a Volca DW?
Old 4 days ago
Kja
Lives for gear
Love that akai.. Exactly what I need, besides the minikeys.. I just want a cheap box that's a simpler and that's it.. But I might get it anyway, I could play my microvolt with it I guess.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotunes View Post
What available evidence? I saw that clip and the blank space had algorithm and parameter cards from the Volca FM. Is there other info about a Volca DW?

I didn't have a good enough resolution and didn't realize it was from the FM.

All I do know is there is going to be 1 more Volca (atleast) before the line is ended.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

DW-8000 was awesome. Weighs a ****ton and the keybed is weak but it’s a great straightforward programmer’s synth with an awesome ‘dark’ sound, not in the least because of it using proto-digital oscillators with a MS-20 style analogue filter.
Back in the day this and the Peavey Spectrum were radical and cheap compared to the Sequential devices with digital oscs.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signifier View Post
DW-8000 was awesome. Weighs a ****ton and the keybed is weak but it’s a great straightforward programmer’s synth with an awesome ‘dark’ sound, not in the least because of it using proto-digital oscillators with a MS-20 style analogue filter.
DW is not MS-20 style filter. It's uses Korg's own NJM-2069 chip which is tonally very similar to the SSM2044.. smooth and liquidy -24dB/oct rolloff compared to the MS-20 -12dB/oct Sallen-Key topology which screams and distorts.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think the volca series already looks outdate and behind in competition with the other more recent offerings. See the IK Multimedia analogue mono Uno synth for only $ 199 etc.

Even Akai yesterday revealed a tiny rompler for $ 129 yea I’m not kidding. It is called MPK mini play [based on their well known best seller mini keyboard] and it has 128 built –in sounds, from acoustic instruments to electric pianos, to analog ish electronic sounds, analogue bass sounds, analogue pads and lead sounds etc. and 10 different drum sets, and among them the Roland Tr 808 sounds.

But, the features don’t stop there, guess what, you can modulate these sounds through its knobs in real time having access to sound parameters such as filter resonance, attach and release. But hey, now you want some effects am I right? Guess what it has reverb and chorus effects and on top of that EQ low and Hi, and all those you can modify in real time. The interface is simple and it has and a cool very clear LCD screen and can be battery powered.

Of course this 25 mini keyboard is and a midi controller as well and it has all the other features of the classic MPK mini 25, such as arpeggiator [now with the extra addition of the hold function], note repeat, MPC style velocity sensitive pads, and you can download and the editor [from Akai’s website] which permit to adjust a lot of parameters if you want.

Korg should do something more functional, practical and a little bit bigger.

It looks very well spec'ed, and impossibly affordable, cool!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
there is going to be 1 more Volca (atleast) before the line is ended.
That is exciting. I like how they force me to be in the moment. That’s when I’m having the most fun.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
No MIDI input, so it's not very good as a sound module.

Akai should re-release the Miniak/Micron in this form factor. Provided they actually have a MIDI input.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids View Post
No MIDI input, so it's not very good as a sound module.

Akai should re-release the Miniak/Micron in this form factor. Provided they actually have a MIDI input.

Miniak is fun, got one for $100. Only complaint is you cant disable velocity on the keys....a big oversight that maybe a firmware update could fix.

It is a Micron with a few updates/upgrades.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

I would definitely be into a Volca with the original DW waveforms (plus new ones), the original NJM2069 filter, and the cool digital delay.

Gotta do 8 voices though, none of this 3-voice nonsense.

Last edited by StepLogik; 3 days ago at 08:14 PM.. Reason: Pop tarts are not food

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search