The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Korg Volca. What will it be? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

that would be disappointing.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartermass View Post
Fingers crossed for a Volca Miku. Seriously though...
About the only thing they'd have to make bigger to fit the Volca form factor:

I've got one of these in a box somewhere around here...
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by manalishi View Post
I've got one of these in a box somewhere around here...
A Japanese girl?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Volca Logue? A mono synth with 1 analog osc and 1 prologue style digital osc. Simplified, of course, but I'd buy that at volca prices
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I really wish Korg hadn't made a Volca Sample already.
I have one so I'm not a complete hater but they really blew the opportunity to do something really cool.
If it had an audio input and maybe a little fun microphone like the MicroGranny then it would be a wholly different beast wouldn't it?
I'm sure they worried about trimming and editing samples but I mean I've got a Mirage and an ASR-10, and half the fun is not being able to "see" the waveform and just feeling the loop points. The Mirage only had a 2 character display, the Volca Sample has 4. Oh well.

Maybe we'll see a Volca MKII series.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Maybe i’m unusual , but I’ve bought a few volca products in the past , used them for a few hours , got an understanding of what they do , then barely used them .
I see many 2nd hand that are as new / used very little.
I know it’s probably influenced by the gear I already have , what items fit in the space , convenience to use / setup.

I think if there’s a new one , i’ll not bother unless it’s unique / nothing like anything else I have .. I’ve currently got kick , sample , fm gathering dust.

I was surprised that the speculation started again just because there was 1 space in a presentation rack , it’s much easier to construct something with symmetry / even numbers of slots. Making a case for 7 , equally spaced would be more effort than it’s worth. Also , If they’ve been successful it seems obvious they’d continue to make them .
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by re5etuk View Post
Maybe i’m unusual , but I’ve bought a few volca products in the past , used them for a few hours , got an understanding of what they do , then barely used them .
I know it’s probably influenced by the gear I already have , what items fit in the space , convenience to use / setup.

I think if there’s a new one , i’ll not bother unless it’s unique / nothing like anything else I have .. I’ve currently got kick , sample , fm gathering dust.

I was surprised that the speculation started again just because there was 1 space in a presentation rack , it’s much easier to construct something with symmetry / even numbers of slots. Making a case for 7 , equally spaced would be more effort than it’s worth. Also , If they’ve been successful it seems obvious they’d continue to make them .
The rep does specifically say watch this space.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear
I have serious hopes for a Volca Strings item.

A strings machine is seriously missing from today's buzzing analogue world, the @Waldorf Streichfett; which is the only current option that I'm aware of is digital.
Its filters could be based on the Arp Solina/Omni - a full sized reissue makes little sense in my opinion, a Volca box on the other hand would be an easy fit anywhere.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

I still say:
Volca tape echo.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by re5etuk View Post
Not unusual. It's hard to want to use them when you've got better alternatives.

I got into buying the Keys for $50 - $100, doing the mods to them and giving them to friends as gifts. None of them use them at all either. I think the form factor and general crap plastic feel of them is just off-putting.

But I love watching Dreamsofwires on Youtube make music with a Volca. Sometimes it makes me want to buy another or ask for one back.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search