The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A few questions regarding the Kawai K4
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
A few questions regarding the Kawai K4

I recently purchased a K4 and overall I think it's an excellent synth, however, there are a few questions I have that are not explained well in the manual.

1. Is there a way to initialize a patch so you can create from scratch?

2. Is there a way to turn off all the effects in one simple way or do you need to menu dive and disable every effect parameter one by one?

3. Is there a way to simply turn off Wave S2 in the drum section so I can use one drum sample per key?

4. Is there a way to check which OS I have on my system?

Any help from other K4 users would be appreciated.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

the Version shows up when you hold the SYSTEM button while you turn the unit on.
Old 10 hours ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivanho View Post
the Version shows up when you hold the SYSTEM button while you turn the unit on.
Thank you! Any other useful tips/tricks?
Old 9 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necron 99 View Post
I recently purchased a K4 and overall I think it's an excellent synth, however, there are a few questions I have that are not explained well in the manual.

1. Is there a way to initialize a patch so you can create from scratch?

2. Is there a way to turn off all the effects in one simple way or do you need to menu dive and disable every effect parameter one by one?

3. Is there a way to simply turn off Wave S2 in the drum section so I can use one drum sample per key?

4. Is there a way to check which OS I have on my system?

Any help from other K4 users would be appreciated.
Hi! I am back, I am sticking to threads about digital synths as the Analogue crowd sometimes do my head in

I have a K4 rack (and K1/K11/XD5 lol, overkill) so some of my answers maybe wrong.

1. Sadly no...AFAIK there’s no way on the synth itself to init as far as I remember. You could init on Sound Diver/MIDI Quest then copy that patch (which will be that program’s interpretation of what init means) to all the other programs, or you could just change the waves to 1, open the filter and set the envelopes a certain way and make your own.

2. No idea, no effects on the rack...

3. For each patch, in Source Mode you can pick NORM (a playground insult), TWIN, or DBL (like hotel rooms) which is better than the K11, where you can’t pick, and have to edit an already existing patch with the setup you want. That synth has the worst UI ever, I’ll do a video some day...PS assuming drum mode is the same as regular patch mode without the AM??? I haven’t used it. If I’m wrong, maybe you can turn Wave S2’s level down?

4. Already answered
Old 6 hours ago
Lives for gear

hey XB, have you had any trouble sending full sysex dumps
to your K1s ? with midiox? midiox has been giving me some trouble,
and i'm not sure how to set those buffers to slow down transmission.
need to get this sorted.
Old 5 hours ago
Lives for gear

I haven’t used my K1 in ages sadly. I will be using all of them next week for a film score project. Sorry if I confused anyone, the K11 is not the same as the K1ii...though they share the same keyboard chassis.

The K11 is like a butchered K4 with a bigger GM compatible Wave Rom (6MB va 2MB according to Sealed) and a terrible UI, but some of the most interesting sounds of the whole series.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search