The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My "cover" of a Moog One SC demo. Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by poserp View Post
I think this applies across all music, basically I think it comes down to when you can hear "stuff" working against other "stuff" in service of a song/sound/mood/whatever. A non-synth example, I just love this song sonically:

The bass is way too "big", snares are rattling about, the rhythm guitar sounds like crap, it feels pretty compressed... But it's beautiful at the same time. All the things working together, everything "fits" in context, and so on. To me, some modern music doesn't sound very good because stuff isn't interacting at all -- really nice sounding everything which adds up to nothing. Here, the rhythm guitar works best IMO when the EP comes on the other side of the stereo field; when they play together they sound magical (1:59-2:03 especially). The compressed sound works, I mean the title is "Come Together"... The music is whole. Overall, that holistic approach IMO is a big part of the picture w.r.t. "good" sound.
Wow. I remember when that was released as a single from a secret new album by The Beatles, on the radio. Had to rush out and buy the 45.

It sounded to me like the future of music at the time!

The rest of Abbey Road did not disappoint.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutantt View Post
Starting a new thread here....i understand that it should not be polluted by hardware vs software comparisons, which might turn into flamewars because people are pretty passionate about the topic.

Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
I’m what I am today because of I Am The Walrus.
Seeing this at age 7 on PBS (from this point on to the end of the movie) forever rendered any drugs completely unnecessary:

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search