The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Recommend Good Jungle/Drum&Bass/Electronic Music With Singing Vocals
Old 6 days ago
PHG
Gear Maniac

Recommend Good Jungle/Drum&Bass/Electronic Music With Singing Vocals

I really like vocals.

Pretty much every "instrumental electronic artist" that I keep in my Itunes, I discovered first through a good song or remix that they did with vocals, that kind of sticks to a pop music song structure.

I listen to a lot of Rap...other sample-based stuff like Massive Attack, Tricky, Portishead...Soul, modern R&B, Reggae/Dub, New-Wave, Rock, Post-Hardcore, Metal.

I'd like to get into some more good Jungle/Drum&Bass/Electronic stuff, but don't know where to start.

I like some artists already like Dillinja, Goldie, Roni Size, Skream... but have not heard everything by them yet.

I'll post some vocal songs that I like below. Please let me know if you can recommend anything that feels similar. Whole album recommendations are very welcome, as long as there are one or two good vocal tracks to get me hooked first.

Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Goldie - Timeless album
YouTube
Calibre and Mc Fats - Drop it Down.
YouTube
Marcus Intalex - How You Make Me Feel
YouTube
Old 6 days ago
PHG
Gear Maniac

Thank you! I recognize this Goldie song and really like it! I don't remember where I've heard it before though, and didn't realize it was Goldie. That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for! I'm checking out the rest now.
Old 6 days ago

just a few that came to mind. google "Liquid D&B" for more
Old 6 days ago
PHG
Gear Maniac

Thanks!

I have some Alex Reece remixes that I like I a lot. I've been meaning to check out more.

I remember that Kosheen song from somewhere also, and love it. Totally forgot about it.

I haven't heard of "Liquid D&B" as a genre before, so thank you for the recommendation.

Checking out the rest now!
Old 6 days ago
Yep, Liquid DnB has lots of vocals...here's a gateway drug of a mix...

Also, this tune:

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search