The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Inspiring Techno tracks
Old 8th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Inspiring Techno tracks

I'm really loving these thick arpeggiated synth leads atm and I'm trying to come up with a similar for a track i'm working on

In the first track it sounds like its a layered shuffled groove or arp with repeating semitone shifts then occasional (seemingly random) melodic variations?

I also can't get close to the synth patches though, sounds like its a filtered sawtooth or actually something basic that has been layered with saturation, FX and a ton of automation?
Aghhh! I don't know it's so blurry to my ears - But I'd love to come up with something similar

Any suggestions or ideas would be awesome, I'm gonna be working on this track all week so I'll report back with my progress

Old 11th October 2018
Gear Addict

To me there are a couple of different sounds (or more) in there and some clever use of delay/echo. Keep at it, you will get there
Old 11th October 2018
Here for the gear

Probably no help with your question but I share your love of this sort of thing. This Marc Romboy track is an all time favourite. I would love to know how the arp was arrived at on this.
YouTube
Old 12th October 2018
Gear Maniac

About that PAS track tp start with
It sounds detuned. Try a saw with osc1 tuned normal, and osc2 detuned by -10ct for example
Ad a filtered delay with low pass filter, then reverb

Experiment wih that and you might get someyhing similar, or even better, figure out something else thats awesome
Old 12th October 2018
Gear Guru

lots of stereo ping pong delay..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search