The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Move song from Korg Triton to a DAW Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Move song from Korg Triton to a DAW

I have some old songs I made on a Korg Triton Extreme.

They just consist of a sequence, and sounds that I sampled into the Triton. The samples are mapped on the keyboard.

I know how to take the MIDI file from the Triton and put it into a DAW. But is there an easy way to just dump all the samples out of the Triton so that I can recreate the song in the DAW?

I'm just trying to avoid running the audio line outs from the Triton in to my DAW and recording each sample that way.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Hasn't the Triton Extreme got a covert to Wav option for its sequences???I recall it has a Resampling mode or something,which will resample its own audio outputs and bounce it to a stereo two track Audio file,I wonder if you can just mute the Midi tracks except the ones that trigger the samples and simply burn the Audio samples on down onto a Wav Track and export it like that,Its been years since I owned a Triton so not sure the exact procedure

If you did that with your sample tracks and then just import those audio files into your DAW to chop up and map the samples on your computer!!

I know the Triton can read Akai/Wav Format stuff,but I think if you save samples on the Triton to export them its in Korgs only KSC format so wouldn't be compatible with any other Platform other than Korg Workstations unless you exported them as Wav/aiff Audio files as above,Or maybe have a look to see if there is a "Save as Wav"option in the Save menus for the samples.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Guru

Consider Awave Studio

It will read the files and convert them.

Alternatively, if you have a digital output on the Triton you could transfer samples without loss.

First try saving as alternate formats, however. Akai format may be only useful when you use Kontakt.

As for the Triton's internal sounds - if you used any of those you will have to record them, there is no way to get those out of the machine. You could consider SampleRobot for that, or put in the work yourself, or find alternatives for the sounds you used - if any.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dieppe View Post
Hasn't the Triton Extreme got a covert to Wav option for its sequences???I recall it has a Resampling mode or something,which will resample its own audio outputs and bounce it to a stereo two track Audio file,I wonder if you can just mute the Midi tracks except the ones that trigger the samples and simply burn the Audio samples on down onto a Wav Track and export it like that,Its been years since I owned a Triton so not sure the exact procedure

If you did that with your sample tracks and then just import those audio files into your DAW to chop up and map the samples on your computer!!

I know the Triton can read Akai/Wav Format stuff,but I think if you save samples on the Triton to export them its in Korgs only KSC format so wouldn't be compatible with any other Platform other than Korg Workstations unless you exported them as Wav/aiff Audio files as above,Or maybe have a look to see if there is a "Save as Wav"option in the Save menus for the samples.
It's possible to export each individual track of the Triton song as WAV. So that might work for me. It kind of sucks to have a 4 minute long WAV file that just has a snare hit every few seconds though. But it is better than nothing.

Some of these are incomplete songs, so it would be nice if I could write new parts easily when I get it in the DAW. It would work best if each individual sample was still trimmed with the exact start and end point, and could be edited by MIDI.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
Consider Awave Studio

It will read the files and convert them.

Alternatively, if you have a digital output on the Triton you could transfer samples without loss.

First try saving as alternate formats, however. Akai format may be only useful when you use Kontakt.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have Awave Studio, so will give that a try. Maybe I can convert the Triton's KSC files to a format that MPC Software 2.2 could read. If I can recreate all the samples with key assignment and everything in the Akai MPC 2.2 Software, that would be amazing.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
As for the Triton's internal sounds - if you used any of those you will have to record them, there is no way to get those out of the machine. You could consider SampleRobot for that, or put in the work yourself, or find alternatives for the sounds you used - if any.
Yeah, the songs I am trying to recover from the Triton are about 90% sounds that I sampled into the Triton, and about 10% sounds from the Triton ROM. It shouldn't be too hard to record the Triton stock sounds that I used into the DAW. Or since I have the MIDI, I might just replace the Triton stock sounds with some VST stuff.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Thanks everyone! I found something that should work for me.

The primary production set up I am working with is my computer, MPC Studio Black with MPC Software 2.2 and the Ensoniq ASR-10. I've been experimenting with Reaper, Presonus Studio One v4 and Ableton 10 some also.

I transferred the KSC files from my Triton to my computer. I was able to use AWAVE Studio to convert them to EFE format for my ASR-10. I can load the EFEs in the ASR-10 now, and all the samples are spread across the keys exactly how they were on the Triton. This will allow me to continue writing the songs which were not complete, without even using the Triton.

Hopefully I can find a way for AWAVE to convert the KSC files to a format that the MPC Software 2.2 will recognize also. It would be nice to get them into the MPC software without needing to use the ASR-10.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

I realized that AWAVE is only able to create Mono EFE files for the ASR-10. Some of my samples on the Triton are Stereo...

I had another go at it today.

I was able to use AWAVE Studio to convert the KSC files from the Triton into PGM/WAV format (intended for MPC2500). This works perfectly. I can import them into my MPC Software 2.2 sessions. All the samples are spread across the virtual keyboard exactly how they were on the Triton. I can play the samples with my midi keyboard or the MPC pads now! In Stereo!

Now I just have to go through and replace the few tracks that had Triton factory sounds with something else.

Thanks again everyone!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search