The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sliding sound that makes me feel euphoric
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Sliding sound that makes me feel euphoric

Hello,

I'm trying to understand how to produce this kind of sliding sound which gives me chills down the spine and makes me feel totally euphoric like if I had won $10M at the lottery.

I've shortened the audio and repeated twice the sliding part that makes me feel euphoric to make it obvious (it's around 14 secondes but you should listen to the whole to get the idea).

The track is: Capsule - Striker (album World of Fantasy)

Any suggestions apart from going to the psychologist? :D
Attached Files

Sliding sound.mp3 (699.2 KB, 606 views)

Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comawhite View Post
Hello,

I'm trying to understand how to produce this kind of sliding sound which gives me chills down the spine and makes me feel totally euphoric like if I had won $10M at the lottery.

I've shortened the audio and repeated twice the sliding part that makes me feel euphoric to make it obvious (it's around 14 secondes but you should listen to the whole to get the idea).

The track is: Capsule - Striker (album World of Fantasy)

Any suggestions apart from going to the psychologist? :D
I’m gonna assume you work ITB? The pitchwheel is usually set +/- 2 semitones, change that to +/-12. Then you can either roll down the wheel yourself while recording, or automate the pitchwheel setting. A third option is to set the synth to legato mode. With the glide/portamento activated in legato mode, only notes that overlap will activate the glide. So simply extend the length of the notes in your sequencer where you want. The pitchwheel option is going to give you much more control though, so I’d try that first. You can also assign the mod wheel to osc pitch, or simply automate osc pitch. Many ways to skin this cat.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

You have a fitting username! Registered nearly 6 years ago, and now the first post :P

Besides all the excellent options that EDGEK8D mentioned, there's also this:

kiloHearts - Tape Stop

(if you're still on Windows, 32-bits: Illformed :: Home has a free one)

With synth sounds, pitch bend/automation is sufficient - but with such a plugin, you can slow the entire master (or a sub-group) down.

Things can be made easier if you record a duplicate of the track which has a slightly different sound (namely, the one with the pitch drop). Then enabling/disabling it is just a matter of muting the "stable pitch" track and unmuting the "drop pitch" track simultaneously. That allows you to handle everything with the synth's own parameters and makes composition/programming less complex.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Portamento?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel99 View Post
Portamento?
all day long, just add rat distortion and tb 303 or one of the 123 clones available and slide away..
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Thank you very much guys, I'm gonna try your suggestions to get this outside my head!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search