The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Drum Machines without sequencers Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 5 days ago
Don't forget those old analogue drum synths, like Simmons SDS series, Tama Techstar series, Pearl Drum-X and SC-40. Lots of other, rather obscure brands out there (Firstline, MPC etc.).
They mostly sound amazing, but the really old ones need to be triggered with pads or a MIDI-to-Trigger-interface. I bought one (no-name, obviously homebrew) from Ebay years ago, and it even transmits velocity via its eight trigger outputs (a magic that seems to be completely lost with modern trigger thingies - but who needs velocity with percussive sounds anyway, when endless clickity-clicking is all the rage...)!

Cheers,
Bert
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Moog DFAM is interesting if you're looking for a quirky drum synth (yes it has a basic sequencer), as others mention you already have great stuff
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Thanks everybody - I quite fancy the Nord Drum 2 now

Anybody got one to sell?

The Drum 2 actually looks better than the Drum 3
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

If you have a Mac check out Drumspillage by audio spillage.

I've got a DRM-1 Mk 11, an AiR Base 99, an Mbase 11, a Kawai XD-5, an A5000 sampler, and an Emax.

I'm reporting Zerocrossing for failing to recommend at least a cirklon + drum mux + full modular setup.

Last edited by Notron Fan; 5 days ago at 03:03 PM.. Reason: Clarity
Old 5 days ago
Gear Guru

With the mentioning of Jomox I didn't see the Jomox MBrane 11, MBase 01 and MBase 11, so here.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search