The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TX-16W hard drive, floppy emulator etc. Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

TX-16W hard drive, floppy emulator etc.

I'm about to revive my trusty old Yamaha TX-16W sampler but want to do away with the time consuming floppy disks. As far as I remember there never was a hard drive option for this machine -was there?
And I suppose because of the lacking SCSI/IDE there never was a SD/CD "solid state hard drive" solution either.
I have however heard about those HxC floppy emulators which I see supports the TX-16W.

Is this the only option to the original floppy drive?
It sounds like a great solution but before taking the plunge I'm a little concerned about the workflow for saving new samples and setups. From my understanding it's used to create multiple "disk images" which the TX-16W sees as a single floppy disk, but is it a hassle to save something to a "virtual floppy disk" involving using a computer, then re-loading it into the sampler, or does it actually save to a blank disk image on its own, just as I would with the original floppy disk drive?

Last edited by rhythmcomposer; 5 days ago at 04:58 PM..
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search