The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland JP-8000 low output Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Roland JP-8000 low output

I fired up my Roland JP-8000 this week and..............................

no sound.

I did some research and learned its common for these to have some/all of the op amps go bad and it leaves the unit with super low output.

I tested mine again and I have this issue. It works just fine (patches, knobs, memory etc) but the volume has to be on max and your source has to be cranked to hear it at all.

Anyone replace the op amps in one of these? If so where did you get them?

Suggestions, help, parts source etc.?

Thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Why do so many pieces of gear from the 90's have this issue? I have this exact same problem with my Alesis QS6.2. The main outputs are so low they're pretty much unusable. Instead, I have to use the headphone outs (which work fine) as a workaround. Others have reported the same issues with theirs too. My memory battery also just recently died in mine too (but that's another issue, which is expected and understandable. I hate that Alesis decided to solder the battery to the PCB, unlike Roland who uses a proper battery holder in their design.).
I've also read here about people having the same low volume output issues with the Roland R70 drum machine.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search