The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Yamaha QX3 - The mighty sequencer predator, it kills my MC50 Sequencers (HW)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Yamaha QX3 - The mighty sequencer predator, it kills my MC50

After a long time my Roland MC50 has met its final doom, the Yamaha QX3 has taken its place as my live sequencer of choice. I show you why here:

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Why not tell us why, rather than trying to drive traffic to your YouTube channel?

All you are doing is spamming gearslutz.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtohaveajuno View Post
Why not tell us why, rather than trying to drive traffic to your YouTube channel?

I'm sorry you feel that way, I'm not sure why I should post the user manual here as my written explanation would take up quite some space.

As the creators of Gearslutz has included the option of embedding a Youtube video I can only assume it's meant to be used as such.

I'd much rather watch a video on why someone likes a particular piece of gear than read about it and I know many feels the same. You're not one of those and that's fine. :D
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Basically, its quicker to read a couple of lines on why something is superior before deciding to sacrifice a half hour on watching a video.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post
Basically, its quicker to read a couple of lines on why something is superior before deciding to sacrifice a half hour on watching a video.
That's not the way I do it.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkanah77 View Post
That's not the way I do it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm sorry you feel that way, I'm not sure why I should post the user manual here
I’m not sure why you should post the manual either. All we want is a paragraph or so saying why you prefer the QX3.
Old 1 week ago
i pressed <play> on the video above and heard cheesy instrumental schlager muzak! then i pressed [stop]
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn303 View Post
i pressed <play> on the video above and heard cheesy instrumental schlager muzak! then i pressed [stop]
What's "schlager" music?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

lol Cannibal Holocaust! Love your videos, especially sequencer-centric stuff like this!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Really???
This guy is putting in an effort to make nice informative video's about gear and people here condemn him for it?
What a place this is...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Mitch View Post
I’m not sure why you should post the manual either. All we want is a paragraph or so saying why you prefer the QX3.
I understand what you mean, but my drive is to make informative videos. It\s my passion. No one is forcing you to watch them. No offence
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

yes of course, and he's a great guy,
but it's quite painful as a whistle-stop tour of the best
features of a sequencer
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn303 View Post
I can't blame you for not recognizing one of the most iconic theme songs of horror history, but you should definitely not use irony when you have no idea of the music you ridicule.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylonpanic View Post
yes of course, and he's a great guy,
but it's quite painful as a whistle-stop tour of the best
features of a sequencer
Well, it's my formula in these videos and as it's my channel I can do as I please. You don't have to like it of course, but for the last one and a half years almost 15 000 people seems to like my video standards so that's my incentive for continuing doing it this way.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deplopcinema View Post
lol Cannibal Holocaust! Love your videos, especially sequencer-centric stuff like this!
Thanks man! I appreciate it :D I've been a little obsessed with making covers of some of the more iconic Italo horror themes lately so I thought I'd continue that for a couple of gear videos...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Thanks for the awesome video! Love your content. Ignore the trolls & angry little men here on GS. There are many others grateful for quality contributions like yours to engage and start a discussion.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
I can't blame you for not recognizing one of the most iconic theme songs of horror history, but you should definitely not use irony when you have no idea of the music you ridicule.
the music of harry manfredini (friday the 13th) is more recognizable than the cannibal holocaust theme by Ortolani. it's not iconic though.

and yes i do know what schlager is.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassX View Post
Really???
This guy is putting in an effort to make nice informative video's about gear and people here condemn him for it?
What a place this is...
Thanks man! It's hard to please everyone at times. That's ok as I know not all are interested in these old tools, but a lot are too :D
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, it's my formula in these videos and as it's my channel I can do as I please. You don't have to like it of course, but for the last one and a half years almost 15 000 people seems to like my video standards so that's my incentive for continuing doing it this way.
sure, i understand. did in fact wonder at the same time HOW I WOULD
like to see a piece of gear's functions demo'ed. i suppose the alternative
would be a very dry point-by-point video manual (if you can picture that)
in a very functional economical format. but that would be a different
style and format, as you say.
or maybe i should read the manual instead, and then watch your vid
again.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

@Elkanah77, all jokes aside, your videos are very good. I personally will look for written guides first and go to video only as a last resort, but yours are always fun to listen to.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitdough View Post
@Elkanah77, all jokes aside, your videos are very good. I personally will look for written guides first and go to video only as a last resort, but yours are always fun to listen to.
Thanks! No problem, I too read manuals. My videos aren't meant to be manuals, but a more entertaining look at the workflow and features of the gear. Why this post stirred up a little action is beyond me though... :D
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
sure, i understand. did in fact wonder at the same time HOW I WOULD
like to see a piece of gear's functions demo'ed. i suppose the alternative
would be a very dry point-by-point video manual (if you can picture that)
in a very functional economical format. but that would be a different
style and format, as you say.
or maybe i should read the manual instead, and then watch your vid
again.
You should always read the manual, but Japanese manuals from the 80s are a bit of hit and miss so a video demo of the workflow can't hurt anyone so what the fuzz is about me posting is beyond me, but I'm impervious to criticism anyways and I will never shy away of calling it out either.. :D
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassX View Post
Really???
What a place this is...
I agree!

I tried to help someone here recently about recording vocals, and one member crapped all over my post; my post was both highly relevant and to the point. Then he posted in another thread about how important it is that we all respect each other on this forum and our different opinions - this man must have the smallest p***s in San Francisco

@Elkanah77 Thank you for your well produced and informative videos, please keep them coming!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

("skip to 3.03 to get straight to the tutorial" - that could keep some
people happy round here)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Falcon View Post
I agree!

I tried to help someone here recently about recording vocals, and one member crapped all over my post; my post was both highly relevant and to the point. Then he posted in another thread about how important it is that we all respect each other on this forum and our different opinions - this man must have the smallest p***s in San Francisco

@Elkanah77 Thank you for your well produced and informative videos, please keep them coming!
Thanks my man, I appreciate your support and I'm sorry you experienced such trolling.
I will of course continue my stream of videos!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
("skip to 3.03 to get straight to the tutorial" - that could keep some
people happy round here)
I realize that some would prefer that, but it's not something I would prefer as an artist as much as a gear tester. Gear for me are tools to get music flowing and the result is what matters the most so I'll be annoying some people in the future too I guess... ;-)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

am actually very interested in the idea of a linear sequencer,
and was interested in this unit in particular, and its differences
with the QX1. i nearly got a very cheap SY85 last year
specifically for the purpose of running linear tracks easily alongside
a pattern based sequencer - wish i had, for 85eu... would've made
this year more interesting -

i was caustic about the QX wedges that were mentioned not so long
ago - QX5/7/21 - because they seemed to be in every 2nd hand shop
at the time, when i was interested only in pattern sequencers, and
they seemed very uninspiring. that might not be the case now. they
could be very simple and useful.

but this QX3 is the daddy - ancestor of the QY300 and 700, with those
great computer keys, and similar styling to the contemporaneous RX5,
with a similar approach to programming.

compare those keys to the things on the linear-less RM1x, which wear
out.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Falcon View Post
I agree!

Gearcūntz
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtohaveajuno View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post
It definitely comes off as clickbait and trying to drive traffic to someone's site when they post like that. I'd be more inclined to give them the traffic if it was posted more like, "Here's why I like this unit, and if you want to see this in more detail, check my youtube video where I show demonstrations" and post a paragraph describing why they like it and a link. Then I'd be more open to giving them the hit rather than feeling like I'm being used to drive traffic to their channel.

Nonetheless, that's what sites like invidio.us are for. Just type "www.invidio.us" BEFORE the /watch tag in the link and it'll bring you to invidio where it skips past the youtube framework and downloads the video directly. Although I don't really use it to deprive people of hits and ad revenue - I mostly use it because it doesn't let google track your watching habits.

So for example, with this video, it's:

Yamaha QX3 Sequencer - My new favorite! - Invidious

Anyway - bonuses are that you don't get forced to watch ads and also if you right click, you can save the video to your hard drive if you'd rather watch later offline or save for future reference.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search