The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer RD-909 Rhythm Designer
Old 20th November 2020
  #2281
Gear Guru
 
Jamie munro's Avatar
 

RD9 is going to surprise / please

That'll do

See you nearer the time
Old 20th November 2020 | Show parent
  #2282
Lives for gear
 
benanderson89's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
RD9 is going to surprise / please

That'll do

See you nearer the time
You saucy bastard
Old 21st November 2020 | Show parent
  #2283
Gear Nut
 
akajuan's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
RD9 is going to surprise / please

That'll do

See you nearer the time
Old 21st November 2020 | Show parent
  #2284
Lives for gear
 
guigui's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larifari View Post
A lot confusing here. The rd 9 was delayed because the lead Designer ( also most Team members ) left Behringer about a year. The Code has to rebuild as it is now.
I didn't know that. Do you know why?
Old 21st November 2020 | Show parent
  #2285
Lives for gear
 
jm2c's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
RD9 is going to surprise / please

That'll do

See you nearer the time
Let me guess - you can upload your own PCM's into the hh & cymbal sound slots?

Well, that solves the legal issues then

Bring it on
Old 21st November 2020 | Show parent
  #2286
Gear Head
 

Oooh, that'd do it! I've already got a Nava so not too fussed (although I've already got a Yocto, but still kind of tempted by a Sub £300 808...) but mainly that means that the DMX/LinnDrum etc gets more tangible. Hopefully at a "this is how the original worked and sounded" level, as every guy with an arduino and his dog can make a box that plays back samples.
Old 21st November 2020 | Show parent
  #2287
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2c View Post
Let me guess - you can upload your own PCM's into the hh & cymbal sound slots?

Well, that solves the legal issues then

Bring it on

Theire never was any legal issue.
The Typ of metal which was sampled for the 909 is long known to the public. You can even buy them new.
Old 21st November 2020 | Show parent
  #2288
Lives for gear
 
Klankdroid's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larifari View Post
Theire never was any legal issue.
The Typ of metal which was sampled for the 909 is long known to the public. You can even buy them new.
Yep it's a hoax that has been many times said (even by Behringer) that it has nothing to do with legal issues... Still on regular basis people will say it has to do with the samples, it's like those flatearthers they keep believing in what clearly is not the case...
Old 22nd November 2020 | Show parent
  #2289
Lives for gear
 
jm2c's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larifari View Post
Theire never was any legal issue.
The Typ of metal which was sampled for the 909 is long known to the public. You can even buy them new.
Maybe there wasnt, I'm not a lawyer.. But custom samples is my only guess on Mr Munro's enigmatic comment.
Old 22nd November 2020
  #2290
Lives for gear
 
Sebastian N's Avatar
 

pfff, don't believe everything jamie says. he's known in impolite circles to take a swig himself after topping up his bike
Old 22nd November 2020 | Show parent
  #2291
Gear Guru
 
Jamie munro's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian N View Post
pfff, don't believe everything jamie says. he's known in impolite circles to take a swig himself after topping up his bike
whatever it takes to reach that high brother

*I never mentioned samples
Old 22nd November 2020 | Show parent
  #2292
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klankdroid View Post
Yep it's a hoax that has been many times said (even by Behringer) that it has nothing to do with legal issues... Still on regular basis people will say it has to do with the samples, it's like those flatearthers they keep believing in what clearly is not the case...
Haha, dude there are so many other companies who have cloned the TR909, yet people still believe it has to do with copyright and samples. It has nothing to do with copyright, if it was the opposite then Roland would have sued all those companies who have done it before Behringer.
Old 22nd November 2020 | Show parent
  #2293
Lives for gear
 
Klankdroid's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_W View Post
Haha, dude there are so many other companies who have cloned the TR909, yet people still believe it has to do with copyright and samples. It has nothing to do with copyright, if it was the opposite then Roland would have sued all those companies who have done it before Behringer.
That's my point it has nothing to do with the samples... but in a few days weeks someone else will again say it has to do with the samples... it never stops... on fb it is even worse...
Old 23rd November 2020
  #2294
Deleted 0cbbc73
Guest
Next week. Vaporwave has it’s third revival. Vaporwave needs it’s drummachine. When will it ever ? Or is it. Vaporware.
Old 23rd November 2020
  #2295
Gear Guru
 
Jamie munro's Avatar
 

oh it's real
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #2296
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
oh it's real
When will we finally start getting teasers or an info drop?
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #2297
Lives for gear
 
Mushy Mushy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 0cbbc73 View Post
Next week. Vaporwave has it’s third revival. Vaporwave needs it’s drummachine. When will it ever ? Or is it. Vaporware.
Vapor where?
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #2298
Lives for gear
 
Bignatius's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
oh it's real
Indeed, ask @ Maurice
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #2299
Lives for gear
 
Bignatius's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
Vapor where?
VaporOhBehave
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #2300
Here for the gear
 
Maurice's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Indeed, ask @ Maurice
Uh, not this Maurice, but I hope you can get confirmation from someone.
Old 24th November 2020
  #2301
<moderator message - I've deleted the conversation about Rob Belcham leaving the Music Tribe corporation, since it's not proven that was in fact because of some problem with this drum machine, and this forum doesn't allow discussions about corporate politics speculations. thanks>
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #2302
Gear Guru
 
Jamie munro's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
<moderator message - I've deleted the conversation about Rob Belcham leaving the Music Tribe corporation, since it's not proven that was in fact because of some problem with this drum machine, and this forum doesn't allow discussions about corporate politics speculations. thanks>
good news
Old 26th November 2020
  #2303
Gear Guru
 
Jamie munro's Avatar
 

A concept I had not considered and one interesting comment i have seen and copied, i wonder how many have considered this among their tirade of abuse - THERE ARE COUNTRIES and people in the world different to us, their income is different, their access and market is different. Anyway.

"I believe that the only reason why behringer did this is because they have a bigger market on countries (such as Brazil) that dont have the same for Arturia, Roland, etc. As a brazilian i can say that i was only able to have acess to decent synths because of behringer. They have always done that, even with guitar pedals. But now is way more visible"
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
  #2304
Lives for gear
 
guigui's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
A concept I had not considered and one interesting comment i have seen and copied, i wonder how many have considered this among their tirade of abuse - THERE ARE COUNTRIES and people in the world different to us, their income is different, their access and market is different. Anyway.

"I believe that the only reason why behringer did this is because they have a bigger market on countries (such as Brazil) that dont have the same for Arturia, Roland, etc. As a brazilian i can say that i was only able to have acess to decent synths because of behringer. They have always done that, even with guitar pedals. But now is way more visible"
Exactly like Brazil. Here there's almost no "first world synth". And its ridiculous how first world people try to make this a moral decision for everybody. It's not when you have only one option. But nobody cares, we're just commodities providers.
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
  #2305
Gear Nut
 
akajuan's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
A concept I had not considered and one interesting comment i have seen and copied, i wonder how many have considered this among their tirade of abuse - THERE ARE COUNTRIES and people in the world different to us, their income is different, their access and market is different. Anyway.

"I believe that the only reason why behringer did this is because they have a bigger market on countries (such as Brazil) that dont have the same for Arturia, Roland, etc. As a brazilian i can say that i was only able to have acess to decent synths because of behringer. They have always done that, even with guitar pedals. But now is way more visible"
Yeah I saw that and thought it was very interesting. I never considered their distribution network was more expansive than other manufacturers as always thought it would depend on local distributors deciding to buy stock or not. Perhaps because the products are more affordable and the risk is lower these distributors are more willing to import B products, so it may be more a consequence of B's vision than a direct policy. Pure speculation, not really sure how this works.

However, if your distribution power is much higher than others in your industry, the natural thing to do would be offering distribution services for other companies instead of..... Regardless of that discussion, there is no denying that B are making possible for many people to access musical equipment. I hope they (or the AI computer running it) get their balance right.
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
  #2306
Gear Guru
 
Jamie munro's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guigui View Post
Exactly like Brazil. Here there's almost no "first world synth". And its ridiculous how first world people try to make this a moral decision for everybody. It's not when you have only one option. But nobody cares, we're just commodities providers.
i've no idea where you are my friend but i try not to do that **** and i am sure you are more than commodity providers wherever you are , that is exactly why i posted the quote - made me think and maybe it'll help others
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
  #2307
Gear Guru
 
Jamie munro's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akajuan View Post
Yeah I saw that and thought it was very interesting. I never considered their distribution network was more expansive than other manufacturers as always thought it would depend on local distributors deciding to buy stock or not. Perhaps because the products are more affordable and the risk is lower these distributors are more willing to import B products, so it may be more a consequence of B's vision than a direct policy. Pure speculation, not really sure how this works.

However, if your distribution power is much higher than others in your industry, the natural thing to do would be offering distribution services for other companies instead of..... Regardless of that discussion, there is no denying that B are making possible for many people to access musical equipment. I hope they (or the AI computer running it) get their balance right.
well not to get into THAT as we have seen enough but no i disagree, if i/you/they made the effort to get to a certain place why help others to get there with your networks? makes no sense in a business world - maybe in some utopia and once you have gained massive market share you might help out but still, also maybe the competition don't want help getting there and after analysis (which i presume they have completed) they don't think see it as a viable market for them and their P and L, nothing wrong with that

so far as behringer are concerned that is their goal, always has been, people can believe it or not but they do aim for costs where possible that almost anybody can meet, with that brings its own issues we know but they have to be commended for reaching such places that others don't - are behringer like heineken then?
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
  #2308
Lives for gear
 
guigui's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
i've no idea where you are my friend but i try not to do that **** and i am sure you are more than commodity providers wherever you are , that is exactly why i posted the quote - made me think and maybe it'll help others
I know, I was not complaining about your comment.
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
  #2309
Gear Guru
 
Jamie munro's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guigui View Post
I know, I was not complaining about your comment.
I know you weren't
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
  #2310
Gear Nut
 
akajuan's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
well not to get into THAT as we have seen enough but no i disagree, if i/you/they made the effort to get to a certain place why help others to get there with your networks? makes no sense in a business world - maybe in some utopia and once you have gained massive market share you might help out but still, also maybe the competition don't want help getting there and after analysis (which i presume they have completed) they don't think see it as a viable market for them and their P and L, nothing wrong with that
Oh I didn't mean to help out anyone but to use their position to make money out of their distribution services. Once you have a distribution network in place is usually better decision to charge your competitors for using it than to keep it for yourself (and subsidise the costs on your own). A quick example, B could distribute DSI products through their network without sales for either being affected. I'd even say both would benefit from breaking into new markets and covering a wider spectrum than what just one brand would be able to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
are behringer like heineken then?
I'll have a crate of RD9s then please
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 52 views: 15053
Avatar for Dappolito
Dappolito 25th January 2014
replies: 9932 views: 1536924
Avatar for werds1
werds1 2 days ago
replies: 5264 views: 359077
Avatar for vlz
vlz 27 minutes ago
replies: 242 views: 25667
Avatar for Maffez
Maffez 1 day ago
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump