The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer RD-909 Rhythm Designer
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

My mum always thought I would be an ambulance driver, because I have a birthmark under my hair which looks like three nines.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Size A View Post
My mum always thought I would be an ambulance driver, because I have a birthmark under my hair which looks like three nines.
Are you sure she wasn't looking at it upside down?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I'm sure she would have been standing up.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_Jezz View Post
I'm sure she would have been standing up.
Did you not understand the joke?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Is it not as simple as the following:

- create a track featuring the sample sounds (ie, the track is 1 second long and called “Behringer in the house“). This track only has one sound and it just happens to be a cymbal. Rubbish song but that never stopped Kayne
- Sample this song and use that in the RD.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict
That will only work with the rimshot
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

deary me, if a cymbal was enough to stop this machine (which i expect it is not) i imagine they would just create a synthesis engine for it, for me that would be far better anyway and is what my team of engineers would have been tasked with long ago

yeah the 909 sounds are great but a good synth engine will do them and more, way more

i truly hope this is what they have done
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
deary me, if a cymbal was enough to stop this machine (which i expect it is not) i imagine they would just create a synthesis engine for it, for me that would be far better anyway and is what my team of engineers would have been tasked with long ago

yeah the 909 sounds are great but a good synth engine will do them and more, way more

i truly hope this is what they have done
But then it wouldn't be a 909 would it?? Those hi hats are just as critical to 909 folks as the clap and the kick.. They better be the real deal.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmixer View Post
Did you not understand the joke?
Of course I did ... Never mind ... - it was a great joke

Last edited by dr_Jezz; 3 days ago at 01:11 AM..
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_Jezz View Post
Of course I did ... Never mind ... - it was a great joke
666, now turn your phone upside down.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
666, now turn your phone upside down.
Look - it's not difficult - I got your very funny joke, but clearly you didn't get mine. Perhaps it's a language thing so that's fine. Let's not even get into the whole it's a circle so a logical impossibility thing. Let it go
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

¿pɐǝɹɥʇ 909-pɹ ǝɥʇ sᴉɥʇ sI
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

I think Behringer should do an RD-666
A drum machine with an evil black and red color-scheme with all sorts of gnarly mods.
Have it be the best of both the 808 and 909 but with 2x the knobs and a little modular patchbay for each drum for mangling the sounds.
Mix the high hats with the kick etc.
Put in some of those Rat distortions from the TD-3.
Give it a really powerful compressor on the master.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
But then it wouldn't be a 909 would it?? Those hi hats are just as critical to 909 folks as the clap and the kick.. They better be the real deal.
As I suggested before, if the samples really are a stumbling block (I suspect they are not), the solution is to include generic samples while allowing users to import their own samples for the hat and cymbals.

I really think the holdup is synchronization though. If the RD-9 can’t sync reliably with the RD-8, that has to be a show stopper for Behringer, and both machines are based on the same firmware. The RD-8 still has some issues with syncing to external MIDI clocks, therefore so does the RD-9.
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids View Post
Thats a Boss DS-1 in there. The Rat would've made the TD-3 pretty heavy. Im gonna try mine out on it today hah.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids View Post
I think Behringer should do an RD-666
A drum machine with an evil black and red color-scheme with all sorts of gnarly mods.
Have it be the best of both the 808 and 909 but with 2x the knobs and a little modular patchbay for each drum for mangling the sounds.
Mix the high hats with the kick etc.
I would buy the chit out of that..
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head
If anyone is selling their TR-909 please hit me up. sold mine way too cheap and having serious withdrawal anxieties.. it's haunting me in my dreams and causing me to wake up. Just make it a decent price or hit me up if you know of one being sold somewhere. Dumping all the other more minor machines I still have soon as I get my hands on another 909.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

Vaporware
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthmaven View Post
If anyone is selling their TR-909 please hit me up. sold mine way too cheap and having serious withdrawal anxieties.. it's haunting me in my dreams and causing me to wake up. Just make it a decent price or hit me up if you know of one being sold somewhere. Dumping all the other more minor machines I still have soon as I get my hands on another 909.
Why did you do that? TR-09 is very close functionwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanEdberg View Post
Vaporware
Or just taking the time to get it right from the beginning?
Old 21 hours ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by electro View Post
Why did you do that? TR-09 is very close functionwise.

Or just taking the time to get it right from the beginning?

I was stupid, shoulda had a Nava 9 to try out before selling off my 909.

The TR-9, otoh, seems to have no individual outs from what I read..
Old 21 hours ago
Gear Guru

Quote:

i think the weener gets you indi outs over usb
Old 20 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
i think the weener gets you indi outs over usb
Only 4, no individual outs for each drum.. The TR-8 does though for some reason..
Old 20 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Are you saying you had a Nava because the wait fore this is so long I've been considering a Nava, but have trouble to trust the builds being without error. Are they no good?
Old 17 hours ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Are you saying you had a Nava because the wait fore this is so long I've been considering a Nava, but have trouble to trust the builds being without error. Are they no good?
Hard to say. Got mine yesterday but so far a lot of things seem iffy. Guy says he had it built by a pro, but then who knows. Hard to verify.

I can't get it to slave to MIDI. And it boots up in "slv" mode to boot, no pun intended. so you have to set it to "Mstr" before you can write patterns. Convoluted!

The sound seems cleaner than a real 909 but also less sexy for lack of a better word.

If I could undo the past I'd get the 909 back which i sold way too cheap. Crackling pots and noisy main outs and all..
Old 17 hours ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
Only 4, no individual outs for each drum.. The TR-8 does though for some reason..
Two TR-9s for $500 wouldn't be half bad but what a waste of space! Lots of D/A A/D needed if you want otb processing..
Old 17 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hard to say. Got mine yesterday but so far a lot of things seem iffy. Guy says he had it built by a pro, but then who knows. Hard to verify.

I can't get it to slave to MIDI. And it boots up in "slv" mode to boot, no pun intended. so you have to set it to "Mstr" before you can write patterns. Convoluted!

The sound seems cleaner than a real 909 but also less sexy for lack of a better word.

If I could undo the past I'd get the 909 back which i sold way too cheap. Crackling pots and noisy main outs and all..
If you wait a few months the RE-909 is coming out, a DIY project like the Nava but you could probably find a built unit. It's a recreation of all the original 909 parts including the PCB layouts, to the extent that RE-909 parts can be used to repair broken TR-909s.
Old 17 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

I think I was watching that exact Nava. listed for 909 Euro on evil-bay? He upped it about three times before it sold, have you asked on the E-Licktronic forum if it is faulty or user error(or just plain convoluted)?(Don't mention you bought it 2nd hand - seemingly he only responds to buying direct from him members). I've got a Yocto but only really used it as a sound module with midi from the DAW and only ever used the sequencer for just jamming on it when the PC isn't on, so I'm not much help for your useage...On the Yocto it needs to be in Expander Mode to receive midi btw, I don't know if the Nava is the same.
Old 16 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by infindebula View Post
As I suggested before, if the samples really are a stumbling block (I suspect they are not), the solution is to include generic samples while allowing users to import their own samples for the hat and cymbals.

I really think the holdup is synchronization though. If the RD-9 can’t sync reliably with the RD-8, that has to be a show stopper for Behringer, and both machines are based on the same firmware. The RD-8 still has some issues with syncing to external MIDI clocks, therefore so does the RD-9.
Yeah, if this were true I'd lose all interest. My goal is to recreate Rebirth with gear.
Old 11 hours ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Size A View Post
I stole that joke from the 1970s.
I wish I’d left it there...
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear