The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Roland Products Drop 9/13 Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 9th September 2018
New Roland Products Drop 9/13

It's already 9/09, so the Roland page in another country is updated with the latest 909 product launch teaser.

Roland “Music Connects” website | Roland

"Visit this site on September 13 for details on three brand-new Roland drum and synthesizer products. Get ready to make some noise!"
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear

Roland JV-01
Roland MKS-08
Roland TR-07
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear

Few things on Gearslutz are as dissapointing as hyped Roland product launches

Whatever it is .... it won’t have aftertouch
Old 9th September 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh View Post
Few things on Gearslutz are as dissapointing as hyped Roland product launches
No doubt... it's like driving past a bad accident - you shouldn't look but you can't help yourself.
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear
Get ready for the new Roland/Studio Electronics analogue boutique!!!
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog8 View Post
If it's a botuique it's gonna be monophonic. Like a single Omega/CODE voice (ideally with all the filter types). You really think they can fit a feature rich analog poly in that form factor?
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear

an analogue poly is coming ….

This is going to be something new, a new project but not something huge in size and polyphony; I predict 4 VCOs polyphony, built - in effects and a good step sequencer.

And a new drum machine as well, I’m guessing something relative small, but with analogue sound engine and very capable and flexible, like the new Drumbrute impact.
Old 9th September 2018
Gear Head

I love Roland.

a TB3 that's more adjustable would be good.

I don't think they're gonna release a good drum machine right after Tr8s.

anything mind blowing is welcome.

I'm ready for disappointment lol
Old 9th September 2018
PES
Lives for gear

Tick tock

The Boutique Toque, analogue (ACB) metronome and sync unit with «vintage groove» (=perfect timing, but people «feel» there’s something special going on).
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear

Roland and Korg have joined forces in their quest to deliver the ultimate VA analogue experience.

New joint venture 'Nuisance technology' brings us closer!

The up coming Boutique JU-05 and Volca Polysicks

JU-05 updated version will incorporate Roland's new SCLT (Simulated Conductive Layer Technology) that will accurately simulate a failing voice. You can even open it up and scrape off the cleverly authentic conductive coating with a special Boutique micro file. (a special sticker is also supplied so you can call it a JU-06 if its successful).

Polysicks volca will have a cleverly simulated cadmium battery that will add that edgy analogue feel by adding a time bomb to your Volca, so you get that warm fuzzy feeling of the old days, knowing the unit will go nuts at any given moment. As an added bonus it will have 10.000 preset locations so when it happens that real vintage frustration really kicks in for all the fun and laughter.

Korg is also looking into the 'Volca Comedy' which uses Prologue technology and offers wildly cosmic random tuning opportunities.
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat earth View Post
New 'nuisance' technology brings us closer!
Classic Roland. Always closer, never quite there.
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear

Cool. I love the Tr-8s, Sh-1a, D-05 and SE Boutique and feel Roland have released a lot of fun, affordable, great sounding instruments recently. Dig that their recent output includes sequencers too. Interested in this announcement!
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear

What I think it may be:

JX-3P for Roland Cloud
TR-07 (with multiple outs or forget it)
Another Boutique synth?

What I'd like:

Boutique D-05 controller
TR-X7 (switchable sounds of 707/727 and individual outs) *I'd retire and sell my TR-8 for space gained.
Can't think of a third, maybe an RS-09 Plugout for System-8, but I like how this System-8 is as default with the 4 included engines/Plugouts.
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear

A Boutique JP8000 would be cool.
Old 9th September 2018
Gear Maniac

space echo boutique would be nice
Old 9th September 2018
I read somewhere that Roland were working on a new Groovebox.

I would buy a JP-8000 boutique.
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
A Boutique JP8000 would be cool.
Just as long as they include the ribbon controller.
Old 9th September 2018
Gear Addict

Looking forward to more digital boutiques for ants with reduced polyphony.
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by battyroy View Post
Looking forward to more digital boutiques for ants with reduced polyphony.
Hopefully Behringer is sending them a message to up their game. BTW the D-05 did not suffer the reduced poly, so we may start seeing a change - I agree the controls are small, but sometimes if its not a main part of your setup its nice to have these additional small boxes squeezed in for now and then use.
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear

One thing to note is that AIRA and main Roland are two separate divisions. There’s been a lot of AIRA products released recently but not so much from Roland’s main synth division. We could well see a successor to the JDXA, so another JD series product or something entirely new. Maybe there’ll be AIRA products too.
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottingjonah View Post

"Visit this site on September 13 for details on three brand-new Roland drum and synthesizer products. Get ready to make some noise!"
Juno X digital piano and some e-drums?
Old 9th September 2018
Gear Maniac

the good thing about Roland gear is that it's actually available to buy soon after it gets announced
Old 9th September 2018
Gear Head

Roland System 16
Old 9th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Updated TB3 would be awesome.
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear
Lot of rumours of the SE Code going into Boutique format, which SE themselves haven't denied. If they do it I bet it's still 4-voice and would probably have tiny sliders like the JP-08 unless they get smart and drop the ribbon controllers.
Old 9th September 2018
Wonder why they've pushed it to 13/9, it was scheduled to release today... Dull balls...
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear
My prediction is an even smaller boutique line one that ants or other small creatures can play. or u can pick up Roland tweezers and a magnifying glass as accessories
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog8 View Post
Doubtful, if it was a Monosynth it would have to be $300 USD to compete with the Behringer $300 synths. If it was an analog poly they wouldn't do thag in the boutique format
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear

I hope it's 2 synth products and only 1 drum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_the_Darc View Post
Wonder why they've pushed it to 13/9, it was scheduled to release today... Dull balls...
"it was scheduled to release today" Do you know something we don't?

I generally don't expect releases during the weekend, people aren't at work to answer questions and resolve issues.
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear

My guess would be two new synths to replace the JDXI. It would be the same basic size with mini keys.

One would have the ACB from the Juno and TR909 in it only with 6 voices of polyphony not 4, and have a built in sequencer that can also play the 909

The other would be exactly the same only feature Jupiter 8 and 808 drum sounds
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search