The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kurzweil K2000 ROM Question Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Kurzweil K2000 ROM Question

Hi,

First post, so forgive me if this is somewhat of a dumb question. I have a Kurzweil K2000RS. When I bought it it already had the daughterboard and Orchestral ROM installed. A few weeks back I saw an E-Bay auction for the Contemporary ROM (JUST the ROM, nothing else). I figured I'd give it a punt because it was worth it for what the guy was asking and I'm not scared of installing new hardware on my instruments.

Over the weekend I had some time on my hands, so I cracked the case, located the daughterboard and installed the ROM. If I remember correctly, the Contemporary ROM patches are located at 800 and run through to 900 (where the Orchestral ROM patches start) BUT, when I power up the unit and start looking for sounds in the 800 range I just get a message that says "Not Found". I went back in to make sure that the ROM is installed the right way up (it is) and I grounded myself when putting it in, so very little change of static shock to any of the components. Everything else is working just fine. The unit is running 3.87J.

I thought that since the Orchestral ROM was already installed and working that I wouldn't need any other startup ROMS but since the one I bought had no instructions and I've never installed one of these I really don't know what to expect. I looked around for instructions online but didn't find anything that covered installing a new ROM block.

Can anyone out there help me out of point me in the right direction for what I need?

My sincere thanks in advance.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Thank you so much. I had wondered about that
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search