The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitar pedals for Kick drum. Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 12th August 2018
Here for the gear

Guitar pedals for Kick drum.

Hi Have a Jomox Mbase 11, what compressor, bass or any guitar pedals would you recommend to boost it? Heard the BOSS CS3 pedal might be good. Looking to add bass and thickness to the kick.
Old 12th August 2018
I would look into Moog's MF Drive
Old 13th August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by R JC Phillips View Post
Hi Have a Jomox Mbase 11, what compressor, bass or any guitar pedals would you recommend to boost it? Heard the BOSS CS3 pedal might be good. Looking to add bass and thickness to the kick.
Most overdrive and distortion pedals suck low and high end right out of the signal. They are made for guitar so handling 60Hz is not their specialty. What you want is an analog boost pedal with EQ controls. There are too many to list, but you probably want one with a boost knob, volume knob, and then at least bass and treble knobs. Xotic RC Boost comes to mind, but there are a ton of them.

You might get away with a Bass distortion ir fuzz pedal. I have an EHX Big Muff Bass Deluxe which comes with tone controls and filters. Never tried it on a kick, but it will crush a bass line, then bring back the low end with the tone, filters, and blend knobs.

I’d try the boost/EQ pedal first though.
Old 13th August 2018
Lives for gear

They are expensive, but the Retro Mechanical Labs units can really mangle some drums.

You might also want to consider a resonant high pass filter with overdrive. That combo can really add some thickness and life to a kick drum. I use the Rodec Restyler like that sometimes.

Edited to add: An amp sim pedal can also be a good option. Any of the Tech 21 Character series is worth a look.
Old 13th August 2018
Here for the gear

OK so you mean like Electro Harmonix The Mole and the Analogizer pedals. Would the Boss GE-7 make any difference it's the same price as the Harmonix pedals.
Old 13th August 2018
Gear Addict
The Analog Heat or Drive would be my choice.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search