The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Varg Style Synth Bass Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 12th August 2018
Here for the gear

Varg Style Synth Bass

Hey guys,

some time ago I stumbled over this video of Varg peforming at Forte Festival:

Really attached to his sound aesthetic in general and the bass sound in this video in particular. Talking about that single bass note which comes in together with the 4/4 kick, at 00:28 in the video. This bass is absolutely insane.

For some time I tried to figure out how to achieve these kind of bass sounds with my synths. I tried with the 303, but it was not satisfying. Also (so far) no results with my Korg MS-20 Mini. I think I'm slowly getting there, but in the end I have no idea what exactly he uses for it.

Any chance you guys have a better grasp of how to achieve these nicely defined bass sounds (which synth + fx combo) ? Thanks in advance!
Old 12th August 2018
Lives for gear

Are you sure it is not the effect of big amplifiers, many big speakers, distance from the stage, crappy smartphone microphone ?
That kind of signal chain can affect the sound quite a lot.
Old 12th August 2018
Here for the gear

Definitely is! Especially for low end power and body, yeah.
Still, really liking the style of it and wouldn’t classify it as a simple pulse, saw or whatever .. but similar to the basses in some of the Abdullah’s rashim records as well
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search