The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai Z8 Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Akai Z8

I don't see my brother as much as I like these days, But in all fairness he is looking after his own family (Wife, Kids, Pets, House, BILLS!)

But he does other brotherly things like often lending/gilting various bits of kit, Keyboards, Monitors, Stands, Racks, Cables.. All sorts!

So anyway I've been gifted an Akai Z8 3U Sampler..After readiing and searching the internet and this forum (Hands down my favourite forum I may add) I didn't find much about hwt I was looking for..

Obviously the Z4/8 and MPC4000 (Which would be a great addition to my setup now that I ae an Akai Sampler again).. I have read that the editor for the Z8 was ak.sys which is long discontinued right? I'm not using Windows anyway only ever Mac. (I'm aware you can use Wine and others to run ak.sys but there must be something better).

So I was hoping I could just just plug into the USB port and be able to uploa bunch of samples but that doesn't seem to be the case, Could any of you eelectric Music efficinedos point me to something more to ipyo date so I can upload samples and make patches and multi's etc?

Thanks for any help guys and girls :D
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

You can put samples onto a usb stick ect and feed it via the USB port.AKSYS is still downloadable via akai site.It works on my snow leopard mac.Maybe not on later OS.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa-Dubs View Post
You can put samples onto a usb stick ect and feed it via the USB port.AKSYS is still downloadable via akai site.It works on my snow leopard mac.Maybe not on later OS.

I had NO idea that yuo could still download ak.sys off of Akaipro.com !

I'm gunna give it a try now, Fingers crossed.. I've been very much thinking of a MPC 4000 with Z8 combo.

You Can replace the fans with new silent running ones and also SSD in both of the peices. Really nice.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear
Yeah...plugging in a USB stick is the quickest and most reliable way to transfer files. Aksys just makes creating programs and multis a little easier, since it gives you large interface similar to most software samplers like Kontakt, etc.

Aksys doesn't work natively on newer Mac OS, but I have Aksys running inside virtualbox/windowsXP install on my macs. It takes a little bit of setup but works great, plus it's free.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Thats a good bit of info nice one I'll see if maybe I can use a USB-HDD perhaps
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search